Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

quote:

Bang Dream! Girls Band Party Presents
WRESTLE KINGDOM 13
January 4th at 2:00 AM EDT/7:00 GMT (preshow at 1:00/6:00)
TOKYO DOME

Preshow:Gauntlet Match to determine no.1 contenders for NEVER 6 Man Title - teams tba
NEVER Openweight Championship:Kota Ibushi(c) vs. Will Ospreay
IWGP Jr. Tag Championship 3Way:Suzuki-gun( Kanemaru and El Desperado) (c) vs. L.I.J (Shingo and BUSHI) vs. Roppongi 3K
British Heavyweight Championship:Tomohiro Ishii(c) vs. Zack Sabre Jr.
IWGP Tag Championship 3Way:GoD(c) vs. L.I.J (EVIL and SANADA) vs. Young Bucks
IWGP US Championship:Cody(c) vs. Juice Robinson
IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Championship:KUSHIDA(c) vs. Taiji Ishimori
Special Single Match:Kazuchika Okada vs. Jay White
IWGP Intercontinental Championship:Chris Jericho(c) vs. Tetsuya Naito
IWGP Heavyweight Championship:Kenny Omega(c) vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi

kara's(@QaraKoyunlu) power rankings as of 12/16:

Links:
NJPW's official English language website

NJPW World Watch all major shows live or on demand for only about $9 a month

NJPW's official Youtube accounts (English) (Japanese)

NJPW's official twitter accounts (Global) (Japanese) (NJPW World)

Senor LARIATO's spreadsheet of must watch matches in the NJPW World Archives

Chris Charlton's twitter providing translations of Japanese language promos and interviews

PUROLOVE has results, schedules, and official gate figures for all puro feds large and small

Voices of Wrestling covers New Japan well and their forums are actually decent unlike most wrestling message boards I've seen besides this one. They have an
ebook available covering NJPW in 2017 which is available with a pay-what-you-want donation.

harperdc's guide to seeing wrestling in Japan posted in last year's thread

Forum thread for all puro outside of NJPW

Thauros fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Dec 17, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

reserved for any additional poo poo i may want to add later

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

It's way to early to give up on Jay or to call for an immediate gimmick change but Tana going over was still the right call as he's just not at that level rn.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Hey, if anybody does this, can I get a guide to hooking up NJPWWorld to Chromecast on my TV? Thinking of making the switch from Roku

If you primarily use a full cumputer web browser for World like i do:

Super easy, just use the Chrome browser to watch whatever video you want and hit the chromecast icon that will appear as part of the video control UI when your cursor highlights the video.

for mobile:

you have to download the NJPW World app first. The slightly confusing part is that you don't browse World through the app. Browse the site through your mobile browser of choice and the app is used to to help cast from it.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

i still think the main event booking was dumb and this would've been perfect if jericho had attacked okada at NYD instead, but NYD was handled about as well as reasonably possible if you accept the Dome booking as a given.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

https://twitter.com/voiceswrestling/status/949517027231895552

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

https://twitter.com/voiceswrestling/status/949517910351007744

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

rovert seems more skeptical:

https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/949518834486169605
https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/949519273935998976

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

he's talking now. I missed the first part as the live feed wasn't working for whatever reason before I reloaded it

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

he's officially challenging Kenny for the US. Wouldn't shock me if the CHAOS affiliation doesn't last long

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

KungFu Grip posted:

Jay White said he's gonna turn on Okada and Chaos whenever he gets a chance and take the IWGP title. Okada is dumb as gently caress.

Kenny Omega on New Year's Dash basically said "Our stable is plagued by infighting, let's add the rear end in a top hat loner to establish unity!" Jay White must exude some sort of aura that turns the stable leaders into complete morons.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

they're released in the newsletter which is released late wednesday/early thursday us time. due to WK12 falling on a thursday this year they won't be out until next week (I can tell you from his comments that nothing's getting 5+ stars tho)

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Full Fantasticamania cards:

NJPW PRESENTS: CMLL FANTASTICAMANIA 2018
January 19th at 4:30 EST/9:30 GMT
Korakuen Hall

