Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«12 »
GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Did it not come across on TV how much the foreigners trapped in the standing room only section were booing Elgin on TV? Because I didn't see anyone comment on it in the live thread. It was pretty loud in person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Switchblade and Toru Yano for the World Tag League

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/takam777/status/949655254051692544

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Fantasticamania cards are up. Kawato has his farewell match advertised.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

sigmachiev posted:

Kojima v Rush on night 3 is dope. Beyond that this is a little meh. Looks like Kenny and Okada are given the week off unless I'm misreading something.

Okada is teaming with Ultimo and Gran Guerrero against Tanahashi and the likes of Mistico in main events,

CMLL have confirmed Kawato is going there.

https://twitter.com/CMLL_OFICIAL/st...608111747895296

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

New Beginning in Sapporo: 2 Rounds of Snow Night One (January 27)
Katsuya Kitamura Challenge Series Round 2
Katsuya Kitamura vs. Michael Elgin

KUSHIDA, Tiger Mask, Jushin Liger, Satoshi Kojima and Hiroyoshi Tenzan vs.Suzuki Gun (TAKA Michinoku, El Desperado, Taichi, Yoshinobu Kanemaru and Takashi Iizuka)

Tomohiro Ishii and Toru Yano vs. Chase Owens and Yujiro Takahashi

NEVER Openweight 6 Man Tag Team Championship

Bullet Club (Tanga Loa, Tama Tonga and Bad Luck Fale) (c) vs. Togi Makabe, Ryusuke Taguchi and Toa Henare

David Finlay, Juice Robinson and Kota Ibushi vs. Bullet Club (Marty Scurll, Hangman Page and Cody)

YOSHI-HASHI and Will Ospreay vs. Tetsuya Naito and Hiromu Takahashi

CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada, Hirooki Goto and Gedo) vs. Los Ingobernables de Japon (SANADA, EVIL and BUSHI)

CHAOS (Jay White, SHO and YOH) vs The Elite (Kenny Omega, Matt Jackson and Nick Jackson)

IWGP Intercontinental Championship
Hiroshi Tanahashi (c) vs. Minoru Suzuki

New Beginning in Sapporo: 2 Rounds of Snow Night Two (January 28)

Katsuya Kitamura Challenge Series Round 3
Katsuya Kitamura vs. Juice Robinson

Shota Unno*, Ryusuke Taguchi, Tiger Mask and Jushin Liger vs. Suzuki Gun (TAKA Michinoku, El Desperado, Taichi and Yoshinobu Kanemaru)

Toru Yano & Tomohiro Ishii vs. Hiku'leo* and Yujiro Takahashi

Toa Henare, Satoshi Kojima, Hiroyoshi Tenzan and Togi Makabe vs. Bullet Club (Chase Owens, Tanga Loa, Tama Tonga and Bad Luck Fale)

Hiroshi Tanahashi and Michael Elgin vs. Minoru Suzuki and Takashi Iizuka

Kota Ibushi, David Finlay and KUSHIDA vs. Bullet Club (Cody, Hangman Page and Marty Scurll)

CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada, Hirooki Goto, YOSHI-HASHI, Will Ospreay and Gedo) vs. Los Ingobernables de Japon (SANADA, EVIL, Tetsuya Naito, Hiromu Takahashi and BUSHI)

IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Championship

The Young Bucks (c) vs. Roppongi 3K

IWGP United States Heavyweight Championship

Kenny Omega (c) vs. Jay White

Road to New Beginning (February 5)

Ryusuke Taguchi, Tiger Mask and Jushin Liger vs. Shota Unno, Tetsuhiro Yagi and Ren Narita

Satoshi Kojima and Michael Elgin vs. Yujiro Takahashi and Hiku'leo

Katsuya Kitamura Challenge Series Round 4
Katsuya Kitamura vs. Hiroyoshi Tenzan

Roppongi 3K (Rocky Romero, SHO and YOH) vs. Suzuki Gun (Taichi, TAKA Michinoku and El Desperado)

Toa Henare and Juice Robinson vs. Toru Yano and Tomohiro Ishii

Hiroshi Tanahashi, Togi Makabe and KUSHIDA vs. Minoru Suzuki, Takashi Iizuka and Yoshinobu Kanemaru

David Finlay vs. Jay White

Elimination Tag Match
CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada, Hirooki Goto, YOSHI-HASHI, Will Ospreay and Gedo) vs. Los Ingobernables de Japon (SANADA, EVIL, Tetsuya Naito, Hiromu Takahashi and BUSHI)

Road to New Beginning (February 6)
KUSHIDA, Tiger Mask and Jushin Liger vs. Shota Unno, Ren Narita and Tetsuhiro Yagi

