Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Orange Devil posted:

Mr Feeney betrayed his class, and will be spared the guillotine for it.

in what way is giving away your personal fortune betraying the billionaire class

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Now if he was, say, funding a revolutionary communist party and showed up to do the dishes at the soup kitchen or something that'd be some real class traitorship

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

spending all my billions to build a life-sized gundam wearing a che guevara t-shirt

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

indigi posted:

in what way is giving away your personal fortune betraying the billionaire class

Most of them prefer to hoard it like dragons, setting the example that your wealth can be taken away from you, willingly or not, is a traitorous precedent for most Big Money in the US at least

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

T-man posted:

Now if he was, say, funding a revolutionary communist party

Main Paineframe posted:

he's cumulatively spent $380 million on social services in Vietnam

?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Most of them prefer to hoard it like dragons, setting the example that your wealth can be taken away from you, willingly or not, is a traitorous precedent for most Big Money in the US at least

this is an absurd reach lol

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

indigi posted:

this is an absurd reach lol

name 1 billionaire who has given away all of their wealth and returned to the middle class

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
:guillotine:

https://twitter.com/haaidyn/status/1308959581477851144?s=20

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

protests working as intended, ticket closed. inform antifa hq to target this dude specifically

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Cup Runneth Over posted:

name 1 billionaire who has given away all of their wealth and returned to the middle class

it still doesn't constitute a betrayal by any definition of the word

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

indigi posted:

it still doesn't constitute a betrayal by any definition of the word

I fail to see how abandoning your class for another is not the very definition of a betrayal but you do you man, I'm not gonna stop you from guillotining anyone who's ever had a net worth over a billion

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 273 days!

Cup Runneth Over posted:

I fail to see how abandoning your class for another is not the very definition of a betrayal but you do you man, I'm not gonna stop you from guillotining anyone who's ever had a net worth over a billion

he's about to die and is using his wealth as a final means of influencing the world

he never gave up anything when it would cost him poo poo

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
He did give a lot of money to Sinn Feinn.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

giving up your own personal wealth in a way that has absolutely no impact on the capitalist system literally isn't betraying poo poo. a betrayal is a violation of some sort of trust. the only people who you could claim he "betrayed" maybe are his kids

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:
It's a betrayal in the same sense that putting up a tennis court in your garden when all your neighbors have a pool is.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

look, we don't want to kill any humans, if there's even a hint that the guy actually is one then we must try to rehabilitate him

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Cup Runneth Over posted:

he didn't give away all of his wealth, nor did he return to the middle class

he's still a multi-millionaire, he kept more than enough to live out the rest of his life in luxury. he simply no longer needed those unspendable billions anymore

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

mandatory lesbian posted:

Wait did the frech revolutionists really try to start a new calendar, lol

yea they had a hardon for base10 systems they even tried to created decimal time.

as an aside base 12 systems are much better for tasks that involve fractions, and day-to-day math/estimations.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Main Paineframe posted:

he didn't give away all of his wealth, nor did he return to the middle class

he's still a multi-millionaire, he kept more than enough to live out the rest of his life in luxury. he simply no longer needed those unspendable billions anymore

money != wealth and multimillionaires aren't even upper class anymore. most people who own homes and are at least middle aged are multimillionaires

come on man this is basic poo poo

also the article says he has always lived frugally and currently resides in a cheap apartment

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Cup Runneth Over posted:

money != wealth and multimillionaires aren't even upper class anymore. most people who own homes and are at least middle aged are multimillionaires

also the article says he has always lived frugally and currently resides in a cheap apartment

Very on topic post. Alarmingly on topic. Distressingly so, even.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

who now will sing for the multimillionaire home owners in middle age? My parents are pushing 60, one's homeless and the other lives on a farm, neither are close to the big 2,000,001+

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Cup Runneth Over posted:

*Looks at the average annual income which is less than 35k* Oh really thats cool

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Cup Runneth Over posted:

most people who own homes and are at least middle aged are multimillionaires

lol

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

somebody's snitching on themselves to the guillotine committee

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
Comittee of Public Safety is the name you want

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

no euphemisms in the revolution

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
go look it up tho

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

appropo of nothing really

:thermidor:

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

indigi posted:

somebody's snitching on themselves to the guillotine committee

i am not middle-aged, i do not own a home, and i am not a multimillionaire. i just read theory. sorry

chaleski posted:

*Looks at the average annual income which is less than 35k* Oh really thats cool

funny, that. those people arent middle class, the cutoff is $48,500 according to pew

also again money != wealth

Cup Runneth Over has issued a correction as of 02:30 on Sep 25, 2020

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

~I jUsT rEaD tHeOrY~

jinx_player
Aug 25, 2018

I say give them all the chop and let God sort them out

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

T-man posted:

~I jUsT rEaD tHeOrY~

it is helpful to know what some of the words you are using actually mean

jinx_player posted:

I say give them all the chop and let God sort them out

a time-tested strategy

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

It is not even remotely true that your average middle-aged home-owner has multiple millions in assets, lol. Like 200k-500k for the ones who have fully paid off their homes (which I don't think applies to most middle-aged home-owners), maybe, but what you describe is only possible if people both own homes that are worth more than a million dollars and have $1M+ saved up.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

somewhere around 5% of households have a million plus in assets which is, uh, a much smaller number than the percentage of middle aged or older homeowners

What an incredibly stupid idea to have

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

uuuuuh sweaty, i read theory so... heh... looks like you just got Marx'd

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
yeah in Karl Korsch’s Marxism and Philosophy he clearly lays out that all homeowners over middle aged are multimillionaires

for instance, if you own a ranch style rambler with an apparent value of 100k, you actually own ten of them, and have another million dollars in liquid cash, and this is universally true according to theory.

elderly black lady in neighborhood that hasn’t gentrified yet that owns a house in disrepair? multimillionaire. guy who works as a waiter with his paraprofessional wife and kid whose parents helped them with the down payment fifteen years ago? multi. millionaire.

read your theory god it’s all right there

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010
anyone who makes more than $40k USD deserves the blade

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
So... Therapists and nurses? Train engineers and truck drivers? Vets and be mass spectrometrists? Machinists and equipment operators too?

Basically everyone outside the service economy?

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Who Is Paul Blart posted:

anyone who makes more than $4k USD deserves the blade

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010

Speleothing posted:

So... Therapists and nurses? Train engineers and truck drivers? Vets and be mass spectrometrists? Machinists and equipment operators too?

Basically everyone outside the service economy?

yes