Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

OGB posted:

From the prior thread

quote:

Sanguinia posted:
So, is it going to be Okada vs Sanada on Night 1 and Naito v Jericho on Night 2, maybe do an angle where Okada feels like he's being slighted by having the Champ relegated to Night 1 and a "lesser," opponent and it almost costs him, while Naito gets the special attraction match and Jericho plays up how beating Naito matters more because he's the most popular, play up that Naito's fan support has meaning even without the belt on him?
This would make a lot of sense, and play into that weird mixture of reality and kayfabe that Gedo seems to like using in NJPW.

I'd be all for it.
Fozzy has a tour date for January 28 in France so Naito vs Jercho would be on night 1. Fozzy also has shows on February 9 in Switzerland and February 11 in Spain; don't know if Jericho would try to be at New Beginning in Osaka on Feb 10 between those.

To keep going with Fozzy's schedule vs New Japan shows: Fozzy has no shows between Feb 13 to 28; New Japan has New Japan Road on Feb 14 and Honor Rising on Feb 23 & 24. Fozzy's next gap is March 17-26. There's room for the last two New Japan Cup shows on March 18 & 21 as well as Long Beach on March 25.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

super macho dude posted:

Also, potential Nick vs Matt feud!?
Probably just an episode of BTE where Nick and Matt talk about the situation then show up in Kenny's corner vs Cody

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Jerusalem posted:

Listening to the last Observer Radio, I didn't even pick up on the fact he was using Lucha submission moves early in the match because ZSJ wasn't entirely familiar with them and it gave him a slight edge. Okada really is absolutely fantastic.
On English commentary, Rocky brought up Okada's training in Mexico with Negro Navarro a few times. It felt like "Guys he does know submission stuff really he does!" to start but then it paid off

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House
Liger, Ibushi, and GoD also confirmed

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House
Okada v Omega could be the whole show and I'd pay for it

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

SatoshiMiwa posted:

They have the Okada post match subbed too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0am7-lXaus

The story of Okada chasing his one draw and getting sucked into a match that may favor Kenny is such a good story. So hyped for this match
When Okada was naming the guys he beat, the translator that night made it seem like Okada didn't want to fight Kenny again after the draw ("Kenny... don't want to do that again" is what the translator went with rather than just "Kenny... draw" like the video) which made it seem a bit odd when Okada calls Kenny out right after.

Do they schedule less matches than usual for Dominion, knowing that the title match is going over an hour? Or do they not really care about how long the show might go?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House
Tickets for the September 30 show in Long Beach went on sale today and no mention of it in here or the G1 thread. I didn't even know tickets went on sale until I saw a friend tweet about it a few minutes ago.

http://www.longbeachstate.com/njpw