Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
gently caress it. Allons-y! (I'm in.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Lick! The! Whisk! posted:

You got 293. We3. Well this one's a loving bummer. Anyways, its all in Comixology.

So I picked this thing up for $10, and let me tell you, it was quite a ride. It's an interesting story, and I'll review it as best I can.

Characters
We3 is about three animals, a Dog, a Cat, and a Rabbit, and Dr. Roseanne Berry, the Scientist who experimented on them to turn them into covert assassins. In robot gear.

Anyway, a Senator with designs on the presidency decides to terminate the program, and thus the animals, but Dr. Berry frees them instead, and the animals try to find home while the military chases them.

What I liked
I like the character designs, the story was solid without dragging too long, and I had fun reading it. Took me a little under 45 minutes to read it through, and I really liked it. I'd definitely say it was $10 well spent.

What I disliked
The comic was way gorier than the stuff I usually read. Now, it's not a gorefest in the slightest, but I found the detailed rat intestines and whatnot to be a little off-putting. It's nothing I'd say kills the story, but for me personally I didn't like it. I liked the designs but I didn't really find terribly much interesting about the characters beyond that, but I won't hold that against a 3-issue comic. Just a thing to point out.

Overall
This was an enjoyable read that I would recommend to most people who like comics, unless you're a squeamish weenie like me. 9/10

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I feel that it could've been placed in the mid-100s and I wouldn't bat an eye, but I'm not shocked that it was in the mid-200s. I did like it more than Empowered Vol 1, but that's just on the basis that it has a plot, which Empowered doesn't develop til volume 3. I could see why they'd say it was emotionally manipulative, but I disagree. Personally the most effective death for me was Dr. Berry's.

• Locked thread