Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Locked thread
Dancer
May 23, 2011

Fly me away on the wings of an angel.

nerdbot posted:

The Speedrun reddit is just vile. I used to lurk it because I wanted to keep up with speedruns more than twice a year but it's just, all that. All exactly that. I didn't really get the vibe there's a lot of actual speedrunners there, it all felt like it was where stream monsters went to spew bullshit

These events aren't perfect by any stretch and the event organizers don't always make the right call, but at the same time I don't really know what those people want out of GDQ

God this Skyrim run owns bowns though. I love how the skips keep escalating in how inscrutable they are

The same thing they want out of GamerGate and all that jazz. Their community has become mainstream-ish, it turns out that the non-lovely people coming in want a non-lovely community, and because there are enough non-lovely people present now, they can actually impose their will to some extent. So those of "the old guard" who liked it are now angry that their childish antics and exclusionary behaviour are no longer the norm.

And yeah, Skyrim run is amazing. I will abstain from spoiling too much, but:
"YOU HIT THE WRONG DRAGON"

e: and the very next run is the amazing personal GOTY Hollow Knight. This GDQ is off to a great start.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread