Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Locked thread
Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

It started at my 12.30am so I only caught the first couple of runs but just wanted to reiterate that Ratchet & Clank run was amazing. Every level was like "We're going to casually break physics in 4 different ways."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

JesseHechtCREATIVE posted:

What's a good speedrun to show new people? People who don't know about speedrunning or gaming. Thanks, guys.

I still maintain that Halfcoordinated's Transformers run is great: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APVsIGyX7sM

Impressive skill, clear commentary, relatively short, and, if all else fails, really dumb puns and everyone cracking up and slash or groaning. I've gotten two people to watch the whole way through. Then they started quoting the dumbest puns and I regretted everything.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Besides the good runs, I also think a lot more of the commentary is on point. Quite a few runners were plain pleasant and earnest. A lot were informative and seem to have some structure to how they wanted to show information. Not a lot of jokes that get run into the ground.

• Locked thread