Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Hello all, use this thread to post about your favorite games from the past year. At page 100 we'll count all the games the most people liked and whichever one had the most posts about it, that will be our 2017 Imp's Choice Game. Well, on to the categories.

Great Game
You can give this award to any game that you really loved this year. You can give as many games as you want the Great Game award, and it doesn't need to be from this year. Try to think back to your favorite gaming experiences this year. Those game deserves the Great Game award.

Gamers' Future Award
Use this award to shout out some of your hypest gaming experiences yet to come. Even if its a game thats already out, what are you so excited to play? Theres so many awesome experiences waiting in the wings. Always look forward to the next day!

As of now these are the only categories I can think of but if anyone has any suggestions we can add them to the OP. Internally there was a lot of excitement of the idea of handing out a life-size replica of hated poster Larry Parrish as a reward for whichever game most won Great Game but I actually lost the trophy due to it being smaller than an atom lol. It may have been eaten by an ant for all I know.

Happy new year all.

Edit: Typos

net cafe scandal fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Jan 6, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
Here's an award: [b]Gayest Thread[/i].

You win.

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
poo poo. gently caress

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Wow, thanks. /s

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Now that Mario Odyssey is out, Death Stranding wins the Gamers' Future Award every year until its release, I think.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I might give Great Game to Everybody's Golf, since I didn't play any Switch games this year. It doesn't jump out as an immediate best game candidate, but everything about it is good, and having one-controller pass-and-play couch multiplayer is genius.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i nominate myself for the great gamer award

edit: whoops, reread the op

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
Giving my Great Game award to, PUBG.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

Giving my Great Game award to, PUBG.

ive thought about it and im going to vote destiny 2

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
There’s too many great games this last year to choose just one, but I’m going to give my Gamer’s Future Award to Mount and Blade II: Bannerlord. Here’s to another 12 minutes of video footage this year and literally no other news or updates at all!

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

gamers future award to metroid prime 4, red dead redemption 2, and octopath traveller

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Deferring to The Game Awards and giving Game of the Year to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild and Most Anticipated Game to The Last of Us Part II

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I'm going to have to give a Great Game to The Binding of Isaac Afterbirth Plus for being the only game I played this year, as it runs very well on Macbook Pro and boasts immense replayability, and for suddenly being an Afterbirth tier epxansion after a year of me ignoring it and them fixing/adding stuff. I don't know what else to put for this section besides Braid for obvious reasons.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

I read a rumor today the next Battlefield will be

-bad company 3
-set in vietnam/cold war
-smaller more focused maps
-no lootboxes to distance itself from the battlefront II fiasco

So that has my gamer hype award if it proves to be true

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

great game award goes to stardew Valley. plays great on pc and switch

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

net cafe scandal posted:

I'm going to have to give a Great Game to The Binding of Isaac Afterbirth Plus for being the only game I played this year, as it runs very well on Macbook Pro and boasts immense replayability, and for suddenly being an Afterbirth tier epxansion after a year of me ignoring it and them fixing/adding stuff. I don't know what else to put for this section besides Braid for obvious reasons.

[Stepping up to podium at the Imp Zone Awards to present the Golden Classic Award statuette] They got this game right, for people who smoke. People who drink. Like if you drink beer and you get drunk or if you smoke weed and you get high...and you just...anything like if you just be getting hosed up. They got this game right, I don't know, this poo poo called Braid.

Nitevision
Oct 5, 2004

Your Friendly FYAD Helper
Ask Me For FYAD Help
Another Reason To Talk To Me Is To Hangout

HORMELCHILI posted:

I read a rumor today the next Battlefield will be

-bad company 3
-set in vietnam/cold war
-smaller more focused maps
-no lootboxes to distance itself from the battlefront II fiasco

So that has my gamer hype award if it proves to be true

-battlefront 2
-set in all three eras
-more and cooler maps
-no season pass to distance itself from the bf1 fiasco

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

PROBABLY MINECRAFT!!!!!!!!

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Nitevision posted:

-battlefront 2
-set in all three eras
-more and cooler maps

lol

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Destiny 1, Destiny 2, Destiny 3.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Gamers future award to Ni No Kuni II

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Nitevision posted:

-battlefront 2
-set in all three eras
-more and cooler maps

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The games I played this year that I distinctly remember the most are Siren and Splatoon 2

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Destiny 1, Destiny 2, Destiny 3.

*Makes the sign of the cross but the communion is sriracha and ramen noodles*

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

Pablo Gigante posted:

*Makes the sign of the cross but the communion is sriracha and ramen noodles*

In a beard bowl

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Nioh gets an award for somehow now being poo poo after 10+ years of development

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
I give a Great Game Award to Final Fantasy VI

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

rediscover posted:

I give a Great Game Award to Final Fantasy VI

Thank You, even though you let shadow die

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

The Orville posted:

I have a save file from the floating continent that I will never overwrite so that in some form, at least, he will live forever.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Great Game to Breath of the Wild and Gamer's Future Award to whatever the next Zelda game is

Soral
May 30, 2009

[b]super mario bros. 2[/b[

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

The Orville posted:

he did WHAT? :ssj:

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Aston posted:

Great Game to Breath of the Wild and Gamer's Future Award to whatever the next Zelda game is

I share this sentiment

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

goferchan posted:

he did WHAT? :ssj:

I didn't know I had to save him.. I'm sorry.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Nitevision posted:

-battlefront 2
-set in all three eras
-more and cooler maps

Dont really see the parallel when a new battlefield vietnam is actually a good idea and youd have to be an aids ridden retard to think battlefront 2 sounded good at any point

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

HORMELCHILI posted:

Dont really see the parallel when a new battlefield vietnam is actually a good idea and youd have to be an aids ridden retard to think battlefront 2 sounded good at any point

youre the aids ridden retard drooling over an ea game

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

elf help book posted:

Lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Hornet talked me into spending 80 dollars on Battlefield 1.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

elf help book posted:

Sorry lamer but Star Wars is loving gay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Wormskull posted:

Hornet talked me into spending 80 dollars on Battlefield 1.

Yeah, i convinced you to do that, not your own drunk rear end dropping 900 dollars on games a week

• Locked thread