Hiroyoshi Tenzan and Michael Elgin vs. Hiku'leo and Yujiro Takahashi

Katsuya Kitamura Challenge Series Round 5

Satoshi Kojima vs. Katsuya Kitamura

Roppongi 3K (Rocky Romero, SHO and YOH) vs. Suzuki Gun (TAKA Michinoku, Yoshinobu Kanemaru and El Desperado)

Toa Henare, Juice Robinson and David Finlay vs. CHAOS (Jay White, Toru Yano and Tomohiro Ishii)

Hiroshi Tanahashi, Ryusuke Taguchi and Togi Makabe vs. Suzuki Gun (Minoru Suzuki, Taichi and Takashi Iizuka)

CHAOS (YOSHI-HASHI, Gedo and Will Ospreay vs. Los Ingobernables de Japon (Tetsuya Naito, Hiromu Takahashi and BUSHI)

IWGP Tag Team Championship
Kazuchika Okada and Hirooki Goto vs. EVIL and SANADA (c)

New Beginning in Osaka (February 10)

Katsuya Kitamura Challenge Series Round 6
Yuji Nagata vs. Katsuya Kitamura

Roppongi 3K vs. El Desperado and Yoshinobu Kanemaru

Michael Elgin, Juice Robinson and David Finlay vs. CHAOS (Jay White, Toru Yano and Tomohiro Ishii)

Hiroshi Tanahashi, Togi Makabe, KUSHIDA and Ryusuke Taguchi vs. Suzuki Gun (Minoru Suzuki, Takashi Iizuka, TAKA Michinoku and Taichi)

Gedo vs. BUSHI

YOSHI-HASHI vs. Tetsuya Naito

IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship

Will Ospreay (c) vs. Hiromu Takahashi

NEVER Openweight Championship
Hirooki Goto (c) vs, EVIL

IWGP Heavyweight Championship
Kazuchika Okada (c) vs. SANADA

*Shota Umino has been renamed Shota Unno and Leo Tonga has been renamed Hiku'leo

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

SalTheBard posted:

Goddamn I'm hype AF for all those title matches!

They're all great but I'm most excited to see Switchblade and Yano interacting as a team.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Foul Fowl posted:

i hope this is the one EVOLVING MONSTER!! wins.

when is elgin's deal up? aside from being a piece of poo poo, he's also got a thousand yard stare going and has clearly lost a step.

I think the word was after this tour.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

coconono posted:

people would like YOSHI HASHI better if he said stupid poo poo in english on twitter.

he should just tweet "LOOSE EXPLOSION" over and over again

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Jericho/Omega got 5 stars from Meltzer. (Main event and Suzuki/Goto got 4.5, 4 way got 4.75)

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I'm not one to quibble on Meltzer ratings but I honestly think he went low on that one and Suzuki/Goto and too high on the juniors. Or maybe just too high on the juniors.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

harperdc posted:

That’s a real cousin to Schroedinger’s Stone Cold Beer.

Also Yano vs SANADA at the G1 last year was amazing. The best part about Yano is apparently he also has a really good amateur background.

Both SANADA and EVIL's matches were great because they showed it's incredibly easy to beat Yano if you don't fall into the trap of trying to match his bullshit, yet everyone still kept doing it.

My only complaint is they didn't leave Yano in the Paradise Lock on the entrance ramp for at least the entrances in the next match.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I have Yano's DVD. I got drunk at his bar and then he offered it to me and I bought it because I thought it'd be funny. It cost like US$40. He signed it and gave me some Yano bucks to go with my Okada bucks though tbf.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Buying the tickets through Lawsons own website is fairly straightforward and picking them up from the machine is simple even with no knowledge of Japanese. I did it for the Fan Festival and NOAH during WK week and I'm planning on doing it again for Dominion.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Aesop Poprock posted:

I came into this thread hoping to find a bunch of people pissed off at Jericho's attention over the Japanese guys but there's only a few and that's disappointing. Please be more petty in the future

dromal phrenia posted:

What is the conversion rate of yano bucks to okada bucks?

surely Okada causes Mansa Musa style hyperinflation and devaluation of his currency every time he makes his entrance?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

checksin posted:

Here is my switchblade jay white story

mine is that I saw him walking around with his mum and dad and it made him look even more like an edgy emo teen.

