Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

The Cameo posted:

That would probably be because the Bucks are much bigger stars to ROH than they are to New Japan.

That said that Golden Comeback doc literally has a question that references BTE, and there's still a month and a half until SSE, so they might actually announce something through Nick's FANTASTICAL VISIONS OF THE FUTURE.

So Okada's visions of the future on the Making Rain youtube show would be much more vivid and detailed in regards to New Japan matches, is what you're telling me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

VJeff posted:

I was fairly amused that for the Young Bucks' first future vision, they somehow were allowed to spoil the literal main event of Supercard of Honor on their Youtube show, but for SSE, all they got to show was a road sign. I'm not surprised NJPW is a little bit tighter with those details than RoH. :v:

I wouldn't be surprised if ROH wanted them to so they could shift tickets.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

VJeff posted:

So Okada's visions of the future on the Making Rain youtube show would be much more vivid and detailed in regards to New Japan matches, is what you're telling me.

It would just be Gedo yelling at the top of his lungs about how (person you least expect) will FALL TO THE R-R-R-R-R-R-R-R-R-R-RAINMAKER, directly into the screen

Takuan
May 6, 2007

I imagine it would be Okada giggling uncontrollably at something minor for 10 straight minutes every week.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

The Cameo posted:

It would just be Gedo yelling at the top of his lungs about how (person you least expect) will FALL TO THE R-R-R-R-R-R-R-R-R-R-RAINMAKER, directly into the screen

But that's what Gedo does anyway? :confused:

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead

VJeff posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVheid168N0

Switchblade is a bad little boy doing bad little things.

The thing I liked about Switchblade's promo the most is him actually pronouncing the Japanese things properly, Korakuen and Ishii immediately popped out as ones that gaijin and Dave and such always get wrong.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I like that he's overtly trying to bring BC down, and also poo poo stirring within Chaos.
Knife pervert really growing on me :)

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

St Evan Echoes posted:

I like that he's overtly trying to bring BC down, and also poo poo stirring within Chaos.
Knife pervert really growing on me :)

I wouldn't mind Ishii winning the New Japan Cup and finally getting his shot at Okada with Jay White in his ear convincing him that he's been denied for too long.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Charles Gnarwin posted:

I wouldn't mind Ishii winning the New Japan Cup and finally getting his shot at Okada with Jay White in his ear convincing him that he's been denied for too long.

ishiiii

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
You know what? Jay White is perfect in CHAOS because he embodies it so well.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Gaz-L posted:

But that's what Gedo does anyway? :confused:

Yes, but these would be future opponents, not the half-dead bodies Young Lions are rolling out of the ring and dragging to the back.

The Cameo fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Feb 14, 2018

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I am so loving down for Jay White singlehandedly breaking down the current faction landscape in NJPW. Just loving sowing chaos and betrayal everywhere.

The Cameo posted:

Takuan posted:

I imagine it would be Okada giggling uncontrollably at something minor for 10 straight minutes every week.

Well now I really want this. Come on, Yano, Rocky, somebody get on this!

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Daunte Vicknabb posted:

The thing I liked about Switchblade's promo the most is him actually pronouncing the Japanese things properly, Korakuen and Ishii immediately popped out as ones that gaijin and Dave and such always get wrong.
I'm kind of the opposite because it's a lot more jarring to me when people suddenly switch from English to using a full Japanese accent to say a word then switch back. It's like the difference between "Tana Ha Shi" and "Tana-Shi" sometimes the Japanese pronunciation just sounds so wrong from some people

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

VJeff posted:

I am so loving down for Jay White singlehandedly breaking down the current faction landscape in NJPW. Just loving sowing chaos and betrayal everywhere.

Would be a hell of a way to shake up CHAOS and Bullet Club, and to give White some stories and rivalries running forward.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

VJeff posted:

until he tries it on Suzuki gun :ohdear:

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

Ishii join Suzuki-gun

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

If Ishii turned on YTR to join Suzuki i might actually cry :smith:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

St Evan Echoes posted:

until he tries it on Suzuki gun :ohdear:

Oh they're all dumb idiots who might be stupid enough to try something, but that would just thrill Suzuki because he'd get to torture them back into line :getin:

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I watched that golden lovers video yesterday and I still have not stopped laughing at golden freezer as a finisher name

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

cams
Mar 28, 2003

you skipped the good one, dork

https://twitter.com/HighspotsWN/status/963820485812334592

wrestling is the best

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON

St Evan Echoes posted:

If Ishii turned on YTR to join Suzuki i might actually cry :smith:

Ishii and Yano join Suzuki-gun

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Ishii and Yano should turn goth and join LIJ

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Suzuki trying to teach YTR to give a harder edge to his pranks would be great.

