Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

How up to date is the stuff on the AXS show? We're trying DirecTV Now for three months and if it follows close enough along with the big events it might be my gateway back to NJPW World.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

VJeff posted:

Think I'm gonna stick to watching these guys in New Japan from now on. Yikes.

Ahhh what was so bad??

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

ZSJ looks like if you stretched out Dewey from Malcom In The Middle. I also don't really enjoy him but I know he CAN have good matches. I'm in the same camp as some of his stuff just being so loving boring and a lot of his offense not looking impressive. I remember a match of his in the CWC being like this; I was real jazzed to see him because I don't think I'd seen a full match at that point and it was just meh.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

So, who can tell me about Kitamura? I fell off of NJPW World after probably the first full year it was around, and it seems like this guy is super new? How did he fall apart so quickly?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

So is it actually supposed to say "never flatter" or is that a big ole typo for "never falter" and nobody noticed?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Getting caught up on a backlog of AXS shows and Okada/Sanada was a killer. Was Sanada always this good? I don't remember him ever doing much for me before, but he looked great here.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I love the Japanese commentary. Do I know what they're saying? No. But does their excitement in what they're saying get me excited? For sure. The English commentary is great for backstory and stuff like that, though.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Bone Soldier is good as hell

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Bit the bullet and ordered a Fire Stick so I can resub to NJPW World and easily watch it on my TV again. Stoked to keep up with BOSJ in real time this year.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Watched everything from the first two days except Taguchi/Desperado because I could never find a reason to care about either of them when I was subscribed to NJPW World a couple years back. Have they grown interesting or good in my absence?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I have been so wrong for so long

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Baron Corbyn posted:

https://twitter.com/sc_prowrestling/status/998434838607613952?s=19

Special edition comes with LIJ knockoff shirt, some sort of minifigs. Also some of the initial roster confirmed. I heard 30 something and there's 20 something there

I wonder if they'll be doing this same thing for an American release. I could use some lil NJPW M.U.S.C.L.E. dudes to stand on a shelf in my office collecting dust.

Ganso Bomb fucked around with this message at 17:14 on May 21, 2018

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Will Ospreay is quite good

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I'm so glad I subscribed again and decided to go the Fire TV route to easily watch this on my TV. The app isn't perfect but it's far preferable to chromecasting from my phone.

Also, Desperado is loving great...? I can never remember enjoying him before, but that match with Hiromu was off the charts. I love these super juniors.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

There were more matches today, right? How long does it usually take for them to go up when they're house shows?

Also, why does Taiji walk to the ring like he's got a broken foot? Really freaked me out on the second night that he was injured.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Jerusalem posted:

There was another show? I thought it was later tonight? Goddammit!

I don't know what time it is exactly, just know the OP says it's on the 24th.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Dragon Lee/Hiromu was so god drat good. I know I've said it before in this thread but I'm so glad I subscribed again. I stopped watching Raw ages ago and just DVRd matches or segments I wanted to see, and up until recently I still watched Smackdown in full. It's all been such a drain and a chore lately, though, and NJPW is an easy reminder of why I love this stuff.

Think I might take the day off of work to stay up late and watch Dominion, too.

Edit: oh, it's on a Saturday! Thought it was on a Monday. Looks like I can keep hoarding those PTO days.

Ganso Bomb fucked around with this message at 18:06 on May 26, 2018

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I'm not totally sold on ACH yet but I'm pretty sure I love Yoh. I really love that the matches go up like this instead of in the form of an entire show. I think that's what always made following these big tournaments so hard for me - the need to try and watch EVERYTHING on every show. I'm mostly past that now, though. I don't need to see every throwaway six man tag team match on every card. Maybe I'll go back and watch the G1 in full with that in mind.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Strawberry Panda posted:

A Block has Ishimori though. And Kanemaru and Tiger Mask rule.

Are there examples of good Kanemaru matches? He's bored me pretty badly in the tournament so far and I've only just picked up NJPW again. Maybe I've missed some great matches of his outside of BOSJ, but I'm very meh on him thus far.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I'm guessing the Bucks will be in there as Nick and Matt Deer or something. The fake names they give real dudes in the game are usually pretty fun and dumb, right?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

That all makes sense. I'm super loving stoked for the game and to immediately download 10,000 wrestlers (or whatever the limit is).

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Whoops, never mind. Had my dates wrong.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Took a 4 hour nap so I think I'm ready! Loving this History of the BOSJ video package.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Saw this during the preshow thingie and now I've gotta see it when it comes out.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=oXKwjw81ab8

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

"I wonder if Sabin plays PUBG. He looks like he'd play." :lol:

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

DESPY :ohdear:

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

gently caress yeah, Despy. Rip that bastard's mask off!

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

"Why are all these young boys shirtless?"

"They just put their shirts over Dragon Lee's face!"

"All of em??"

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Wasn't there a whole domestic abuse thing with Honma? What came of that?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Jerusalem posted:

The whole thing was really gross and sad, allegedly the media in Japan largely ignored it or most people didn't give a poo poo one way or the other. I used to be a big fan of Honma but the whole thing really soured me on him.

Yeah, same here. I didn't follow NJPW closely for the past year or two so I didn't keep up on all of it but it definitely ruined him for me.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I like Chase way more on commentary than I thought I would. He's definitely got his list of Heenan quips with him but even when he's not throwing one liners out there he's pretty enjoyable.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I can never fully enjoy watching Flip or respect him knowing he's a loving flat earther.

I was hoping Chase would bring that up the way he kept talking about how dumb Flip is.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

So what happens if two guys in the same block wind up tied? Tie breaker match tonight/tomorrow?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

BONE

loving

SOLDIER

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

So does this mean even though Ospreay and Taiji have the same number of points, Taiji wins the block because Ospreay is already the champion?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Jerusalem posted:

Ishimori beat Ospreay, which acts as the tiebreaker when points are matched like that.

OHHHHH that makes sense. God drat, makes that whole match even better.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Well I'm glad one of R3K came out on top today, plus I still don't know if I like Marty so it's doubly good!

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

hyper from Pixie Sticks posted:

Out of curiousity, why is Scurll's name in katakana(?) on the graphic but Sho was in English?

I think it's because it's stylized in all caps. They do the same for KUSHIDA, YOH, and others.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Holy gently caress that piledriver :stonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

That match hosed me up real good. Mask ripping always makes me anxious.