Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Slippery Tilde

Dustcat posted:

:thunk: pretty sure ex-cops aren't allowed to extract people from their homes at gunpoint

p sure they're also not allowed to go around calling themselves the police

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
lol "we would prefer it if you didn't run this story"

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Pretty please don't mention that you caught me committing multiple felonies, I'm but a poor landlord providing a valuable service at a modest price.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

christmas boots posted:

lol "we would prefer it if you didn't run this story"

It almost sounds threatening when they've got loving thugs with guns running around the city at their behest.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
It sounded more pathetic than menacing when I read it, but yeah I suppose the guns would give that a different tone.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
https://twitter.com/maybulman/status/1307030852279431173?s=20

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
lol

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I wish that guy had been armed. AFAIK castle doctrine exists in Illinois

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Mameluke posted:

I wish that guy had been armed. AFAIK castle doctrine exists in Illinois

Laws like that only apply when it’s a white person shooting someone who mistakenly walked onto his front lawn, they aren’t there to help poor people murder their terrorist landlord and his debt collection private army. He’d have either ended up murdered in cold blood with his killers going free, or he’d have been thrown in prison forever.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Teacher, teacher! The ex-cop keeps evicting me at gunpoint that's not allowed!! Teacher!? Waaaaaaaaaah.

All there is, is power.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Laws like that only apply when it’s a white person shooting someone who mistakenly walked onto his front lawn, they aren’t there to help poor people murder their terrorist landlord and his debt collection private army. He’d have either ended up murdered in cold blood with his killers going free, or he’d have been thrown in prison forever.

Perhaps. But on the plus side, some of the landlord's private army might be dead. Not all successful fights against fascism will allow you to survive.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Upon further examination... Mao was right??

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

Shima Honnou posted:

Upon further examination... Mao was right??

mao knew how to fight wars, if nothing else

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

Perhaps. But on the plus side, some of the landlord's private army might be dead. Not all successful fights against fascism will allow you to survive.

Martyrs like van Spronsen are few and far between, not the norm in America

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Food Boner
Jul 2, 2005

jesus

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

lmao I was already saying "jesus christ" out loud by step 2. should've saved it for step 4

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
this country really works hard to be the leading innovator in the field of malevolence.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

could you try to be a little less blatant about seeing poor people as expendable footsoldiers you hope will die for your political objectives

jfc

dude's not questing to defeat fascism even if he dies in the process, he's trying to avoid being kicked out of his goddamn apartment

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Main Paineframe posted:

could you try to be a little less blatant about seeing poor people as expendable footsoldiers you hope will die for your political objectives

jfc

dude's not questing to defeat fascism even if he dies in the process, he's trying to avoid being kicked out of his goddamn apartment

Well killing those that are forcibly removing you from your apartment is the only way to not be removed out of your apartment. If you have a "less violent" or "better" way to not be kicked out of your "goddamn apartment", please share this divine knowledge with those in need, it will be much more beneficial then being a scold mod on a dying internet forum.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Well killing those that are forcibly removing you from your apartment is the only way to not be removed out of your apartment. If you have a "less violent" or "better" way to not be kicked out of your "goddamn apartment", please share this divine knowledge with those in need, it will be much more beneficial then being a scold mod on a dying internet forum.

in your scenario his is still removed from his apartment, it’s just in a body bag

Ardent Communist
Oct 17, 2010

ALLAH! MU'AMMAR! LIBYA WA BAS!

YOLOsubmarine posted:

in your scenario his is still removed from his apartment, it’s just in a body bag

When they kick down your front door, how you gonna go? Shot down on the pavement, or waiting in death row?

Ardent Communist has issued a correction as of 06:55 on Sep 20, 2020

Jose
Jul 24, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
https://twitter.com/jason_koebler/status/1308062594935087108?s=20

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

https://twitter.com/jason_koebler/status/1308066776580870146?s=21

lol

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
Christ alive

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i like this idea

https://twitter.com/ElSangito/status/1307758247240065024?s=20

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Ardent Communist posted:

When they kick down your front door, how you gonna go? Shot down on the pavement, or waiting in death row?
Not emptyquote if this is D&D, I don't remember.

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

yes and the medium should be photography

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

the guy got back into his apartment within a few minutes of being removed, something that would not have been possible if he'd turned the illegal eviction into a murder-suicide

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Main Paineframe posted:

the guy got back into his apartment within a few minutes of being removed, something that would not have been possible if he'd turned the illegal eviction into a murder-suicide

As always, tailor your individual solution to your specific needs.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

It's a reflection in the glasses of a kid sleeping in a car looking at Rich Kids of Instagram on a phone.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Main Paineframe posted:

see incrementalism works

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Main Paineframe posted:

you dork

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

I mean you aren’t exactly out there killing landlords

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I humbly offer my services as forum inquisitor. There is absolutely no way I would abuse this power in any way.

Good morning Guillotine Thread, and happy new year!

Today marks the start of year CCXXIX (that’s 229) in the French Revolutionary Calendar. The date is the 1st of Vendémiaire.

May your year be full of shortened monarchs and counter-revolutionaries, friends!

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Here's to another year of permanent headache relief for the rich!

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Presumptive VPOTUS pandemic relief looking typical.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Flowers For Algeria posted:

Good morning Guillotine Thread, and happy new year!

Today marks the start of year CCXXIX (that’s 229) in the French Revolutionary Calendar. The date is the 1st of Vendémiaire.

May your year be full of shortened monarchs and counter-revolutionaries, friends!

Wait did the frech revolutionists really try to start a new calendar, lol

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
hey maybe do something important instead of trying to reinvent the wheel, guys who have been dead for centuries

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

mandatory lesbian posted:

Wait did the frech revolutionists really try to start a new calendar, lol

oh yeah it was a whole stupid thing

nothing peasants love more than a ten day week

Bro Dad has issued a correction as of 12:02 on Sep 23, 2020