Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

KennyMan666 posted:

Shirts are here

Probably getting Dark Beast and Glitched Light Mythology myself.

The Goblez shirt looks nice, of course I love FFIV so that probably the main reason I wouldn't mind buying it. What is this Dark Beast shirt from through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
There isn't a Tetris like block this GDQ that takes up half the day due to setup? The actual Tetris playing was good but not sure if it was worth the multiple hours of setting up for it.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

mandatory lesbian posted:

making people pay money to chat tends to make them less likely to say the n-word so they don't waste the 10 bucks or whatever it is

So that where Bichkilla and Matt Damon went after they got banned from here.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Not that I would never win, but is it me or the prize minimum bid is way higher then past years?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

TheTofuShop posted:

overall or for a specific item? I heard a lot of complaining about the 8th gen console bundle, but hey, 150 for all three's still a steal :shrug:

Individual items. I noticed stuff like the figurine for Krool is 30 dollars, which that probably was a ten dollar item in past years.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
So how do they do the wallzip in Strider?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Steve Holt! posted:

Which game is the end of the awful block?

Looks like my old nemesis from my childhood Deadly Towers is the last game in the Awful Game block.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

TheRationalRedditor posted:

20 thousand smackeroos so a cocaine brony can ride some white pony, lmao

Well it didn't happen in the end.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Speaking of setup time, have any of the "bid this much so we replace the setup with ______ game" ever fail? Are they just forced to do a thirty to hour setup while waiting on the next game on the list?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Random games in general don't work too well for speedruns. Look at how many bad Binding of Isaac runs appeared in GDQ in the past?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
At least if Super Metroid returns, this probably shows they don't need the "kill or save the animals" as a money maker. Probably not having that there also means it easier to do other donation incentives as people not just adding money to the pot at the last day instead of focusing on the stuff happening in a few hours.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Pakled posted:

The runner of Secret of Evermore tried WAY too hard to be funny. He was extremely obnoxious.

Do find it fitting his donation incentive to sing some unfunny song failed.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Shame SGDQ doesn't have a proper Awful Game Block, as this year had a lot of gems. Did that picture I linked from the other thread ever get a better quality version, as it was posted during the long rear end Breath of the Wild run.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

I'm amazed and at least a little proud RE7 gets brought up as one of the marathon bests in a marathon that had Arabian Nights.

Like while we're all throwing recommendations. That's mine. Arabian Nights is very definitely my pick for Run Of The Show.

What about the Silent Hill run, I thought that was good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Which GDQ was almost literally in someone house, as it just had a couch full of plushies.

• Locked thread