Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Pants Donkey posted:

I'm curious to see how the lack of Super Metroid, namely the bid war, will affect the numbers.

Makes me seem doubtful we'll crack $2mil again this year.

I'm kind of thinking that save/kill the animals isn't really a big draw in and of itself, that it's just what people bid towards when they don't have any particular other thing they care about cause it's the big GDQ meme. I think for the most part, people who would otherwise donate to save/kill the animals will just find something else to bid towards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

axeil posted:

holy poo poo the entire subreddit is filled with garbage right now.

breitbart link it or something? jesus christ

It's always like this. Capital-G Gamers love to hate GDQs. They hate being told not to swear, they hate being told not to be racist/sexist, they hate that GDQ allows women and trans people to be on screen, etc.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Hellioning posted:

There is an actual reason that there's not a Super Metroid race besides 'it was getting old'?

Yeah, it's "nobody submitted a decent Super Metroid run."

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
E: wrong thread

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Move the Awful games block to prime time next year please.

God, Arabian Knights was the run of the marathon. How can anyone possibly top that?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
E: wrong thread again, God I'm sorry

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

mango sentinel posted:

Infamous First Light was a snooze but not offensive. What happened in Prime 3 and Secret of Evermore?

The runner of Secret of Evermore tried WAY too hard to be funny. He was extremely obnoxious.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

CJ posted:

Does that mean it doesn't overlap with evo?

Evo's August 3-5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

axeil posted:

You were great on the couch in RE7, and I don't even typically like horror games! I still haven't seen your run yet, it's on my to-watch list.

Speaking of which, does anyone know any kind of app or website or something where you can list runs/videos you want to watch? I have so many and it's hard to keep track of.

Once they're all up on Youtube, you can use the "watch later" button to do that.

• Locked thread