Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
BEST KONG
This poll is closed.
Donkey Kong 76 6.13%
Diddie Kong 75 6.05%
Dixie Kong 84 6.77%
Lankey Kong 129 10.40%
Funky Kong 189 15.24%
Mario 198 15.97%
Tiny Kony 65 5.24%
Candy Kong 61 4.92%
Chunky Kong 89 7.18%
Cranky Kong 125 10.08%
Wrinkley Kong (R.I.P.) :qq: 149 12.02%
Total: 719 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Second time watching AGDQ, third time viewer. My cancer passed away from viewer. Money goes to view the games, view the donation. Hype!!!!

I loving LOVE VIEWING

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I'm getting warmed up and ready to shitpost all week long!

gently caress the haters, GDQ is my jam.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Soup du Jour posted:

GDQ is the best time of the year

For real, I love having AGDQ right after the holidays. The best way to start the new year? Play video games and fight cancer!

Seriously, someday I'd like to just take a couple weeks off and do a crazy marathon run of MAGFest and AGDQ. Someday.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Random Stranger posted:

Looking forward to some

this AGDQ.

:same:

Pakled posted:

It really was. DK64 is kind of a crappy game but man, something about that run just made for the best time in the thread.

OOOHHH BANANA

OOOHHH BANANA

OOOHHH BANANA

OOOHHH BANANA

OOOHHH BANANA

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

onesixtwo posted:

Personally i can’t wait for the year when there is a complete 0xA DK64 run at GDQ.

This would be its own marathon.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

beep by grandpa posted:

This is all of us tonight and the rest of this week...and it makes me so happy...

This is for you guys...from me...this is how I feel when I post with u all and I hope u feel the same about your favourite poster (me)

GO TEAM GOON

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

GOON AFTERNOON!

I just woke up and went straight to my PC. I'm already entranced.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I just hooked up a "new" monitor for this (used but very good, needed to replace my poor dying secondary) and I'm glad I did.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

The greatest relay race: ENVIRO-MAN!!!

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I like the hype for Sonic Mania just existing. :unsmith:

This is gonna be a good GDQ, I can feel it!

eonwe posted:

some lols from reddit

h3h3 is actually a nice channel and it makes me sad this guy puts his bad opinions in their subreddit.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

eonwe posted:

camera work is pro as gently caress this year

question one: why you late

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Erata posted:

This is legitimately funnier than SNL though

I watched a couple eps of SNL this year and I can confirm this is 100% correct

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I'm seriously happy that LttP Rando got a spot this year, considering how much it exploded over the past year or so.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

lol Mike Uyama block, get that motherfucker back on the couch

ANIMOOOORPHS

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

CovertMuffin! Love that guy.

Take a bath.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

HERE

WE

GO

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

jimmydalad posted:

How do people feel about the layout this year? I think it looks pretty techy and fantastic

I liked it, but then I saw the visual clock behind the timer and now I loving love it.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

TeaJay posted:

Is my eyesight getting worse or is the GUI font getting smaller?

They changed the font and it's smaller than last year's so it's not just you.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Erata posted:

Hell yeah, the loading meter style donation tracker. Fuckin' smart.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

CJ posted:

The background of the timer is really annoying.

quote:

I HAVE poo poo TASTE AND CANNOT BE TRUSTED

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

TeaJay posted:

Well, to be honest, I don't _really_ need to read the PLATFORM, RELEASE YEAR and ESTIMATE texts all the time

But the donation tracker text could be a bit larger.

IMO it's important to keep the game info up for any new viewers that join and have no other context.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Ok, I have to take a break since I seriously just woke up and went straight to my PC to start watching. Wife is gonna murder me if there's no coffee.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

kidcoelacanth posted:

loving dammit I'm trying not to buy graphic tees anymore but I have my eye on the Splatoon one and the AGDQ event one this year :mad:

Never don't buy GDQ shirts.

I'm getting the FF4 one even though I don't normally buy white shirts. It's too good and I love FF4 too much.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Terper posted:

Gotta wait for the awful games block.

