Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The file size was 640 mbs
No room for graphics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
the new dissidia ui is less of a trainwreck at least, ill probably try it out at some point during the beta just cause i like final fanty

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Dragon Ball Fighterz is good. I win 75% of my games by just holding back and punishing super dashes, which gets kind of boring, but when it doesn't devolve to that it's awesome.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

what button layout are people using for dbfz? i was thinking A B C / S Z1 Z2 like marvel 3 but that makes super dash weird. I guess you want the main buttons in a square.. but how

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I think

MHS
L12

Makes the most sense, but throws are still weird.

fadam fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Jan 13, 2018

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

right dragon rush is the weird one

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

b_d posted:

what button layout are people using for dbfz? i was thinking A B C / S Z1 Z2 like marvel 3 but that makes super dash weird. I guess you want the main buttons in a square.. but how

That's the layout I use because I'm used to A B C from UNIEL. I tried to do M H S / L A1 A2 at first but I kept hitting S thinking it was H. Super dashes aren't that weird but some of the supers use HS which feels a little weirder. You might want to consider macroing HS to something.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

And yes Dragon Rush feels weird that way and it also makes it harder to tech, I think I've teched it once on reaction. It's so slow but it seems like a tight window to tech.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

iirc you can tech with any normal button so that shouldn't be a problem. i might just keep using pad for this game

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

DBFZ beta is amazing

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I got to "Android" rank and now I'm starting to fight people who are kicking my rear end. When played properly this game is awesome, it feels great to catch someone and then take 50-60% of their life with crazy looking stuff. Once people get their hands on training mode things are really going to explode.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

I really hope that Dissidia is easier to grok than Gundam Versus. I could not understand how to play that game well. I don't think I won a single match.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

What specifically did you dislike about Gundam VS? Because Dissidia just feels like a lovely version of that game to me.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

SFV Arcade Edition is out, for all the true gamers who don't give a poo poo about anime bullcrap like DBFZ!!

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

The only people I've seen actively dislike DBFZ are hardcore Xenoverse guys lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Xenoverse people wrote the game off day one because it doesn't have 140 characters

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

In Training posted:

Xenoverse people wrote the game off day one because it doesn't have 140 characters

they must have hated the twitter update

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Frosty Faustings starts today: http://frostyfaustings.com/schedule/

I hope the mystery tournament is Fight of Gods.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
1 more week.....

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Frosty Faustings is gonna be fun. Did any cool Japanese players come out for Guilty Gear?

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

fadam posted:

Frosty Faustings is gonna be fun. Did any cool Japanese players come out for Guilty Gear?

teresa is there he plays jam and sits on the floor

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I'm a big fan of teresa's twitter account.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

tfw they schedule GG top 8 and Inj 2 top 8 at the same time :negative:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Level 20 Jam's Pantsu

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

https://www.twitch.tv/bsblackrose <- Tekken 7 top 8 is pretty good so far, and they're using the PS4 jukebox so you don't have to listen to the terrible T7 soundtrack

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

In Training posted:

https://www.twitch.tv/bsblackrose <- Tekken 7 top 8 is pretty good so far, and they're using the PS4 jukebox so you don't have to listen to the terrible T7 soundtrack

The girlfriend vs boyfriend grand finale was pretty funny. She kind of makes me want to learn Ling. Also, the theme when the elevator reaches the top of Mishima headquarters gets me pumped as hell!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

DBFZ releases in 3 days. Be sure to get the preorders in to instantly unlock Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Goku and Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Vegeta, along with 2 lobby avatars and 2 girls stamps.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

girls stamps you say?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

In Training posted:

DBFZ releases in 3 days. Be sure to get the preorders in to instantly unlock Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Goku and Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Vegeta, along with 2 lobby avatars and 2 girls stamps.

Done.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Celebrating the “girls stamps”

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

b_d posted:

Celebrating the “girls stamps”

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

extremebuff posted:

girls stamps you say?

Someone tell me what the preorder stamps are

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Ristolaz posted:

Someone tell me what the preorder stamps are

they're lobby emotes featuring Bulma, Android 18 & Android 21

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

just preordered a 2nd copy

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Very well.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

looks like DBFZ isnt geting a midnight PC release. Fail.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

The Super Saiyan showdown is today I think. Going to miss it...

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I am looking forward to playing as Yamcha.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Human Grand Prix posted:

I am looking forward to playing as Yamcha.

Same. He's supposedly the most straight rush down character so I'm hype to mash with him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Will it have like Handicap mode where I can just play one character against however many. Since that’s probably the easiest way I’ll be able to learn individual ones.