Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Hey, Johnny, what's a "shitpost"?

Kaveman posted:

Can we stop dunking on the NEVER belt?? It's the perfect midcard belt keeping big hard lads occupied and putting on consistently good matches.

Suzuki's reign was pretty bad this past year, taken as a whole. Too many gimmicks. Can only hope that they do something better with the belt in 2018.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

I suspect happenings in Japan are a bigger deal to a Japanese magazine than anything going on in WWE, regardless of who's involved.

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

I thought both of Jay's big singles matches so far were really good, I've been pretty high on his in-ring work, and I feel like his promos and body language have been steadily improving. I guess that's not the consensus though? :shrug:

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

harperdc posted:

In WWE, you would have people pleading backstage to a GM or coming to the ring to cut a promo to give a reason why they should enter. NJPW just cuts that fat out, and if there is a guy who doesn’t make the cut, he may spin it some way, but NJPW doesn’t have the same redneck kabuki trappings as WWE.

I want you to know that this post lightened my day and I genuinely laughed aloud at it.

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Those students gonna get the poo poo kicked outta them goddamn :stare:

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

I really hope that's not the full lineup. That would be a really tiny tournament.

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Baron Corbyn posted:

The NJPW Story Mode for Fire Pro is going to be fully voiced, and I mean fully voiced. They've even got Oka in the studio reading lines for it.

https://twitter.com/OkaTomoyuki/status/981394218898903041

I just wanna back up for a minute here and appreciate how happy Oka looks to be included. :allears:
Doing VO work is probably a dream come true for a nerd like him.

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Gumball Gumption posted:

His suits look good. Naito's suit is cool but it always obviously looks like "a wrestling costume". Bushi just has a really good taste in suits.

My girlfriend informs me that Bushi also has excellent taste in cosmetics. Apparently he is just a stylish dude all around.

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Jenkem Delivery posted:

On a side note the cow palace is surrounded by some sketchy areas, I do not recommend walking around there at night.

I did not know this. Thank you for saving me from a potential mugging. (I usually only go there for the Dickens Christmas Faire)

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Strawberry Panda posted:

All Showbuckle's videos have been taken down :(.

Dangit those videos were real good. Showbuckle vids were what I was showing to friends to try and get people into NJPW.

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Ren is good, but I'm all about my boy Shota Umino. He is killing it out there every time.

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Got my tickets after like 25 minutes of staring at loading screens and processing errors but gently caress it I GOT 'EM. Hyped as hell.

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Low sales for the Cow Palace make me sad. I was hoping this would be the first show of several to come to the Bay.

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

I would be unreasonably excited for Taichi/Goto and I'm kind of disappointed to see Elgin also in the match. But whatever. Elgin, despite being a garbage can, has some decent power stuff and I'll live as long as Goto and Taichi kick each other real hard.

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

I've been hoping for a Suzuki match at G1 Special, given how much love there's been for him at his American appearances this year, but that might be a pipe dream

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

If I was Cobb, I wouldn't want to work too much with the only promotion still regularly booking Elgin.

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Huh. Shows what I know. Guess Cobb really is the chillest dude.

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Pinwiz11 posted:

oh god now i need pentagon v suzuki i never knew i needed that

Where the heck is that "unnerved stare while tossing popcorn at closed mouth" smiley when I need it because that is exactly what this match would be.

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Yeah, that one. Thank you.

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

I've been really liking SHO in this tournament and haven't much cared about YOH so I guess I'm the odd man out here? SHO's had amazing intensity and real high-octane matches so far.

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Anybody else gonna be there? So hype for these title matches :woop:

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Dunno how it played on World, but that "gently caress you Switchblade" chant was loud as *gently caress*. That building hated Jay.

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

I was rather surprised that match continued after that spot. Everybody in attendance thought we just saw a man die. The fact that they finished the match as normal gave me hope that he would be okay. Now, though... :ohdear:

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Yeah, "Road to" shows are house shows. The big stars will typically be there, but in large multi-man tag matches. If you're lucky, there might be a title defense for one of the lesser titles.

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

remusclaw posted:

I wanna see Yano interact with western style turnbuckle pads now. Whole new ballgame.

Oh my God I never knew I needed this until this moment.

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

This is precious and amazing. Yano and Cabana are both fantastic. :allears:

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Noooo. When I went to a fun wrestling show in San Fran I didn't think I'd be seeing Hiromu's last match. Terrible news. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Ugh. I can already see Kushida coasting on 205 Live in my head, having half-speed matches while people check their phones. Awful. Hope this somehow isn't true.