Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.
I'm playing Silent Hill on Wednesday. Please watch and lavish me with praise, my ego needs it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.
If I find L4D2 in the schedule again I am totally going to insistently offer my commentary services to those guys. They're all pro as heck at that game but they badly need a hype man. Badly.

Anyway! Enigma and RE3! I have the scoop! Not enough mics, Carci kinda took Enigmas right before the run started. Not forcefully but in a sort of "hey can you give me that, thanks" kind of way. He was actually looking around the hotel and asked me if I'd seen him since he didn't really realise what he'd actually done at the time and wanted to apologise or make amends or something and generally he's been kinda beating himself up over it.

little awkward for me at least because I can't resolve or put the two in contact since Enigma and me do not get on and IMO he is poo poo so I'm perfectly content for him to get screwed out of commentating a game he doesn't run.

Edit: also yes I would never ever couch for a game without a mic what the gently caress is the point

Edit 2: I also don't believe Carci would do something like that on purpose given he intentionally called himself out of my silent hill couch when there were too many mics to go around the viable candidates I legit just don't think he realised lol

SuccinctAndPunchy fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Jan 11, 2018

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

I really need to go back and watch Densha De D. Guy who did it always pulls out some stupid poo poo for his runs and is great to hang out at these events.

missed it because it was at rear end o clock

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

given how hard a lot of runners have to work to get their one shot at a GDQ performance I would be kind of salty if rando just kind of got a pity second chance after a decidedly unimpressive showing but that's me having a stake in the internal politics of it all.

had your shot, blew it

try super metroid rando or something lol it's not like there's a shortage for kinds of randomizer

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

And then managing to catch up to what was going in just in time for "they're actually really close to each other-- oh, andy went left and chris went right, okay andy wins" was kind of a :flaccid: ending, actual skill notwithstanding.

This happened at Harvey games done quick as well and I'm not sure how many times it rando has to be kind of a wet fart for the pattern to start being evident.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

Seeded runs of random games are fun to do and not so much fun as a spectator event.

I do that stuff with Monolith but I don't think I would waste everyone's time with a seeded run as a marathon submission. Wouldn't be fun for the audience.

Unseeded can be totally fine I honestly think the ish with ALttP rando is the length because it's goddamn long and for a race that long to wet fart as an ending is pretty blue balling. If the run is like 15 minutes then it's more decisive.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

Don't they usually end on fairly low energy RPG runs or am I broke in the head?

I mean Zelda isn't an rpg but you get my gist

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

I'm amazed and at least a little proud RE7 gets brought up as one of the marathon bests in a marathon that had Arabian Nights.

Like while we're all throwing recommendations. That's mine. Arabian Nights is very definitely my pick for Run Of The Show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

Rirse posted:

What about the Silent Hill run, I thought that was good.

recommending my own run is kind of tacky but I am quite proud of how that went

• Locked thread