Also I just rode the roller coaster when I was bored waiting for WK

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

The one that goes THROUGH the hotel? That looked absolutely terrifying (I wish I had ridden it)

it's not too bad, no loops or anything. It's ¥1000 to ride it once but they offer a ticket to ride any five rides for ¥2600, so I rode that four times and the pirate ship once.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

abraham linksys posted:

Holy poo poo; I had no idea they ran that in winter. I always figured that if I go to Tokyo in warmer weather that would definitely be on my to-do list (there aren't many roller coasters you can easily get to by public transit in most cities of the world, it turns out), but that if I did a Wrestle Kingdom trip it wouldn't be possible.

you can get to both Disney parks easily by public transport in Tokyo and Fuji-Q Highland if you're extra dedicated for a day trip.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

The Cameo posted:

Kidani having a relationship with people inside his administration is probably the biggest knock against Kidani I can think of. Otherwise that dude is just an affable, quiet guy.
well that puts him above American promoters who have relationships with people inside the Trump administration and British promoters who have relationships with 15 year old girls.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Okada's getting death threats

quote:

“Ace of pro wrestling world?
I can easily kill this small fry (Okada) with my surprise throwing knifes”

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Just realised that Okada/SANADA is a match up between the two worst outfit changes of the last year. Longboys vs stupid bull mask. Whoever loses should be forced to revert to their previous look and so should the winner.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Maybe it was obvious on the broadcast but the cat Hiromu brought out at WK wasn't Daryl

https://twitter.com/milano_c_at/sta...862702515929089

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Bard Maddox posted:

when do the long boys and knife pervert team up

They aren't teaming on the New Beginning tour. NJPW have thankfully been finding the absolute least appropriate members of CHAOS for Switchblade to team with, so he's tagging with Roppongi 3K and Toru Yano.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Meltzer says NJPW are in talks with Goldberg

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

shiksa posted:

who were the people before kojima/dragon lee/etcs match?

Black Cat's family. It was the Black Cat memorial match.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Big Mike apparently going to be on Sam Roberts's podcast?

https://twitter.com/MichaelElgin25/...502229821706240

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Using the same generic theme they used for everyone for Dragon Lee & Mistico instead of Dragon Lee's dub theme might be NJPW's greatest crime.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Suplex Liberace posted:

Njpws theme situation on world has always been sub par.

you can't argue that going from this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W21lp9474BI

to this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joqYDDq4f40

isn't criminal

GEORGE W BUSHI fucked around with this message at Jan 21, 2018 around 15:24

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Foul Fowl posted:

There was also EVIL/SANADA vs. two English dudes whose names I can't remember and that was cool.

they wrestled Aussie Open who are actually Australian as you probably figured out when I said they're called Aussie Open. I've been impressed by what I've seen of them, especially Mark Davis (the bigger one).

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Taichi vs Naito loving owned.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Thauros posted:

I'm guessing Nagata will take Kojima's spot for most of the New Beginning matches as rn he's only scheduled for Osaka vs. Kitamura. Wonder what they'll do for Kitamura's match on the second Korakuen?

if Nakanishi isn't penciled in as his final opponent, I imagine him. Otherwise, David Finlay? He's the only heavyweight Sekigun foreigner not scheduled to face him.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I read someone suggest KOPW, which is great because it's (a) apparently where they had their really great match and more importantly (b) a long time in the future

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

St Evan Echoes posted:

He is but he had a whole lot of bullshit NEVER defences, inshallah they book this reign better

in his last two matches he's deliberately sent his boys away so maybe they realise people hated that poo poo and not in a good way

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Elgin: I'm out here by myself with absolutely no help whatsoever.
Suzuki looks at Iizuka
Suzuki:

people rag on Iizuka a lot and for good reason but once TakaTaichiMania gets uploaded don't just skip to the main event and make sure to watch Iizuka vs. Kasai because that was one of my favourite matches this year with an insane finish where their no disqualification match ends with ref stoppage because they try to kill each other with knives and the whole locker room has to pull them apart

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Toa Henare will be replacing Tanahashi today. Tomoyuki Oka will take Henare's place in his match.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

The confetti at the end there suggests that someone at New Japan has dutifully been setting that up every show in the hopes that today would be the day that Kenny and Kota reunite.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/MrLARIATO/status/957561324946513920

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

VJeff posted:

Yo where the gently caress were the Tongans

https://twitter.com/TOKSFALE/status/957608851380973568

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I don't really watch Being the Elite but isn't Cody more integral to that considering he actually travels with the Bucks while Omega spends most of his time in Japan. Add to that Cody and the Bucks co-promoting a show and that Golden Lovers vs. The Bucks would certainly be a better match and story than Golden Lovers vs. Cody & Marty/Hangman and I wouldn't be sure the Bucks stick with Kenny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

frankenfreak posted:

Wouldn't a Golden Lovers/Young Bucks match pretty much have to happen outside of New Japan, though? I thought they're rather serious about keeping heavyweights and juniors apart outside of 6+-man matches and Kenny and Kota are very much established heavies now.

Bucks have been agitating to move up for a while now, and they've been packing on the pounds recently.

Kenny spoke to Tokyo Sports about what happened

https://twitter.com/KennyOmegamanX/...907150621130753

«12 »