Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse
Add me into the group of liking HIromu/Ospreay but could do without all those unsafe spots. I really would of been just as into the match without having to think about the horrible necks they're gonna have 10 years from now or sooner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse

Draxion posted:

On a bullshit ROH card and also their very first one back together is also with Chase Owens, of all people.

If the alignment were different it should have been Chucky T but he's in CHAOS. Would have much preferred Golden Lovers of Low Moral Fiber instead of Chase being thrown in

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse

Dangerous Person posted:

It was Chuck's plan all along to gently caress Trent up at PWG so he could take his place in New Japan

confirmed:
https://twitter.com/SexyChuckieT/status/967966285924589568

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse
Ibushis promo (1:23) has me even more hyped for the match tonight
https://youtu.be/exA_TAifXHk

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse

VJeff posted:

Hangman is just a question mark to me. I don't have anything against him, I just don't know how good he is.

All the Elite guys think highly of him, and I think Cody said that that Hangman and Flip are on the same level/trajectory it's just that Flip is more annoying beacause he knows just how good he is

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse

Germansimp posted:

Episode 100 of Being the Elite is up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5C8bY_rHOA

More storyline advancement than ROH managed at SoH, even if the result is that the Elite...

... is dead.

Luaghing so hard at Nick doing a sad verson of the plugs at the end of the video

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse

Gumball Gumption posted:

The pacing of the Naito vs. Sazuki match was odd. 90% of the match was real good but was all of Sazuki on offense. Then it ended with a quick burst from Naito, Destino, 123. Naito needed more offense to really make the pin feel right. In the match it just felt sudden.

The blood trickling from Suzuki's nose was a great image.

When I saw people talking about someone being hurt, I thought it was Naitos knee because the sequence after Suzuki had that half crab in the ropes, he was selling so long and awkwardly. But I guess it was just paced weird.

Oh well, one not incredible main event isn't gonna kill New Japan. It's just a testament to how high the standard has been raised lately

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse

Tonfa posted:

thinking about Tama Tonga cutting a promo for BONE SOLDIER's abs

Yeah, did Gedo see the Narcissist Lex Luger debut Bobby Henan did?

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse

frankenfreak posted:

The thing that terrifies me the most in Ospreay's matches aren't even the bumps, but his pained screams. Must be something about the pitch, but they really get to me.

https://twitter.com/hunktears/status/990491746395045889

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse

El Gallinero Gros posted:

The new BTE has a sweet moment from a ROH/NJPW show.

While on the subject, there's a shirt (I've seen Matt and Kenny both wear it) that looks like a fighting game character select screen that has all the members of The Elite available but I've not seen the shirt on PWT or Hot Topic's website. Anybody know where I can find it?

I pretty sure it was a pro wrestling crate exclusive

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse

KungFu Grip posted:

Also Kenny Omega is throwing a fit on twitter that people are mad at him for booking a pedophile.

It doesn't seem that bad unless he deleted tweets I missed, the main "throwing a fit" post was a response defending to someone who posted a thread basically calling him a hypocrite and not being who he claimed to be in wanting to change the world etc.

Kenny posted a follow up saying that he gave the ring crew the first dark match and didn't know about Rance besides working around him in 2004, and saying he'll do work with people he's familiar with from now on

I'm not saying he's 100% in the right but he just seems like he wasn't in the know with all the madness setting up the show

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse

Spuckuk posted:

For people that don't know, he's one of the best European fgc commentators, and also has his own radio show on the biggest UK station. Has a long running jokey feud with Kenny as well as being a massive wrestling nerd in general.

The middle guy is a non-fgc esports commentator, from what one of my friends said, maybe dota or something. Definitely seemed more polished in a broadcast sense than the other two, but still seemed to know his wrestling

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse

Gumball Gumption posted:

Dragon Lee normally bridges it as well. I really wonder if the throw was planned or a mistake.

Didn't someone say it was Dragon Lee's fourth match in two days? Maybe he was just running out of gas and didn't get to bridge like he wanted

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse
I strongly agree with this tweet

https://twitter.com/kathbarbadoro/status/1016088285112913921

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse

I Before E posted:

I thought that was just Taguchi Japan

Taguchi Japan is just kinda the default babyface locker room stable, this seems like something different. I hope it's something they have a plan for and not just Tana saying stuff in promos. It'd be pretty intersting and shake things up stable wise.

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse
I swear to god if I just got spoiled for the B block finals by the njpwworld homepage as I logged in to watch the vod, I will flip out

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse

DONT TOUCH THE PC posted:

So how am I gonna watch this in this little old country of me across the Atlantic?

FiteTv PPV $39.99

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse

Benne posted:

If he caught himself on the ring steps then he probably hosed up his face real good, those things are harder than the Japanese tables. I think it's pretty telling that they got the cameras off him as fast as possible.

I think they keep the steps under the ring except for entrances, so hopefully it was "just" the ring

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse

Rarity posted:

My friend has agreed to come over and watch a bunch of NJPW matches to see if I can get him into wrestling. I'm planning on doing a bunch of G1 matches from this year, what would people recommend?

Also show him all the showbuckle videos

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Not shocked at All Japan considering they worked together recently but working with NOAH is a bit of a shock

I would think grudges go away with repect to Baba,this is to commemorate the 20th anniversary of his passing, according to that twitter account

More background:
https://twitter.com/reasonjp/status/1052086967385579520

Troxartas fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Oct 16, 2018

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse

Carlioo posted:

They did it at the start of this tour too, so no.

Anyway something more important:
https://twitter.com/reasonjp/status/1067651491412959232?s=19

Hope it's him/Kelly/Dustin or Rocky, Callis just isn't for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse

The Croc posted:

So i've just signed up for New japan world what 2018 shows should i watch besides WK to sort of catch up on the major stories for this years WK.

Be aware that you'll get charged again at the beginning January, it's just how the billing stuff works in Japan apparently.

Should we put a big flashing notice at the beginning of the thread to wait until the first of the month before signing up unless there's an immediate show to watch.