Fuego vs. Okumura
Kojima, Dragon Lee, Star Jr, and Kawato vs. Los Ingobernables (Naito, Rush, Hiromu, and BUSHI)
Atlantis, Volador Jr, Mistico, and Drone vs. Ultimo Guerrero, Cavernario, Puma, and Disturbio
CMLL World Middleweight Championship:Angel de Oro(c) vs. Cuatrero
Mexican National Welterweight Championship:Soberano Jr.(c) vs. Sanson
CMLL World Lt. Heavyweight Championship:Niebla Roja(c) vs. Gran Guerrero

January 21st at 4:30 EST/9:30 GMT
Korakuen Hall

Drone and Star Jr. vs. Puma and Disturbio
Soberano Jr, Ryusuke Taguchi, and Fuego vs. SHO, YOH, and Okumura
Atlantis, Kojima, KUSHIDA, and Kawato vs. Los Ingobernables (Naito, Rush, Hiromu, and BUSHI)
CMLL Hermanos Tournament Rd 1:Niebla Roja and Angel de Oro vs. Ultimo Guerrero and Gran Guerrero
CMLL Hermanos Tournament Rd 1:Mistico and Dragon Lee vs. Sanson and Cuatrero
NWA World Historic Welterweight Championship:Volador Jr.(c) vs. Barbaro Cavernario

January 22nd at 4:30 EST/9:30 GMT
Korakuen Hall

Ryusuke Taguchi and Fuego vs. Puma and Disturbio
KUSHIDA, Liger, TMIV, and Star Jr. vs. SHO, YOH, Rocky, and Okumura
CMLL Hermanos Tournament 3rd Place Match ?????? vs. ???????
Hirai Kawato Farewell Match:Atlantis and Hirai Kawato vs. Barbaro Cavernario and Gedo
Volador Jr, Soberano Jr, and Drone vs. L.I.J (Naito, Hiromu, and BUSHI)
Satoshi Kojima vs. Rush
CMLL Hermanos tournament Final ?????? vs. ???????

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

With basically all the top guys except Naito off those cards I realize they may look less compelling than prior years but give them a chance. Many of those CMLL guys are outstanding and if you don't watch CMLL it's a good way to discover them without the elements of CMLL (weird tag rules and bad referees) many find confusing or off putting.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Kitamura is going to beat Mike Elgin. I feel it in my bones.

Also, what's the deal with Henare? Did he get the David Finlay graduation where you don't go on excursion and are completely ignored? It's a bit of a bummer because I had high hopes for him.

I think it's safe to say with his mild renaming and gear he isn't going on excursion. Hopefully he avoids Finlay syndrome as he definitely has a higher ceiling than that.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

becuase it's not really important and they wanted a feel good moment where they paid tribute to takayama. Suzuki's one of the only guys they have who's a true heel and was set to important match so they couldn't use him.

Thauros fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Jan 9, 2018

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

27th-28th of this month is gonna be grueling as dave's been moaning about. 27th is the first Sapporo show and NXT Takeover, and the second half of the doubleshot and the Rumble is on the 28th. I've mostly stopped watching wwe but even i'll make exceptions for the top ppvs and takeovers.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Yeah, All In is the show where the Bucks/Cody/presumably Omega are going to try to draw 10,000. Date has been announced (sept 1st) but venue/location is unkown

https://twitter.com/jaudiowrestling/status/950982363504295936

oatgan posted:

it belongs in the indie thread IMO

discussing it here doesn't bother me but that would be more accurate and it should get its own thread soon.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Full ratings (f4w is having connection issues again so I can't read the actual reviews)

https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/951390167826403329

Jericho/Omega at 5 is mildly overrated imo but justifiable, I'd have gone 4.5 on it. He's insane on the four way but that was a very Dave type of match.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

BushiRoad corporate synergy just reached a new height:

https://twitter.com/epitasis/status/952023357486239744
https://twitter.com/toshanshuinLA/status/952026172761739264

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

The expats can and have gone into more detail esp on his economic policy, but he's a right-wing militarist who has shown little regard for civil liberties and has walked back previous governments' stances on WWII era war crimes.

https://www.jacobinmag.com/2017/03/abe-nippon-kaigi-japan-far-right - this gives more info on the school others have mentioned as well as other stuff like his Ministry of Education ordering textbook publishers to omit mentions of certain WWII-era war crimes.

