Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Baron Corbyn posted:

You should all at least see the image included in the article btw

I agree, Naito, I can't believe that hair either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

VJeff posted:

Who's gonna be bigger, Sho or Yoh?

Looks like Sho

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Of course Suzuki wallops a young boy on his way out

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Knife Pervert's entire look is such a riff on Omega it's almost plagiarism

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

oatgan posted:

omega's look in question was literally just cobra though

So this is a photocopy of a photocopy

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Sam Smith lookin rear end

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

hyper from Pixie Sticks posted:

I slept in and only switched on to see Edgy Ted Cruz get the win. Anything unmissable prior to then that I need to back and watch?

Also, any chance Sanada wins and we get the old 'underling did what the stable leader couldn't' story arc?

I assume you mean knife pervert and if so not that I'm aware. The Kitamura match might have been good though.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

EVIL is my thicc goth gf

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Ishii and Yano should turn goth and join LIJ

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Very excited to get too drunk and fall asleep before the one match I'm really excited for

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

BCB for 2018 G1

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

With Nagata out of the running we need a new dumpy older guy who does hell of strikes

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

SalTheBard posted:

I only started watching 3ish years ago. What's the story with the Golden Lovers?

They had a messy breakup years ago but now they're back together and love is real.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

It's like King Of The Ring but you get a world title shot, so better than King Of The Ring.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Minoru Suzuki should come out during Tanahashi's match and shoot him in the head with a gun, that would put him out until at least the G1

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Gaz-L posted:

Eh, maybe Dominion.

He'll return at Dominion to announce his entry in the G1, and in his first match Suzuki will kill, cook, and serve him live on World, putting him out of the tournament for at least seven nights.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Goddammit, I gotta miss the rest of this and Chuckie T just joined Kevin Kelly on commentary :cripes:

Finally, a reason to listen to English commentary

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

I love Juice's horrendous pants

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Juice's long boys are pastel cybergoth as gently caress, and while that Tokyo Pimps was really not great I actually really liked that match.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Gaz-L posted:

It better be. I know HASHI is getting a push, but he should not be beating Ibushi.

New Best Friends for next IWGP tag champs.

That would be a massive downgrade for Okada but I'd be down for a Chuck/YTR tag reign.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Has anyone translated Taka's introductory promos? They seem really over and I'd like to know what he's on about, other than that people need to COME OVER HERE.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

thank you jezza

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Baron Corbyn posted:

New Japan translates them. He's asking the crowd who they think is going to win.

ZSJ is winning the Cup.

Ah, thanks.

I'm very excited for ZSJ to collectivize the Cup

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

I feel like they're going to have Okada tie the record but lose the defense that would break it, so they have another Tanahashi/Okada feud based on that to work with.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

VJeff posted:

So is Budokan a significant building for the G1 finals to be at?

It is for Ibushi

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

super macho dude posted:

Remind me again what happens when the Champion wins the G1?

I'm assuming they get to choose their opponent

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Marty Scurll is a huge loving dweeb but that's at least a personality, so he's got something over Ospreay

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Marty is definitely a Jacen Burrows comic looking dude but I have hope that with time he may become a Juan Jose Ryp comic looking dude

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Demtor posted:

I am not of fan of bendy man ZSJ so needless to say watching the New Japan Cup matches this year was infinitely frustrating. I don't even mind his style (Bryan Danielson did it better way back when :colbert:) I just don't like how his style takes over the entire match to the point of nausea. "Oh look, yet ANOTHER hold move. Zzzz." Doesn't help that his awkward and unappealing look leaves much to be desired. I mean... last year's winner was Shibata. Wow. Look how far they've switched gears just to get this gangly manchild over. Sweet jeezus. Sounds like I better get used to him though, blah. Variety is the spice of life I guess.

I was really happy Okada almost put his arm through his chest for the win even if Zack sold it like the goof he is.

source your quotes

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Zack is like a smaller Cesaro in that they're guys who have muscle but not necessarily bulk.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

They won't spring for a coffin full of his native soil to send with him on excursion

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Bushi is the cute one in the boy band that is LIJ

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Cavauro posted:

Kevin Kelly is the only person who knew about the videos and had them taken down so that he could play the hero and publicly 'look into it'. contemptible mongrel

Jet fuel can't melt steel chairs

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Rarity posted:

There's this thing called kayfabe though

Most of Showbuckle's videos adhere to kayfabe, though, describing, say, the Golden Lovers history through the characters of Kota and Kenny.

I think if NJPW was interested in doing English video packages to promote matches for international audiences, they could do worse than picking Showbuckle up to help write them.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Okada should destroy Tanahashi and finally force him to take the time off he needs

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Best Butt Machine imo

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Suzuki is an extremely cool dad who loves streetwear and anime

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Strawberry Panda posted:

I believe Chris Jericho can pull 5 stars out of Naito.

4 five star matches to one, I'd say Naito is the one doing the pulling.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Low Desert Punk posted:

Go easy on Jericho, he was in WWE most of his career, it's not like he had many chances

I'm just saying, the numbers don't lie, and they spell disaster for Jericho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

TriffTshngo posted:

- Minoru Suzuki is an awful, evil, horrible man. I think he's the only guy since I got back into wrestling when I was around 17 I've ever been able to 100% suspend disbelief with and not have that "oh man he's doing great heel work" reaction even in the back of my mind. Makes me feel like a kid in 2000 again wanting nothing except to see Triple H get his rear end kicked and lose the title.

He's actually cool, nerd