Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
suzuki/okada from the g1 is criminally underrated. i think it’s just short of the okada/shibata and okada/omega II perfection but better than the g1 finals and just as good as the other 5-star matches NJPW’s had this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

Artelier posted:

The NJPW YouTube has translations of the post-match interviews. They come out a few days after, but I guess that's time to edit and subtitle everything. The ones just in English (Jericho/Omega and I think Jay White) came out almost immediately though.

The Okada/Naito one tells the story of the match more explicitly: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iNpHV3ZKLc

Worth subscribing to the account I feel.

it must've been a great moment for naito to go from the fans voting him out of the dome main event, to walking out to forty thousand people chanting his name. i'm happy for him.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

Baron Corbyn posted:

New Beginning in Sapporo: 2 Rounds of Snow Night One (January 27)
Katsuya Kitamura Challenge Series Round 2
Katsuya Kitamura vs. Michael Elgin

i hope this is the one EVOLVING MONSTER!! wins.

when is elgin's deal up? aside from being a piece of poo poo, he's also got a thousand yard stare going and has clearly lost a step.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
I went to the Rev Pro wrestling show yesterday and I'm just in awe of Suzuki and how good he is. The main event was him and Zack vs. Tyler Bate and Trent Seven and man, Suzuki cackling in Bate's face while taking slaps and chops and forearms was so loving cool.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
It was the first time I've ever gone to live pro wrestling so I dunno if the match actually was really good but I was super into it. There was also EVIL/SANADA vs. two English dudes whose names I can't remember and that was cool. Also Ospreay did some insane flippy poo poo. Pro wrestling in person is so weird because you can tell much more clearly when they're hitting each other's hands and poo poo but also it's way more impressive when you see these bodies just flying through the air. And then when it's guys who are really good like Suzuki or Bate you just get insanely invested because it really looks and (especially) sounds like they're just beating the gently caress out of each other. Suzuki's elbows are so loud in person.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
man evil totally blew goto out of the water.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

SalTheBard posted:

Didn't AJ Styles break his neck and his gimmick was the Bullet Club Hunter but than AJ went to the WWE before HASHI came break?

yoshi tatsu is currently wrestling his best ever matches in ajpw somehow at like 40 years old with a hosed up neck.