What I'm saying is that they're going to electrocute Gedo's dick.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

cams posted:

you skipped the good one, dork

https://twitter.com/HighspotsWN/status/963820485812334592

wrestling is the best

is there a full version of the Best Friends webshow theme.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

NJPW 46th Anniversary
March 6th, 2018

Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Jushin Thunder Liger, Tiger Mask, KUSHIDA & Ryusuke Taguchi vs. Yuji Nagata, Toa Henare, Tomoyuki Oka, Syota Umino & Tetsuhiro Yagi

Katsuya Kitamura Best of Seven Series
Match 7 of 7
Katsuya Kitamura vs. Manabu Nakanishi

David Finlay & Juice Robinson vs. Tomohiro Ishii & Toru Yano

IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Championship
SHO & YOH (c) vs. BUSHI & Hiromu Takahashi vs. El Desperado & Yoshinobu Kanemaru

YOSHI-HASHI & Hirooki Goto vs. EVIL & SANADA

Tetsuya Naito vs. Taichi

IWGP Intercontinental Championship
Minoru Suzuki (c) vs. Togi Makabe

Kazuchika Okada vs. Will Ospreay

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Baron Corbyn posted:

Kazuchika Okada vs. Will Ospreay

Dear god.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Taichi is basically Vlad isn’t he

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Okada vs Ospreay will be great but that three way Junior Tag Team also seems like it could be super fun too

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Kitamura vs Nakanishi as the final of the trial series isn't particularly exciting, though I'm hoping it means Kitamura gets his big win.

harperdc posted:

Taichi is basically Vlad isn’t he

The King of the Make-Outs? Sounds about right, yep.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
New Beginning snowflakes

Nagata vs. Kitamura ***1/2
Kanemaru/Desperado vs. R3K ***1/4
Makabe/Elgin/Taguchi/KUSHIDA vs. Suzuki/Iizuka/Taka/Taichi ***1/4
Ishii/Yano/White vs. Juice/Finlay/Henare **1/2
BUSHI vs. Gedo **
Naito vs. YOSHI-HASHI ****
Ospreay vs. Hiromu ****3/4
Goto vs. EVIL ***
Okada vs. SANADA ****3/4

Is that the highest-rated singles match of YOSHI-HASHI's career?

Benne fucked around with this message at 09:45 on Feb 15, 2018

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

YOSHI has 4.25 star rated singles matches with Nagata, Naito and Omega.

Evil/Goto got 3 btw.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Michael Elgin signed a two-year contract through the end of January of 2019 with New Japan per the Observer and Meltzer's typo/math.

I assume he means 2020.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

rovert posted:

Michael Elgin signed a two-year contract through the end of January of 2019 with New Japan per the Observer and Meltzer's typo/math.

I assume he means 2020.

https://twitter.com/bulletclubital/status/939519870810710018?lang=en

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Baron Corbyn posted:

NJPW 46th Anniversary
March 6th, 2018

Katsuya Kitamura Best of Seven Series
Match 7 of 7
Katsuya Kitamura vs. Manabu Nakanishi

that's pretty weak

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...

Jerusalem posted:

Would Todd make a better member of Suzuki-Gun or would he be LIJ?

He keeps from getting herpes and a kid and stuff by just not givin’ a poo poo, which is very tranquilo

That said, he also enjoys a dumb broad with a big veiny rack, which to me says he’d be good friends with taichi

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

checksin posted:

Would Todd make a better member of Suzuki-Gun or would he be LIJ?

He keeps from getting herpes and a kid and stuff by just not givin’ a poo poo, which is very tranquilo

That said, he also enjoys a dumb broad with a big veiny rack, which to me says he’d be good friends with taichi

The true answer is Taguchi Japan.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Todd is definitely a Knife Pervert, but I don't think they'd let him into CHAOS

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Looking forward to MiSu taking Togi's biggest lariats and just laughing them off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Todd's finish: pissing up a rope, or yelling balls so loud his opponents head explodes?