Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
BEST KONG
This poll is closed.
Donkey Kong 76 6.13%
Diddie Kong 75 6.05%
Dixie Kong 84 6.77%
Lankey Kong 129 10.40%
Funky Kong 189 15.24%
Mario 198 15.97%
Tiny Kony 65 5.24%
Candy Kong 61 4.92%
Chunky Kong 89 7.18%
Cranky Kong 125 10.08%
Wrinkley Kong (R.I.P.) :qq: 149 12.02%
Total: 719 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

drat i actually have a job this time around so i'm gonna miss a lot of shitposting time

and that's honestly become half the fun of these things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

SoftNum posted:

Also nobody ever has fun on the couch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSkrK0-EIVY

pro-click right here, this was a beautiful 'it's 2 AM and a non-zero number of people with mics are clearly high' run

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

mandatory lesbian posted:

lol the last like 20 books, except the very last 2, are all ghostwritten

k.a. applegate dngaf

really? drat, even as a little kid i somehow knew when a series was worth giving up on

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

The Lobster posted:

Harsh. They've all been uploaded online. I quit reading when I hit 7th grade and Animorphs were "uncool" but a few years ago I went back and reread them all* and it was actually pretty good. I particularly liked the Chronicles books.

*barring the Alternamorphs monstrosities

sorry bub i'm an adult now and don't have that kind of time to waste on childish things

[considers taking an unpaid day off work just to watch speedruns on whichever day has the best runs i'd miss]

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

oh drat there's the upside for having a job this gdq, i can actually justify buying some super nerdy shirts for the sake of charity

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

actually yeah now that i'm looking at them there's not a lot of super interesting looking ones :(

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

beep by grandpa posted:

I have this shirt but I was fat when I got it and now I'm not anymore so it's a nice pajama shirt. Net gain because I now sleep with my gdq memories close against my chest :-]

oh god that was from the first one i watched, how did 3 years already go by

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

if i ever saw anyone irl wearing that shirt i would just nod sagely, whisper 'terror instinct', and walk away

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

beep by grandpa posted:

Guys what are some more of your favorite GDQ memories :allears:

I've got a couple but I want to be nice and let my friends have a turn cause y'all know me I'm a yapper and a storyteller

basically the entire earthbound finale for sgdq '17, chatting about maybe my favorite game ever with late-night goons for 3 hours

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

also i didn't watch much of the ff7 run where tifa got named beefaroni as a donation incentive but for some reason i still think of that whenever i think of tifa

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

another good memory was seeing all the goons who got to experience pepsiman for the first time

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

the super metroid race where everyone but the guy who'd been in last place the whole time died

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

gotta enjoy being in the top 5 posters while i can, that's definitely not lasting for me this year

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

grand theft grotto posted:

This is kind of weirdly personal but during this last SDGQ all the cuck jokes during Stiv's run not only were funny but they helped me laugh through the fact that my significant other at the time was clearly falling for someone else. It didn't work out for me in the end, and so it's good that I was able to have some laughs as that was a stressful time.

drat, that's rough buddy

glad you're out of that situation

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Azathoth256 posted:

Well, not with that attitude you won't.

i have to work 3 days this week, i won't be able to keep up with the neets who can post all day and night!!

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Zeikier posted:

I'd post more but I'm too busy trying to finish my Bloodborne run before the marathon reaches it.

i might have to skip the botw finale since it's all main quests and i haven't beaten it yet :(

(oooooor i marathon it all week to beat it in time and go crazy in the process)

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

i'm a dumb baby who actually kinda cares about the story from what i've seen so far

like, i know there's not gonna be some super interesting twists or deep poo poo but i like a lot of the characters and that can sell me on a story a lot

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

anyone know if yetee shirts skew a little smaller or larger than the average shirt? i'm somewhere between a small and a medium these days so i'm having trouble deciding on what size splat shirt i should be ordering

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Your Computer posted:

me, in this thread

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Pakled posted:

Streamlink allows you to use this nifty twitch gui
https://github.com/streamlink/streamlink-twitch-gui

yeah the gui just letting you click around saves you precious seconds over typing in all that stuff livestreamer needs you to type in

and this week is all about saving precious seconds

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

it begins

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

drat, huge shade thrown at sgdq

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Random Stranger posted:

They still haven't gotten rid of the hideous murder carpet in that ballroom, I see.

good.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

hot take: the visual behind the clock is annoying and distracting when i'm trying to watch a cool speedrun

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Random Stranger posted:

The effect is soft enough that it doesn't draw attention for me so it just looks nifty.

well it draws my attention!! :mad:

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

i like that the girl coot gets goggles and a scarf when she flies the plane

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

even by crash standards crash's face looks really unappealing here

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

grand theft grotto posted:

Pilot Knight's level theme is one of my favorite video game songs.

please do not disrespect propeller knight like this

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Choco1980 posted:

I guess I can live without the audience cam, but I was trying to see during the crash run what was on deck, and it seemed like there was no display for that ever. what the hell??

i definitely remember seeing the next upcoming games at the bottom during the crash run, maybe you just had real bad luck and kept looking at the wrong times

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

this run is already nuts

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

i have too many ps4 games to play right now but drat if i'm not itching to get a switch+splatoon 2

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

nice

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

man i'm already fading here, definitely gonna need to nap during the infamous run

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Rirse posted:

Okay what the point of having a ad for "What Remains of Ethan Fitch". Didn't that come out like three years ago?

it came out last year buddy

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

[from off screen]

PRIIZES?

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

JethroMcB posted:

The best thing was when you were given the choice between saving your girlfriend...or...SIX DOCTORS

were they at least like, real good doctors or

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Zeikier posted:

Did the runner say why the game's run in Italian yet?

so far it saved 2 or 3 seconds when waiting for dialog to end so she could open a door, wouldn't be surprised if that happens a few other times during the run

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Hellioning posted:

No, one of the doctors was only your girlfriend if you chose to save your girlfriend, who was a fake.

If you saved the doctors, all of the doctors were real, and the girlfriend that died was your real girlfriend.

so continuity literally changes in order to gently caress you over no matter what you pick?

that's hilariously stupid game design

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Internet Kraken posted:

Think I'm just gonna play Skyrim during this and the Skyrim run (lol)

the skyrim run will probably rule, basically all the elder scrolls runs have been hilarious bug exploits

Corek posted:

Why is the title "inFAMOUS" instead of "Infamous"

because depending on your moral choices you can either be famous or infamous :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Corek posted:

Why did they name the third game "Second Son" and the fourth game "First Light"

second son was the first game with a new protagonist and first light was a prequel to second son

• Locked thread