Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

Benne posted:

Okada/Ospreay is a must-watch. Naito/Taichi and Suzuki/Makabe are both fun for what they are.

Thank you very much for the recs. I had a great time with these matches

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cams
Mar 28, 2003

suzuki/makabe was my favorite togi match i've seen. not usually a huge fan but this one was really enjoyable.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

KungFu Grip posted:

it'd probably be better to sleep for 3 days, that way he thinks your dead and that his job there is over.

Look at this amateur who thinks Suzuki will stop once you're dead.

He stops when he's finished.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Seeing those cards has reminded me that I'm really enjoying Toa Henare's 'pick a fight with the henchest motherfucker' act and I'm glad it's starting to get over

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I've like both of Taichi's matches with Naito I'm scared...

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

SatoshiMiwa posted:

I've like both of Taichi's matches with Naito I'm scared...
one of us! one of us!

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
Chuckie t in the paradise lock should be fun

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

What's up with the BOSJ Final being in Korakuen Hall this year? Seems weird that with attendance up and the G1 Final moving to Budokan that they're downsizing there.

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...

abraham linksys posted:

ibushi teaming with lesser bullet club while kenny is away is really cute

It’s like when your girlfriend leaves the room and you have to make small talk with her friend you don’t really know until she gets back

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Baron Corbyn posted:

What's up with the BOSJ Final being in Korakuen Hall this year? Seems weird that with attendance up and the G1 Final moving to Budokan that they're downsizing there.

The G1 isn't at Budokan because they want a bigger space, it's because Korakuen is being renovated in the summer, I thought?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

sumo hall

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

https://twitter.com/CEOJebailey/status/971822839899795456

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Is every Cup match going to have english commentary? Currently the schedule looks like this:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Yep, Dave was talking about this on WOR today. Apparently Kevin Kelly’s there for the next month solid

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Incessant Excess posted:

Is every Cup match going to have english commentary? Currently the schedule looks like this:

Kevin Kelly said he'd be doing commentary on all of them. I don't know if he's going to also have Callis (or also if Rocky is going to fill in some).

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Draxion posted:

Kevin Kelley said he'd be doing commentary on all of them. I don't know if he's going to also have Callis (or also if Rocky is going to fill in some).
Going from their banter at the Anniversary, Callis will not be there.

e: vv Yeah, that's what they actually said. And what I meant to say. :v:

frankenfreak fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Mar 8, 2018

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
I thought I remembered Kelly saying that he'd be there for every show and that Callis would be there for the finals, I was just a bit unsure since the schedule on the site didn't show that.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
weirdest crossover in a while

https://twitter.com/CEOJebailey/status/971822839899795456

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

nah, its smart money given how much Bullet Club style swag goes through the pro vidya fighting leagues.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
:cmon:

https://twitter.com/KennyOmegamanX/status/971800000857559042

cams
Mar 28, 2003

kenny omega has also been making appearances at CEO for years. other tournaments too, but CEO already has a whole wrestling thing going on, so it makes sense. florida is not doable for me, but i think it is pretty cool that njpw's third event in the us is teaming up with a fighting game tournament.

the fgc llves wrestling https://youtu.be/G2hsewxQdFA

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

This probably means we won't get part 3 of Kenny Omega vs Xavier Wood at CEO though

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/reasonjp/status/972014973281959942

Yuji Nagata and his brother are doing an amateur wrestling class for little kids. His brother won a silver medal in the 2000 Olympics.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Gotta be hosed up watching your kid get armbarred while Nagata rolls his eyes back in his head.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Tomoyuki Oka, Katsuya Kitamura, & David Finlay vs. Chuckie T, Toru Yano, & Hirooki Goto
HIKULEO & Bad Luck Fale vs. Davey Boy Smith Jr. & Lance Archer
BUSHI, SANADA, & Tetsuya Naito vs. El Desperado, Yoshinobu Kanemaru, & Zack Sabre Jr.
Toa Henare, Togi Makabe, & Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Taichi, Takashi Iizuka, & Minoru Suzuki
YOSHI-HASHI & Kazuchika Okada vs. Chase Owens & Kota Ibushi
New Japan Cup 2018 First Round Match: Juice Robinson vs. Yujiro Takahashi
New Japan Cup 2018 First Round Match: Michael Elgin vs. Tomohiro Ishii

Let's do this! Elgin vs Ishii should be a meaty one.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Not the best card but even the worst New Japan show tends to be pretty solid/watchable.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

poor kevin kelly, all alone :(

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Goto is really good at looking very serious and worried. Dude, it's just a bunch of young lions, relax :)

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

gently caress Michael Elgin but that match gonna be lit

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Poor bastard managed to overpower Goto only to get outplayed by Yano :xd:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

cams posted:

poor kevin kelly, all alone :(

Where is Rocky Romero? :mad:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Goddammit, I gotta miss the rest of this and Chuckie T just joined Kevin Kelly on commentary :cripes:

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves

Jerusalem posted:

Chuckie T just joined Kevin Kelly on commentary

:kingsley:

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Goddammit, I gotta miss the rest of this and Chuckie T just joined Kevin Kelly on commentary :cripes:

Finally, a reason to listen to English commentary

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

~kaze ni nare~

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Friendship with Greg ended. Okada is new friend.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

I love Juice's horrendous pants

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Jesus christ what the gently caress was that

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Yujiro you suck, go away

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
Pretty sure they're both dead after that.

Can't believe I didn't notice till just now that Juice has loving Brutus the Barber style meshing on his pants. :lol: