Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

that ending is amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

After watching this press conference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFyVBQavd7Q Tama seems like he might not side with either Kenny or Cody and take over Bullet Club himself

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Bigass Moth posted:

The Bullet Club islanders have their own show now and it's pretty good. Looks like Tama runs/edits it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GS98Pj337s

Stuff like this makes me wonder if there will be 3 factions in the future: The OG BC with the Tongans/Fale/Yujiro, The Elite with Kenny/Ibushi/Bucks (??), and Cody/Page/Scurll as.. Villain Club? RoH club?. Kenny & Cody obviously are going at each other but Tama seems fed up with both of them.

I'm also surprised that Scurll is teaming with Cody if for no other reason than on BTE he still seems torn between the two.

edit:
https://twitter.com/MartyScurll/status/963301783958360065
:0

Tweak fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Feb 13, 2018

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

this is absolutely the most invested I've been in a wrestling angle in a long time

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxM3Rd7Sc1o

:ohdear:

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Benne posted:

Showbuckle has a new video up on the Golden Lovers history https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vx_pZWrHCng

this is so good holy poo poo, the greatest love story ever told is a pro wrestling yaoi scored by a mega man theme remix

Tweak fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Mar 1, 2018

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

It is worth it if you want to watch the shows live or as close to it as you can (like the next morning). Typically stuff shows up on AXS a few weeks later and with different announcers (aforementioned JR). I'm not sure if they edit other stuff, like cussin'.

That said, the next major event is Strong Style Evolved, and if you're in the US you can only* watch that live if you have AXS.

* - this is the internet and all

Tweak fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Mar 2, 2018

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Main Force?

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

wait all day for the drat upload and when I saw it was segmented I decided to watch the Bullet Club match first. 2 minutes in, "Fans here still reeling about Chris Jericho"

dumb segmented main event was hosed towards the end so I kept having to skip around and I just closed it after the finish instead of hearing the Kenny call out :argh:

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

more like the first person to issue a challenge to the new champ :gizz:

but oh god the AJ parallels :ohdear:

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Absolutely have to watch Omega v Okada 4 live, especially since I don't trust NPJW to upload the whole event before I wake up. I think it was Dontaku which took them FOREVER to upload in segments and I was too afraid to look at anything on the internet as a result.

AND I HAVE TO LOOK AT THE INTERNET CONSTANTLY

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

edit: nm, you fixed your link after I momentarily got worried

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

I hope one of them is, "AND NEW"

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Kenny is IWGP Champ, Bucks are Tag Champs....

The G1 is next month Ibushi :)

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Would be great if Kenny lost to Okada in the G1 block finals, then when going into the G1 finals he is already looking ahead to his rematch at Wrestle Kingdom but whoops here comes Ibushi and destiny.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

I hope it pushes some people who wouldn't have normally gone out of their way to watch NJPW to do so after seeing what not-WWE wrestling can be.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

THESE WEEBS

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

at least they didnt call the gunstun an RKO

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

too few r mika references IMO

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

naito rules

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

JR seemed annoyed at times that he was there, like he doesn't enjoy this product

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Has anyone lost their contract opportunity following a G1 win? I'm suddenly interested in Ibushi/Omega going to a draw to allow someone else to win the block & G1, but the main event at WK still being the two of them for the title to finish what they started (and to cut down on the awkward/tension filled months of the lovers holding the contract & the title).

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Is YOSHI-HASHI even going to get a win this G1? Maybe a flash pin against Page or Makabe but even that seems doubtful.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

4 & 1/4? Below average at best

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

when do preorders start?

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

would a triple threat main event at WK be too, "out there" for NJPW? I keep imagining Tana/Ibushi/Omega headlining because I'm not sure what the loser of a hinted Omega/Ibushi match before then does besides be a second to the winner.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

wanna hang this in my house

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

not the triple threat I was thinking but that is still cool that there is one for the IWGP title

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

so triple threat?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

if anything the months since Omega/Okada 4 are, "down" just because they're relative to the insanely high 2 years prior