Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
BEST KONG
This poll is closed.
Donkey Kong 76 6.13%
Diddie Kong 75 6.05%
Dixie Kong 84 6.77%
Lankey Kong 129 10.40%
Funky Kong 189 15.24%
Mario 198 15.97%
Tiny Kony 65 5.24%
Candy Kong 61 4.92%
Chunky Kong 89 7.18%
Cranky Kong 125 10.08%
Wrinkley Kong (R.I.P.) :qq: 149 12.02%
Total: 719 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Inepta Lacerta
Nov 20, 2012

Really quite silly indeed.

Forever one of the funniest things during an AHDQ was https://youtu.be/-NC4TIOAt9M

Though that whole run, accordion and all was pretty fantastic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inepta Lacerta
Nov 20, 2012

I can never quite keep up posting in these threads, but I'll say this: SGDQ and AGDQ are highlights of my year without fail, and in no small part is part of that experience hanging in these here threads with y'all, even if I mostly lurk. Greetings from germanysweden.

WONDERSHOT! (Hug all the goats)

Inepta Lacerta
Nov 20, 2012

Slickdrac posted:

Stream dying a bit?

Getting lagfreezes here and there, yeah. It's not too bad atm, fortunately.

Inepta Lacerta
Nov 20, 2012

This years AGDQ is cool and good.

The shitlord reddit/4chan contingent can go suck eggs. Like so:
:maga:

Inepta Lacerta
Nov 20, 2012

This is some dank, dark magic right here. I'm equal parts :stare: and :allears:

Inepta Lacerta
Nov 20, 2012

beep by grandpa posted:

These time traveling apes...abusing the laws of physics and barriers and to what end...?

Chrono and gang have nothing on Kong, clearly.

Inepta Lacerta
Nov 20, 2012

Your Computer posted:

Retro graphics are dumb and bad. They used those graphics because they were technically limited and unable to make it not look like poo poo. Can you name a game that you think is improved by using primitive pixel art? Yeah, not showing the lovely Alien suit made that movie scarier but it's not like Ridley Scott was breaking out the stop motion kit to captialise on the Jason and the Argonauts nostalgia. They were trying their hardest with what they had.

Sir, sir? This is a McDonalds drivethrough. Also, source your quotes.

Inepta Lacerta
Nov 20, 2012

Quest For Glory II posted:

I dont understand how nintendo made the prime games look so good for the hardware they're on

Apologies for the late reply, but as I understand it since both the Gamecube and Wii couldn't quite cram in the kind of textures and polygon counts the other consoles of the time could, there is rather a lot of geometry in any single room or locale so that the games consistently look populated and non-empty despite the relatively low-detail textures. You can take pretty much any location in any of the games and there'll be tubes, pipes and cables running every which way, shifting slopes in walls and ceilings, places where the decor has cracked from age and so on and so forth. These details are usually pretty simple on their own but there's a lot of them in any given scene. The visual/art direction is absolutely on point, and the designers used this to cover up and distract from the weak points of the platforms the games ran on.

Incidentally, this is also why the Prime games still look pretty good if you run them in higher resolution in an emulator, whereas many of its contemporaries look rather a lot more dated, relying as they often were on for the time high-resolution textures.

Have an example, Metroid Prime in 4k: https://imgur.com/a/Oidnn

Inepta Lacerta
Nov 20, 2012

Barudak posted:

Imagine if it had remotely delivered on the premise of the first cutscene of the game in a focused manner.

Don't do this to me. Ah, the things that could have been.

Then again I should have known, given EA...

Inepta Lacerta
Nov 20, 2012

Barudak posted:

Five year dev cycle produces unfocused mess of a game isnt an EA exclusive

I don't disagree at all, but they do have a pretty bumpy track record on this and acquired studios.

(I wasn't one of those people that howled for EA blood or anything, I was just disappointed in the end result.)

Inepta Lacerta
Nov 20, 2012

I found it annoying to listen to at first but really, the quips more than make up for it. Her breaking the game over her knee helps too.

Inepta Lacerta
Nov 20, 2012

Maybe it's one of those rare times where it helps that I'm not a native speaker of english. Like, I hear how the speech pattern is off for english and why, but it really doesn't bother me all that much.

ChuckDeNomolos posted:

i am getting asmr head tingles from this

Also this.

Inepta Lacerta
Nov 20, 2012

Not sure if it was already linked, but here's the Half-coordinated mini-documentary, which is well worth a watch for the inspiration and/or while there's a less exciting run going on: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GQPuuik1q8

Inepta Lacerta
Nov 20, 2012

HonorableTB posted:

According to my good friend in Stockholm it's apparently some kind of Swedish cream dessert dish that is super tasty and best served with coffee and fresh berries

Are we getting Semlas up in here?

Typically filled with almond paste and topped up with whipped cream and some powdered sugar on the hat, you can find it with vanilla and jam fillings too these days though the purists are likely to scoff at that. Another way of eating it is as a 'hetvägg' (from german Heise Wecken (hot buns)), where it's served in a bowl of hot milk instead, though that's far rarer.

Brain In A Jar posted:

I watched the halfcoordinated doco and absolutely didn't start to tear up once, at all

Yeah, it's great.

Inepta Lacerta
Nov 20, 2012

TeaJay posted:

Whipped cream is the only true way to eat a laskiaispulla (I do not know what laskiainen is in english)

e: apparently it's "shrovetide" or "shrove Tuesday"

Aye, 'semmeltisdag' in swedish. But it's obviously pronounced "bork bork bork chocolate moose"

Inepta Lacerta
Nov 20, 2012

Darkoni posted:

AGDQ2018
THEY WEAR

AND :emptyquote:
SHITPOSTS
CHAT THREAD

Oh hey guys, haven't posted in a few hundred pages and what's going on i... :yikes:

Inepta Lacerta
Nov 20, 2012

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

we have such shitposts to show you

Oh my.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inepta Lacerta
Nov 20, 2012

Brother Entropy posted: