Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

New Japan had an incredible 2017 and 2018 is already off to a fantastic start. I love you, Gedo, you bizarre man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Byolante posted:

Congrats on pissing off the fans, killing a hot storyline and devaluing the belt all in one fell swoop.

I wanted Naito to win too, and I'm sure a significant number of the fans did, but let's not pretend that the crowd didn't pop big for Okada's win. Both guys remain super over and if anything Naito is already doing better than Okada did after his loss to Tanahashi at WK9 saw him go on a losing streak and struggle to beat the likes of Bad Luck Fale.

Which in turn reminds me, that show where Okada finally regained his confidence and just DESTROYED Fale was incredibly cathartic. Naito being Tranquilo while Jericho was losing his poo poo last night was also great.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

KungFu Grip posted:

Jay White said he's gonna turn on Okada and Chaos whenever he gets a chance and take the IWGP title. Okada is dumb as gently caress.

Maybe Okada's thinking is,"Well maybe he'll betray me but I've literally ascended to Godhood so what the gently caress can he do?"

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

MassRafTer posted:

Then look at Nagata who was just one guy and helped business a little.

That's because Nagata loving rules forever, to be fair.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

harperdc posted:

guys. please.

re-sign

resign

are two different words with complete opposite meanings. use them accordingly.

Seriously, just about had a heart attack thinking they were losing Kenny. :sweatdrop:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

harperdc posted:

This insinuates he hasn’t already done all the steroids

In Japan. There are more steroids to be found in Mexico, and they are very pow-

C. Everett Koop posted:

yes but Mexico has new and exotic steroids that he hasn't taken yet. He might come back as like a centaur or some poo poo, he's the evolving monster after all.

:hfive:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

dromal phrenia posted:

I like Swole Vampire Kitamura too, but every time I see him I think "Vince is going to throw trucks of money to sign this guy" and that will only become more likely if he gets a big push.

Quick, everybody send Vince letters and tweets and texts on a variety of subjects, but all of which state somewhere in the body that Kitamura is only 5'6" - if he finds out he's 6 foot then we're dead.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

God I actually wish that was true now

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

shiksa posted:

cornette-gun

This is the best thing I ever heard.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

SalTheBard posted:

What is All In?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh right, this is the Young Bucks show?

They (and Kenny?) were really vocal about thinking New Japan should have pushed for a bigger venue in America, right?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Definitely should be mostly discussed in the Indy thread, now that people have been made aware of it in here :)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Jericho/Omega definitely deserved that 5 Stars. Also it goes to show how amazing Okada has been this last year that I'm disappointed his match "only" got 4.5

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

DangerDummy! posted:

I subbed to NJPW on the hype of Wrestle Kingdom, loved it, and I've been watching the 2017 G1 tournament since then. It has been amazing.

The issue I've had since then is that for the last 3 nights running I've had nightmares about Minoru Suzuki stalking, harassing, terrorizing, and/or beating me into oblivion. It's really hosed up, and I haven't had a good night's sleep in a few days. I wish I was kidding.

The good news is you've been personally chosen by Suzuki.

The bad news is you've been personally chosen by Suzuki.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Benne posted:

Okada/Oka at WK13 confirmed

A blood-feud deathmatch at Oka's demand.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Baron Corbyn posted:

Also I just rode the roller coaster when I was bored waiting for WK

The one that goes THROUGH the hotel? That looked absolutely terrifying (I wish I had ridden it)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The Cameo posted:

"Cold" in Tokyo is ridiculously temperate if you're from anyplace where snow's on the ground for several months of the year. I'm pretty sure all of those attractions are open, just to differing times depending on like if it's a holiday or whatnot.

Yeah, I'd have to wear a coat when I went outside but if the sun was out I'd get pretty warm, and I have basically zero tolerance for cold.

I understand their summers are pretty unbearably hot though?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Baron Corbyn posted:

you can get to both Disney parks easily by public transport in Tokyo and Fuji-Q Highland if you're extra dedicated for a day trip.

Yeah I took the chance to go to Disney and ride Space Mountain (not loving Ric Flair, that was an unrelated side activity) and it was easy as hell to get there. The train system in Japan is crazy good.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

What that rundown fails to mention is that after Okada and Yoko Mori broke up, as Mori was walking away in the rain Gedo came out and started cutting a promo on her about not being good enough for the Rainmaker.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Jesus Christ :gonk:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

checksin posted:

yano is their uncle who buys them beer

Remake Uncle Buck with Yano as John Candy, RPG3K as the two little kids, and Kota Ibushi as the pretty girl whose boyfriend tries to pressure into teenage sex.

Basically I wanna see Yano with a chainsaw

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Baron Corbyn posted:

Meltzer says NJPW are in talks with Goldberg

Well that makes a lot of sense when you consider... wait, what? WHAT!?!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Fantasticamania currently on New Japan World

Edit: Fuego vs. Okumura is already amazing

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 10:43 on Jan 19, 2018

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

extradite THIS! posted:

If people are watching Fantasticamania, can y'all post which matches are worth watching? It's noon here and I'm at work :(

Nothing stood out as must-watch but everything was pretty good and entertaining.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Thauros posted:

NWA World Historic Welterweight Championship:Volador Jr.(c) vs. Barbaro Cavernario

Oh good, time for my annual reminder that Cavenario is not only somehow still alive but also somehow not in a wheelchair.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Yeah the Kitamura trial series is a cool concept, and him vs Nagata is gonna rule.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

If you want to bet on professional wrestling* then please go ahead!

* Don't bet on professional wrestling.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I am here to watch the SWOLE VAMPIRE continue his mighty quest :hfive:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

You are not a Swole Vampire, Michael Elgin, you're not a swole vampire at all :mad:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Thauros posted:

9. IWGP Heavyweight Title: Kazuchika Okada (c) besiegt Minoru Suzuki (40:46) mit dem Rainmaker (3rd defense).

The match itself wasn't as good as others Okada had that year, but man the hype going into that match from his attack at New Year's Dash was the loving best.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

ElNarez posted:

oh no Taichi's drunk dads have ruined his recital :(

The girl recoiling in fear at the interruption was great.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Yano must be unable to believe his luck that the guy backing up all his (wonderful) bullshit now is Ishii.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Frankston posted:

Did I miss the kitamura fight?

Yep, it opened the show.

Elgin beat Kitamura

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Chase Owens is... not very good.

He's not bad either, he's just... not very good.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

"Go ahead, get in a fight with 3 Tongans :rolleyes:" absolutely cracked me up.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh man, Kota Ibushi, Juice Robinson, David Finlay, Marty Scurll and Cody!

Oh yes, and Hangman Page is also there.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Of course I have to leave now and get some sleep when I get home. Oh well everything has been super fun so far and I look forward to finishing it when I get up later.

Enjoy your sleep, for when you wake you get the rest of this show AND the new TakeOver! :woop:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

extradite THIS! posted:

HANDSOME BATTLE

Edit: oh you jerks

HANDSOME BATTLE!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I expected Hangman Page to be involved in the pin, but not like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

extradite THIS! posted:

Ospreay is loving unreal.

True, but Naito beat him anyway :smug: