Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
BEST KONG
This poll is closed.
Donkey Kong 76 6.13%
Diddie Kong 75 6.05%
Dixie Kong 84 6.77%
Lankey Kong 129 10.40%
Funky Kong 189 15.24%
Mario 198 15.97%
Tiny Kony 65 5.24%
Candy Kong 61 4.92%
Chunky Kong 89 7.18%
Cranky Kong 125 10.08%
Wrinkley Kong (R.I.P.) :qq: 149 12.02%
Total: 719 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

Hello chums, I am excited for AGDQ 2018 because I love watching this event. There are some games on the list I've player but not seen speedrun before so that'll be fun to see!

One year I hope to attend in person to watch as much as I can but sadly for me that is not this year. Once again I will probably post more in this thread than I do in an entire year on the forums because I am boring and bad at posting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

TeaJay posted:

I think PJ's Lagoon run is probably one of the best, if not THE best GDQ run I've seen. It's got everything you want, PJ, a hilarious, broken game and a great couch & commentary.

Also wish more people were around to see Might & Magic VI live from last SGDQ, since it was run early morning EU time. It's also where the various

reaction shots are from. If you didn't, you still have time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cl6p6Pni6U0

Greetings from Finland.

Please post this again or put it in the OP so I still remember this on a weekday.

Might and Magic VI was probably my favourite run from last SGDQ, it was utterly fantastic.

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

That Skyrim run owned and was hilarious. I’m sure it’s going to end up as one of the top runs to watch for people who missed it live.

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

Yeah! Singing! (This is legit good though.)

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

That knife jumping/dogding was impressive.

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

I love these tricks but I have very little idea what’s going on or why it’s happening, it owns.

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

Did...did that Medusa have a butt she was constantly showing the camera?

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

The last time an Animorphs game was run, which was a GBA game I think, I didn’t know that Animorphs was an actual thing. I thought it was some crazy romhack or something.

The chat thread during that run taught me about Animorphs. I am so glad I know more about Animorphs especially because it led to this fantastic game being speedrun right now.

I was asleep/busy before I could watch Animorphs so are there any other games from the past 8 hours or so I should catch up on?

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

Volfogg posted:

Literally everything starting at Superman 64.

Musluk posted:

superman 64 to get into shape, arabian nights and enviro-bear to understand why there was a 600 page burst

Fantastic, thanks chaps, I’ll check those later in the day wen there are some things are on that I’m not too interested in seeing live.

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

So the story of that stage is that spider-man has to get the boss to activate the explosives to blow up the building?

Is spider-man the baddies?

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

Yeah! 16!

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

This thread is really hyping me up for the Arabian Nights run, I’m definitely going to have to watch the VOD for that after the rest of awful block is over.

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

Ramadu posted:

you won't regret it big boy

If this is the sort of amazing thing that came out of Arabian Nughts I’m going to have to go back a bunch of pages and read through the thread at the same time as watching (this is what I always do when I watch VODs anyway, but it seems especially important this time).

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

Yeah it’s mike!

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

The Lobster posted:

I THINK I MAY HAVE POSTED MORE IN THIS THREAD THAN I HAVE SINCE MY REG DATE

:same: I post more in the GDQ chat threads than I ever do over the rest of the year when GDQ isn’t on.

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

Internet Kraken posted:

Alright we're back boys

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

Whenever I watch a GDQ event it always makes me think I want to try speedrunning, and usually that’s Star Control 2. Then become awesome and number one in the world, and somehow run it at a GDQ event. There are three problems for me:

1) I’m bad at videogames
2) I’m lazy
3) I don’t own star control 2.

However I will eternally dream of maybe doing one thing to give me internet fame for a tiny amount of time.

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

Xenothral posted:

StarCon 2 would be a rad speedrun, also why not just do it with Ur-Quan Masters?

Pigbuster posted:

Ur-Quan Masters is free, isn't it? I think Codemasters gave it their blessing, too, since they changed the name. They made an HD one, too.

GeneX posted:

Grab Ur-Quan Masters, the guys who made Star Control gave it their blessing (and are developing a sequel last I heard!)