Inoki -upper house of Diet (analogous to US Senate)

Hase - elected to the upper house n the 90's and he's been in the lower house (so their House equivalent) since 2000. Had a short stint in Abe's cabinet as
Minister of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology

Onita - elected to the upper house, eventually forced to resign due to a sex scandal

Great Sasuke - elected to Iwate's Prefectural Assembly (so basically like a state rep/senator. I think the prefectural assemblies are unicameral?) Ran for governor of the same prefecture in 2007 but lost. And yes, he wore his mask on the job.

There was a fairly notable joshi wrestler who was in the National Diet as well, but I can never remember what her name is.

Thauros fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Jan 14, 2018

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Okada's recruitment of the knife pervert looks even dumber now..Never knew he was that much of a weeb tho.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Goldberg teaming up with and/or wrestling Kitamura would be incredible but I don't see much of a role for him while Kitamura's on excursion

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

https://twitter.com/mortenvh/status/954112242982801409

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Tomorrow's card

Korakuen Hall

Atlantis, Kojima, KUSHIDA, and Kawato vs. Los Ingobernables (Naito, Rush, Hiromu, and BUSHI)
CMLL Hermanos Tournament Rd 1:Niebla Roja and Angel de Oro vs. Ultimo Guerrero and Gran Guerrero
NWA World Historic Welterweight Championship:Volador Jr.(c) vs. Barbaro Cavernario

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

This is on, third match just started if anyone's up and interested

Korakuen Hall

[/quote]

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

https://www.facebook.com/faledojonz/posts/1324099501029993

Fale Dojo posted:

We are pleased to announce the newest member of the Fale Dojo team

For those that have not heard of him before, we would like to introduce Teruaki Kanemitsu, a Young Lion from the New Japan Dojo.

While he is currently recuperating from a back injury he has kindly agreed to join the Fale Dojo Team and pass on the skills and knowledge he has learned from his own training.

Great news after a really terrible back injury.

Also, the final Fantasticamania card is tomorrow morning at the normal Korauen time (4:30 EDT)

January 22nd at 4:30 EST/9:30 GMT
Korakuen Hall

Ryusuke Taguchi and Fuego vs. Puma and Disturbio
KUSHIDA, Liger, TMIV, and Star Jr. vs. SHO, YOH, Rocky, and Okumura
CMLL Hermanos Tournament 3rd Place Match Niebla Roja and Angel de Oro vs. Sanson and Cuatrero
Hirai Kawato Farewell Match:Atlantis and Hirai Kawato vs. Barbaro Cavernario and Gedo
Volador Jr, Soberano Jr, and Drone vs. L.I.J (Naito, Hiromu, and BUSHI)
Satoshi Kojima vs. Rush
CMLL Hermanos tournament Final Dragon Lee and Mistico vs. Ultimo Guerrero and Gran Guerrero

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

New Beginning tour info:

New Beginning In Sapporo Day 1
January 27th at 4 AM EST/9 AM GMT
Hokkaido Prefectural Sports Center

Kitamura Trial Series - Match 2 of 7Katsuya Kitamura vs. Michael Elgin
TenCozy, KUSHIDA, Liger, and TMIV vs. Suzuki-gun (Iizuka, Taichi, Despy, Kanemaru, and TAKA)
CHAOS (Tomohiro Ishii and Toru Yano) vs. Bullet Club (Yujiro Takahashi and Chase Owens)
NEVER Openweight Trios Championship:Bullet Club (c) (Fale and GoD) vs. Taguchi Japan (Taguchi, Makabe, and Henare)
Kota Ibushi, Juice Robinson, and David Finlay vs. Bullet Club (Cody, Marty Scurll, and Hangman Page)
CHAOS (Will Ospreay and YOSHI-HASHI) vs. L.I.J (Tetsuya Naito and Hiromu)
CHAOS (Okada, Goto, and Gedo) vs. L.I.J (EVIL, SANADA, and BUSHI)
CHAOS (Jay White, SHO, and YOH) vs. Bullet Club (Omega and Bucks)
IWGP IC Championship:Hiroshi Tanahashi(c) vs. Minoru Suzuki

New Beginning In Sapporo Day 2
January 27th at 1 AM EST/ 6 AM GMT

Kitamura Trial Series - Match 3 of 7 Katsuya Kitamura vs. Juice Robinson
Liger, TMIV, Taguchi, and Umino vs. Suzuki-gun juniors
CHAOS (Tomohiro Ishii and Toru Yano) vs. Bullet Club (Yujiro Takahashi and HIKULEO)
Makabe, TenCozy, and Henare vs. Bullet Club (Fale, GoD, and Owens)
Kota Ibushi, KUSHIDA, and David Finlay vs. Bullet Ckub (Cody, Scurll, and Page)
CHAOS(Okada, Goto, Y-H, Ospreay, and Gedo) vs. L.I.J
IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team ChampionshipYoung Bucks(c) vs. Roppongi 3K
IWGP US Championship:Kenny Omega(c) vs. Jay White

Road to the New Beginning
February 5th at 4:30 EDT/9:30 GMT
Korakuen Hall

Taguchi, Liger, and TMIV vs. Umino, Yagi, and Narita
Satoshi Kojima and Michael Elgin vs. Bullet Club (Yujiro and HIKULEO)
Kitamura Trial Series - Match 4 of 7Katsuya Kitamura vs. Hiroyoshi Tenzan
Roppongi 3K vs. Suzuki-gun (Taichi, Desperado, and TAKA)
Juice Robinson and Toa Henare vs. CHAOS (Tomohiro Ishii and Toru Yano
Tanahashi, Makabe, and KUSHIDA vs. Suzuki-gun (MiSu, Iizuka, and Kanemaru)
David Finlay vs. Jay White
Elimination Match:CHAOS (Okada, Goto, Y-H, Ospreay, and Gedo) vs. L.I.J

Road to the New Beginning
February 6th at 4:30 EDT/9:30 GMT
Korakuen Hall

KUSHIDA, Liger, and TMIV vs. Umino, Yagi, and Narita
Hiroyoshi Tenzan and Michael Elgin vs. Bullet Club (Yujiro and HIKULEO)
Kitamura Trial Series - Match 5 of 7Katsuya Kitamura vs. Satoshi Kojima
Roppongi 3K vs. Suzuki-gun (Kanemaru, Desperado, and TAKA)
Juice Robinson, Henare, and Finlay vs. CHAOS (Jay White, Ishii, and YTR)
Tanahashi, Makabe, and Taguchi vs. Suzuki-gun (MiSu, Iizuka, and Taichi)
CHAOS (Ospreay, YOSHI, and Gedo) vs. L.I.J (Naito, Hiromu, and BUSHI
IWGP Tag Team Championship:L.I.J(c)(EVIL and SANADA) vs. CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada and Hirooki Goto)

The New Beginning in Osaka
February 10th at 3:00 EST/8:00 BST
Edion Arena

Kitamura Trial Series - Match 6 of 7Katsuya Kitamura vs. Yuji Nagata
Roppongi 3K vs. Suzuki-gun (El Desperado and Yoshinobu Kanemaru)
Michael Elgin, Juice Robinson, and David Finlay vs. CHAOS (Jay White, Tomohiro Ishii, and Toru Yano)
Tanahashi, Makabe, KUSHIDA, and Taguchi vs. Suzuki-gun (MiSu, Iizuka, Taichi, and TAKA)
Gedo vs. BUSHI
YOSHI-HASHI vs. Tetsuya Naito
IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Championship:Will Ospreay(c) vs. Hiromu Takahashi
NEVER Opernweight Championship:Hirooki Goto(c) vs. EVIL
IWGP Heavyweight ChampionshipKazuchika Okada(c) vs. SANADA

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

I'm guessing Nagata will take Kojima's spot for most of the New Beginning matches as rn he's only scheduled for Osaka vs. Kitamura. Wonder what they'll do for Kitamura's match on the second Korakuen?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

I was wondering if Kitamura was slated to to go 0-6 before beating Nakanishi to end the series with his first win against a veteran.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Kawato makes his CMLL debut next tuesday

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

https://twitter.com/jaudiowrestling/status/956680986225393665

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Cards have been updated following Kojima's injuiry. Nakanishi has filled in his spot on all streamed cards including the singles match with Kitamura on the second Korakuen.

First show of the tour is tomorrow. Aside from the main event which has always been amazing in the past we'll also get to see Jay White wrestle for the first time as a member of CHAOS.

