Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carlioo
Dec 26, 2012

:krakentoot:

Stone Pitbull 141 posted:

You know a show is gonna be good when even the Young Lion match is a banger.

So, every show?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlioo
Dec 26, 2012

Counterpoint: Ibushi is also great.

Shaking Kelly's and Charlton's hands :allears:

Carlioo
Dec 26, 2012

Indy Curb Stomp?!

Carlioo
Dec 26, 2012

I hate to tell you all that wrestling isn't just good.

It's beautiful. Thank you Golden Lovers.

Carlioo
Dec 26, 2012

They put up some videos on NJPWorld today: Dynamite Kid's memorial ceremony (untranslated sadly) and the Lion's Break shows!

Carlioo
Dec 26, 2012

The Cameo posted:

He's managed to balance "sniveling weasel" with "can actually wrestle real good if he needs to" almost too effectively for a guy who started in 2013.

Think about that, the dude's only five years in to his career and two of those were as a Young Lion.

God I don't know if I'm :allears: or :gonk: at the thought of hating his guts for at least the next 5 years.

Carlioo
Dec 26, 2012

Strawberry Panda posted:

Of course, there are ways around this. Use your show as a showcase for another promotion and the gauge fan interest in those matches, then invest wisely. Or scout cheap talent you can groom into drawing stars in the future.

Basically, I think they have already found the solution to the issue: train women in the dojo. Once they see Star potential or a division that can draw there, they'll put it on screen.

This is basically what I want them to do. As far as I know, NJPW is currently the only wrestling promotion putting cards in the Tokyo Dome, so you could reasonably have a joshi promotion in the ROH/RPW spot. Maybe not this WK, considering how bloated it is, but not every card is gonna be WK13.

Carlioo
Dec 26, 2012

NienNunb posted:

I can't get into Jay White at all for two incredibly petty reasons:

2. Had a bad Dome Show match with Tana

I hate this argument because it's obvious he hadn't completely found his character yet by WK12, further proven by his follow-up matches with Tana, which have both been good. I remember disliking Jay at first because he looked so awkward and unsure of himself. Now I just dislike him because gently caress YOU SWITCHBLADE :argh:

But seriously, he's made great progression in a year and if he had a dome match with Tana now it would be so much better. If they main event WK14 it might be lightyears better! But obviously his first match back with an unsure gimmick is gonna be bad.

Carlioo
Dec 26, 2012

Gaz-L posted:

Suzuki. Yes, again.

You fool, do you want him to get even angrier? :gonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlioo
Dec 26, 2012

:allears: I liked that gimmick from the start and the beard just makes it better.