Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Super No Vacancy posted:

probably but i dont think the rate theyd have to pay him to give up all his other dates for the length of a whole tour wouldnt be worth it given the venues they usually run for BOSJ and the likelihood that he isnt enough of a draw there to go to bigger buildings?

Basically, I think you'd be betting that he adds a LOT of NJW subs and I dunno if that's the case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

That's a good point, how big of a draw would Rey be for Japan anyway? Bringing him into the US shows and using him for Japan similar to Jericho is a good idea but idk if BOSJ would be the thing they would spend money on him for

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

VJeff posted:

Is Rey at a point where his body could handle the BOSJ schedule?

I doubt it.

The only thing about BOSJ I've heard and it was several months ago was that they wanted two outsiders that would be relative curveballs. Curveballs in terms of style rather than a big surprise name.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Scott Norton cutting weight!!??

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

sanada's reverse guillotine or whatever it's supposed to be is so fuckin bad

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

hmm haskins and gresham

Takuan
May 6, 2007

rovert posted:

The only thing about BOSJ I've heard and it was several months ago was that they wanted two outsiders that would be relative curveballs. Curveballs in terms of style rather than a big surprise name.

"What are Darby Allin and Jason Kinkaid doing in The Impact Zone Korakuen Hall?!"

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
I really bought the Skull End as actually having a chance to finish Okada just because they've been building up Okada having a bad neck since what feels like that start of last year

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

handsome only face posted:

sanada's reverse guillotine or whatever it's supposed to be is so fuckin bad

It's a Dragon Sleeper and he does it dumber looking than most.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

MassRafTer posted:

It's a Dragon Sleeper and he does it dumber looking than most.

It's the body scissors. He can't lock it in without legit cranking necks so he ends up just brutalizing the forehead.

This felt like a breakout match for SANADA though. He actually emoted and the crowd believed he was going to win towards the end.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Ishin posted:

I really bought the Skull End as actually having a chance to finish Okada just because they've been building up Okada having a bad neck since what feels like that start of last year

I mean his neck has probably legitimately been a little screwed up since the dragon suplex from the top at WK11, dude got dumped basically vertically on his head.

Rewatching this gif I'd also be surprised if Kenny hasn't had a nagging bit of pain in his neck, he practically does the same thing to himself just delivering the move.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Really liked the story with Ospreay vs Hiromu. Hiromu's been doing all this poo poo to Ospreay because he doesn't respect him. And the match plays out with Hiromu just doing poo poo to Ospreay. Ospreay responds by getting even more vicious in his attacks, resulting in one of the grossest finishes I've seen in a while.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

rovert posted:

I doubt it.

there's at least three spots open with Ricochet, Liger and Taichi not doing it. I hope Soberano Jr. gets one, he looked really good at Fantasticamania.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Matt Riddle fits the weight limit as far as I know and works a much different style than the rest of them, I'd kind of like to see him.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Draxion posted:

Matt Riddle fits the weight limit as far as I know and works a much different style than the rest of them, I'd kind of like to see him.

Dude weed lmao

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Riddle is 6'2" and jacked. Dude would make Trent look like an actual junior.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
When Matt Riddle got interviewed by the observer I couldn't believe how high he sounded, it was nuts.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

coconono posted:

Really liked the story with Ospreay vs Hiromu. Hiromu's been doing all this poo poo to Ospreay because he doesn't respect him. And the match plays out with Hiromu just doing poo poo to Ospreay. Ospreay responds by getting even more vicious in his attacks, resulting in one of the grossest finishes I've seen in a while.

I got a bit worried when Hiromu got dropped from the top rope and hit his head on the rope, and that was halfway through the match :psyduck:

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Hiromu and Ospreay felt like Hiromu and Dragon Lee in that it was great but also felt super dangerous at times

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Hiromu and Ospreay felt like Hiromu and Dragon Lee in that it was great but also felt super dangerous at times

Yep, pretty much my reaction. This was one of those Hiromu matches where he took the breaks off and went balls out. And Ospreay was in full on Dynamite Kid mode. Awe inspiring at times but also ridiculous.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I want to point out that as far as I could tell, there wasn't a single botch in that match. Which is amazing considering the poo poo they did.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Baron Corbyn posted:

I want to point out that as far as I could tell, there wasn't a single botch in that match. Which is amazing considering the poo poo they did.

There were a couple of spots that look like they were worked botches, which played in. Like the spot where Hiromu was gonna catch Will off the cartwheel off the ropes and turn it into a Rana but he got kicked full force instead. You can see Hiromu switch from the catch stance to a block and Ospreay's foot still shoots over Hiromu's guard.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

here's what the Tongans were up to in the lead up to the BC Civil War

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GS98Pj337s

They got sweet jackets and drank a bunch.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
New Beginning was a two match show, but holy hell those two matches were fantastic. Ospreay vs. Takahashi might be my favorite NJPW match of 2018. These two have such good chemistry with each other and some of the spots were INSANE. Goto vs. EVIL didn't really do anything for me because of the weird officiating by Red Shoes. Okada vs. Sanada was a really fun title match. While I didn't expect Sanada to win seeing him hang with Okada was great. The story of Sanada trying to latch in the skull end over and over while avoiding the Rainmaker was great. Sanada really showed that with some polish and some focus that Sanada will be great in that upper midcard role.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
These last shows have turned me into a big Sanada fan. I like how chill and quiet he is cause it's so different to everything else out there and it also makes for really cool moments when he breaks that. I loved him turning Okada's bitchy little kicks back around on him. And despite not playing to the fans much he's managed to really get them on side as well. He's got the potential to be a real main event guy.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

SalTheBard posted:

New Beginning was a two match show, but holy hell those two matches were fantastic. Ospreay vs. Takahashi might be my favorite NJPW match of 2018. These two have such good chemistry with each other and some of the spots were INSANE. Goto vs. EVIL didn't really do anything for me because of the weird officiating by Red Shoes. Okada vs. Sanada was a really fun title match. While I didn't expect Sanada to win seeing him hang with Okada was great. The story of Sanada trying to latch in the skull end over and over while avoiding the Rainmaker was great. Sanada really showed that with some polish and some focus that Sanada will be great in that upper midcard role.