Man it took a while for the LOL AWFUL GAMES BLOCK jokes to start dropping this year, I'm disappointed.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

kidcoelacanth posted:

"Splatoon 2 Dance Party" is a phrase that makes me excited and terrified

It's not an anime con so I wouldn't be too worried

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Dias posted:

bring back the gdq monitor

RIP Monitor

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Ganson posted:

I just realized there's no cuphead, mind blown. Would be great to see that game getting destroyed in the 1.0 version with the weapon swap glitch.

It just came out a few months ago so it was far less likely to get into this AGDQ. If it's gonna get into a GDQ, I'd expect it in this year's SGDQ.

Of course, Sonic Mania came out in August and it's in this marathon so what do I know?

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

beep by grandpa posted:

The first time it was in a marathon, it was a pretty humorous twist that changed things up and gave some variety so it wasn't just like "every other marathon". But it's been done multiple times now and frankly, I think the joke has gotten old by this point.

Especially nowadays there's so many speedrunners that have great runs to offer, and we are putting them aside to put in this running gag that I feel like most people honestly don't care to watch anymore. The AwGDQ last year took up 6 hours of timeslots. That's quite a lot for what it is, you could fit an entire game block or two with that much time, and I am sure they would be more entertaining and bring in more donations.

I really dislike seeing this go on and not really hearing anyone say anything about it, if AwDGQ does happen this year, please make it the last time, or at the least please shorten how long it is.

Or if you want to keep that time block of "something different", let people run their lesser known games that I know people would want to watch (Billy Hatcher is a good example). You could call it "Obscure Games Done Quick" or something idk.

Awful Games Done Quick just doesn't seem fair to either the people interested in going to the marathon or to the viewers and supporters for the marathon. Thanks.

Your quotes

Please source them.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Roflan posted:

Terrible games can result in great speedruns. I don't see the need to sequester them in their own segment though. If they are runs worth showing then they can stand on their own like any other game.

nah

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Fresh Shesh Besh posted:

I never played Splatoon and I don't know anything about it, but it's aesthetic is giving me Jet Set Radio vibes.

Splatoon happened because Nintendo took a chance with making a new IP instead of another Mario game, IIRC. And it is good.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

a.lo posted:

what is a wawa

Convenience store chain in the northeastern US. Known for their sandwiches.

I like Wawa but I'm a QuickChek guy myself.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Sheetz is our favorite place to stop for sandwiches/snacks/coffee/bathroom when we're on road trips between GA and NJ.

We've done the drive enough to know what exits have them. There's a stretch on I-81 in Virginia where there's no Sheetzeses between exits 40 and 222 or so.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

get that OUT of my face posted:

is the Sheetz vs. Wawa fight more intense than NJ's Taylor Ham vs. Pork Roll fight?

If anything it would be QuickChek vs. Wawa.

And it's Taylor ham. You say pork roll if you're not in NJ.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

get that OUT of my face posted:

ween made the song "pork roll egg & cheese" and they're from PA, this checks out

For real, if I were to go to a deli in northern NJ and try to order a "pork roll egg & cheese" the lady behind the counter might give me a funny look or say "you're not from around here, huh?"

We're moving back to NJ next month and I can't wait to get my Taylor ham egg & cheese with hot sauce from the deli near my wife's family's house. Oh god it's the greatest breakfast thing ever.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

The Lobster posted:

I'm loving this run but I need food. What do I do?

They have this thing now called "delivery"

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Ramos posted:

Oh man, you haven't seen me making pancakes yet.

Want to make good pancakes? Here's what I do:

1 cup Bisquick
1 cup milk
1 egg

Whisk that poo poo :circlefap:

I use a ceramic electric skillet at ~375 F, it's big enough to fit 3 pancakes at a time. They're good to flip when you can tap the middle of the pancake and batter doesn't stick to your finger. Then they're done on the other side in like a minute, it won't take long. This is also a great time to add butter since it'll be nice and hot.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Ganson posted:

Apparently if you missing usual agdq chat it has been recreated in https://www.twitch.tv/gdq_poverty

AGDQ 2018 is collecting donations for the Prevent Twitch Chat Foundation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Definitely a banger

• Locked thread