Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS
DBZF kinda sucks rear end imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

In Training posted:

Battling AI generally gives you bad habits FWIW. Its not bad to use to practice your inputs but in terms of dealing with a human player it doesn't teach you much

Yeah I’m sure a lot of my progress is getting familiar with the controls

I still have a lil bit of a habit of trying to make up random combos by alternating between light and medium like I was playing Bayonetta. I’m trying to teach myself for now to stick to one button once I get a combo started and let the auto combo take over

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Ludwig van Halen posted:

I’m trying to teach myself for now to stick to one button once I get a combo started and let the auto combo take over

nice what an epic fighting game that requires you to do this

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

HORMELCHILI posted:

It’s suboptimal and the pro EVO players are gonna own me, but I’m not ready to remember actual combos

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Autocombos are sub optimal by a wide margin and don't cause knockdown. It'd be better to learn something simple and practice that.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

yeah just do the first chapter of the story to get a handle on the inputs and mechanics but then like all fg ai they dont behave anything like humans and will teach you really bad habits, they're too smart and too stupid at the same time etc.

yamcha is so cool and when you get him in the story everyone's around lv.20 and he's at lv.1 and gets 2shot by people and all the link events are him talking about how pathetic he is

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS
Atrocitus Level 20

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The Orville posted:

Atrocitus Level 20

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

I skipped all the text in story mode and it still took like 4 hours :gonk:

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

HORMELCHILI posted:

You don't even know what you're talking about, retard.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Kongming posted:

You don't even know what you're talking about, retard.

Dont sign your posts

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

extremebuff posted:

yeah just do the first chapter of the story to get a handle on the inputs and mechanics but then like all fg ai they dont behave anything like humans and will teach you really bad habits, they're too smart and too stupid at the same time etc.

I figure if I can get comfortable vs the AI there should be a few people online I can beat. I should at least do better than the 2-18 I am right now

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i'd go from eh pretty good to insanely hoipe if they added someone cool like bulma, arale, or master roshi instead of all these damned saiyans. launch with a gun. mai witth a gun. oolong. basically any of the weirdos from original dragon ball. lucca from chrono trigger with the wondershot her random damage and status gun so she'd basically be faust, with a gun.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
lol i finally slogged my way through story and right when i finished the last battle the game crashed. what a sign. i have to replay like half an hour lol

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

dangerdoom volvo posted:

lol i finally slogged my way through story and right when i finished the last battle the game crashed. what a sign

sorry for your loss. i had the fatal error happen as well at the end of one of the maps. FORTUNately the game autosaves at the start of each new map so at worst you'll have to do the map right before the android 21 boss fight, maybe it starts from teh fight. hell maybe you already unlocked her

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

i'd go from eh pretty good to insanely hoipe if they added someone cool like bulma, arale, or master roshi instead of all these damned saiyans. launch with a gun. mai witth a gun. oolong. basically any of the weirdos from original dragon ball. lucca from chrono trigger with the wondershot her random damage and status gun so she'd basically be faust, with a gun.

theres too many drat saiyans right now yeah.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

id love more dragon ball/early dbz stuff too but they will add Broly and more dbsuper characters

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

theres too many drat saiyans right now yeah.

*Epic circa-2006 Sam Jackson voice* I have had it with these motherfuckin' Saiyans in this motherfuckin' game

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i forgive the terrible story thats too long because one of Krillin's moves is to throw a rock

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

extremebuff posted:

id love more dragon ball/early dbz stuff too but they will add Broly and more dbsuper characters

toriyama invented girl broly for db super so hopefully they add her and piss off broly fans

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

better than real broly

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

sorry for your loss. i had the fatal error happen as well at the end of one of the maps. FORTUNately the game autosaves at the start of each new map so at worst you'll have to do the map right before the android 21 boss fight, maybe it starts from teh fight. hell maybe you already unlocked her

No I had to Replay like 3 maps ftl

Fiend Matador
Feb 19, 2011

better than real broly

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Órale.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I wish Hercule and the old guy were harassers. And my boy Mr Popo.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Edit: characters

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Wormskull posted:

Which old guy? Dr. Gero the mad scientist who put his brain in an android?

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Wormskull posted:

I have some good news for you.

E. Nevermind

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

net cafe scandal posted:

E. Nevermind

lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

net cafe scandal posted:

E. Nevermind

Lmfao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

net cafe scandal posted:

E. Nevermind

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

net cafe scandal posted:

E. Nevermind

Lmao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In Training posted:

If you buy the season pass you get the 3 unlocksble characters immediately. I've never touched story mode

Did anyone catch how AIDS this was btw. Lmfao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The season pass is 35 dollars.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Wormskull posted:

One dollar for ever hour you watched some bitchcuck play 2018 World of Warcraft.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

45 if you bought the Deluxe Season Pass.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

In Training posted:

45 if you bought the Deluxe Season Pass.
:yikes:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Cobalt Viper posted:

One dollar for ever hour you watched some bitchcuck play 2018 World of Warcraft.

I’ve spent perhaps 15 minutes total watching him. Just checking in once in a while. Nice math.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

He’s also a military veteran. Way to support the troops. Maybe you need to take a break from posting for a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Wormskull posted:

He’s also a military veteran. Way to support the troops. Maybe you need to take a break from posting for a while.

this