New Beginning In Sapporo Day 1
January 27th at 4 AM EST/9 AM GMT

Kitamura Trial Series - Match 2 of 7 Katsuya Kitamura vs. Michael Elgin
Nakanishi, KUSHIDA, Liger, and TMIV vs. Suzuki-gun (Iizuka, Taichi, Despy, Kanemaru, and TAKA)
CHAOS (Tomohiro Ishii and Toru Yano) vs. Bullet Club (Yujiro Takahashi and Chase Owens)
NEVER Openweight Trios Championship:Bullet Club (c) (Fale and GoD) vs. Taguchi Japan (Taguchi, Makabe, and Henare)
Kota Ibushi, Juice Robinson, and David Finlay vs. Bullet Club (Cody, Marty Scurll, and Hangman Page)
CHAOS (Will Ospreay and YOSHI-HASHI) vs. L.I.J (Tetsuya Naito and Hiromu)
CHAOS (Okada, Goto, and Gedo) vs. L.I.J (EVIL, SANADA, and BUSHI)
CHAOS (Jay White, SHO, and YOH) vs. Bullet Club (Omega and Bucks)
IWGP IC Championship:Hiroshi Tanahashi(c) vs. Minoru Suzuki

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

looks like they didn't sell the upper deck at all, which I think was also the case last year. It'll be interesting to compare the attendance for the split shows with weaker cards thsi year compared to last year's pretty stacked sapporo show.

NJPW "THE NEW BEGINNING IN SAPPORO ~RESURRECTION! SAPPORO SNOW BATTLE~", 05.02.2017 (WPW/TV Asahi Ch. 2/NJPW World)
5,545 Fans - Super No Vacancy

1. Yoshinobu Kanemaru & El Desperado besiegen KUSHIDA & Hirai Kawato (7:34) nach dem Guitarra de Angel von Desperado gegen Kawato.
2. Yuji Nagata, Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima besiegen Yoshitatsu, Henare & Tomoyuki Oka (7:48) nach dem Nagata Lock von Nagata gegen Oka.
3. Will Ospreay, Jado & Gedo besiegen Katsuyori Shibata, Jushin Thunder Liger & Tiger Mask (6:47) nach dem Os Cutter von Ospreay gegen Tiger.
4. YOSHI-HASHI besiegt Takashi Iizuka (7:00) mit dem Karma.
5. Hiroshi Tanahashi, Michael Elgin, Manabu Nakanishi, Ryusuke Taguchi & Dragon Lee CMLL (Mexiko) besiegen Tetsuya Naito, SANADA, "King of Darkness" EVIL, Hiromu Takahashi & BUSHI (13:03) nach dem Desnucadora von Lee gegen BUSHI.
6. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Title: Rocky Romero & Beretta (c) besiegen TAKA Michinoku KAIENTAI DOJO & Taichi (13:37) als Beretta TAKA nach dem Strong Zero pinnte (1st defense).
7. NEVER Openweight Title: Hirooki Goto (c) besiegt Juice Robinson (14:41) mit dem GTR (1st defense).
8. IWGP Tag Team Title, 3 Way Match: Toru Yano & Tomohiro Ishii (c) besiegen Togi Makabe & Tomoaki Honma and Lance Archer & Davey Boy Smith Jr. (13:35) nach einem Horizontal Cradle von Yano gegen Makabe (1st defense).
9. IWGP Heavyweight Title: Kazuchika Okada (c) besiegt Minoru Suzuki (40:46) mit dem Rainmaker (3rd defense).

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

good reception in a secondary market, but it's still depressing to see him come out without the title.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

i basically nodded off at the start of that match as I woke up at four am to watch this show, have to go back and catch that

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

STONE COLD 64 posted:

man im diggin switchblade

yeah liked his attitude better here, hope it bodes well for tomorrow

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

STONE COLD 64 posted:

i know he stopped doing it because it got a pop but man i miss suzuki murdering young lions during his entrance.

i seriously blame meltzer for this. dave said in one review that "for the first time, Suzuki kicking the young lion felt old", and he never did it again after that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

great match, better than the similar suzuki/okada title match from last year's sapporo show.

STONE COLD 64 posted:

i want tanahashi to get his revenge at King Of Pro Wrestling but i fear it will just be at Sakura Genesis

yeah i want tana to come back and beat him but it should be a while.