I think I looked into it a few years ago and there was some oddness that people only accepted the original Star Control 2 for speedrunning because the Ur-Quan Masters was an unofficial version of it.

Something like that anyway, my memory is bad. I don’t know much about speedrunning and the community to be perfectly honest, I just like watching GDQ events.

I didn’t even expect three posts to be positive about my dumb idea, maybe I really should look into it again to see if people run Ur-Quan Masters now and inspire myself to do something!

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

I love the doom style face in the top left

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

I was sure I played this game a huge amount on the Amiga many years ago, but I don’t recognise it at all. (Although admittedly my memory is terrible.)

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

Hahaha this boss fight is amazing

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

I just watched Superman 64, Arabian Nights, and Enviro-Bear 2000.

:vince: That was some of the most amazing entertainment I have ever seen in my life.

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

tyblazitar posted:

oh you haven't even seen the finale, Dog's Life

Aww drat, I didn’t realise that was going to be good too. I’ll add it to the list for when I watch more VODs tomorrow.

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

I had to stop watching very early yesterday and now I have a chance to catch up on some things.

Was the Dishonored run worth watching? Also are there any must watch runs that happened after that point?

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

Fantastic, thanks chums, when I get back home soon I’ll start watching some of those!

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

Aww man, did I miss some of TAS block? I love TASBot so much

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

I love Edobean so much

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

I’ve never played a kingdom hearts game but I know they are about Disney and square games and there are many of them

Where in the series timeline is this game? (Also because I’m an rear end in a top hat I’m not sure if I want to watch it.)

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

Thanks everyone, I’ll check out Sun or Moon if I decide to buy one soon but I have way too many games to play anyway so I may not actually do so.

Also, what’s the difference between Ultra Sun and Sun (or Moon)?

RoboJoe fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Jan 12, 2018

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

I think I somehow deleted my post trying to post it because I am incompetent.

Thank you for the responses everyone, I’ll definitely look into getting Pokemon Sun or Moon if I decide to buy one of them (I have way too many games I’m trying to play right now so I might not.)

Also, what is the difference between Ultra Sun and Sun(or Moon)?

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

ultra sun/moon is pretty much what yellow was to red and blue etc

which is to say, if you haven't played sun/moon skip to ultra sun/moon

Fantastic, thank you for the advice!

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

This is somewhat unrelated to this speedrun (aside from it being a somewhat long RPG) but today I was thinking about this and I really want to play Ni No Kuni which I’ve been told is good but I’ve only played it for maybe 30 minutes. After GDQ I should try playing it again!

I wonder if there are any good speedruns for it too, I should go see if I can find any.

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

Elliotw2 posted:

i've heard from people i trust that it's really boring and grindy

Oh, that’s disappointing then. I was in the mood for an RPG that I haven’t played before (and own but due to laziness haven’t played).

E: hahaha, apparently the speedruns for Ni No Kuni are 6 hours or so.

RoboJoe fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Jan 12, 2018

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

I’ve watched two animes in my life: One was Gurren Lagann and the other was the one with the robots. I quite liked Gurren Lagan but I didn’t like the other.

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

I’ve checked this thread at the best time to start watching GDQ again today. You’re all the best!

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

As I was busy/asleep for them I’m going to watch the Mega Man Race and Punch Out VODs shortlyI hope they were good!

How was the Ocarina of Time run? I might watch that too :ohdear:

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

Ah, fair enough, I might skip OoT then. I did watch Metroid 3 on VOD and thought that was okay but I am a crazy person, so maybe I’ll like the OoT run.

I could use that time to do something like playing a videogame myself today. Or maybe just watch the stream live today on my TV while playing Diablo 3 on PC.

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

HonorableTB posted:

We have no style
We have no grace
Two identical smilies
Occupying cyberspace

:emptyquote:

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

This is the best AGDQ chat thread that has ever existed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

HonorableTB posted:

We're making forums history.

Oh and idk how many of you know this but the SA forums are actually being archived by the Library of Congress.

All of this will be preserved in the official government records for any and all to witness.

As a non-American does this mean I am contributing to foreign relations right now? Have I become an ambassador to the USA from my humble home in Cornwall?

SA GDQ thread truly is the greatest for me to achieve these lofty heights.

• Locked thread