I liked Goto vs EVIL but I think it'd be one that will look better in photographs than it did playing out live.

Sanada is shaping up to be Ace material and NJPW's booking is strong enough that if he hangs around the midcard it won't make him look ridiculous if they need to heat him up quickly.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Hiromu is top 5 in the world, I can't think of a single weak point in his act

Needs More Jazz
Nov 4, 2009

Jenny Angel posted:

He didn't grill the chicken. :colbert:

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

Jenny Angel posted:

Not 350+ pounds .

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Needs More Jazz posted:

He didn't grill the chicken. :colbert:

I said weak point, not strong point

Bigass Moth posted:

Not 350+ pounds .

He is a superheavyweight of my heart

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
FYI Kawato-san makes his Puebla debut tomorrow night. Hopefully he looks better than he did for his Arena Mexico debut, he was clearly very nervous.

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead
I would love e Speedball in BoSJ but he's with DDT, right? He would have a ton of great matches in New Japan :/

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Daunte Vicknabb posted:

I would love e Speedball in BoSJ but he's with DDT, right? He would have a ton of great matches in New Japan :/

Outside talent, including folks from DDT, appear for NJPW all the time. Marufuji is NOAH through and through (I think he's the company's VP), but he appeared in G-1 and did well even, pinning Okada (and getting a title shot because of that). So I wouldn't rule it out wholly, at least not yet.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

outside talent will get signed to tours providing they don't have any existing legal reasons preventing them from making the dates. A lot of times its not NJPW passing on dudes, its their contractual situations not making the numbers line up right.

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse
Add me into the group of liking HIromu/Ospreay but could do without all those unsafe spots. I really would of been just as into the match without having to think about the horrible necks they're gonna have 10 years from now or sooner

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Outside talent, including folks from DDT, appear for NJPW all the time. Marufuji is NOAH through and through (I think he's the company's VP), but he appeared in G-1 and did well even, pinning Okada (and getting a title shot because of that). So I wouldn't rule it out wholly, at least not yet.

That Marufuji G1 run was during the time NJPW partially owned and Jado booked “supported” NOAH, so the contracts lined up. DDT may or may not line up now, but Ibushi and pre-Cleaner Kenny Omega both appeared in tournaments.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

it's been two years + some months since njpw and ddt did anything together so i'd be skeptical. stands to reason they don't wanna work with noah much since it basically got sold out from under them.

they seem to have an ok relationship with all japan in that they use the ajpw young boys on their lion's gate shows and send them the old dudes like kojima and nagata from time to time but the kojima match did not go swimmingly

also they use the kaientai dojo young boys but they dont have talent to feature elsewhere

so yeah w/r/t outside talent i think an all japan guy is most likely especially with them returning to the budokan in the g1
per NQQ i think the relationship with dragon gate is fine and dragon gate seems to be opening their borders this year with shingo and the crash so a dg guy for bosj might be the next most likely
ddt collaboration would be unlikely but if it's a gaijin then they would basically just be trying to sign them away anyway as with kenny or ricochet so i'm fine with them trying to poach bailey. but wouldn't call it likely
noah nah

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Honor Rising Cards

Day 1 (February 23rd)

Toa Henare & Katsuya Kitamura vs. Yujiro Takahashi & Bad Luck Fale

Jushin Liger, Cheeseburger & Delirious vs. Tama Tonga, Tanga Loa & HIKULEO

David Finlay & Juice Robinson vs. The Young Bucks

KUSHIDA vs. Hiromu Takahashi vs. Flip Gordon

Ryusuke Taguchi, Jay Lethal & Dalton Castle vs. Jay White, Beretta & Chuckle T

NEVER Openweight Championship
Hirooki Goto (c.) vs. Beer City Bruiser

Kenny Omega, Kota Ibushi & Chase Owens vs. Cody, Hangman Page & Marty Scurll

Day 2 February 24th

Toa Henare vs. Beer City Bruiser

Jay Lethal, David Finlay & Juice Robinson vs. Yujiro Takahashi, Chase Owens & HIKULEO

Ryusuke Taguchi & Flip Gordon vs. Hiromu Takahashi & BUSHI

NEVER Openweight 6 Man Championship
Jushin Liger, Cheeseburger & Delirious vs. Bad Luck Fale, Tama Tonga & Tanga Loa (c.)

Jay White, YOSHI-HASHI & Chuckie T vs. Hangman Page, Matt Jackson & Nick Jackson

ROH World Championship
Dalton Castle (c.) vs. Beretta

Golden✩Lovers vs. Cody & Marty Scurll

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
Uh yeah those Honor Rising cards...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009