Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002

zegermans posted:

you use mother of pearl because a normal metal spoon would gently caress up the taste supposedly. TBH plastic spoons should be just as inert. Also there's no way they were serving real caviar, that's probably that seaweed stuff I saw on How It's Made.

I don't think anyone going to mar-a-lago cares anything about taste

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

JHVH-1 posted:

I don't think anyone going to mar-a-lago cares anything about taste

quite the contrary, they care a great deal

they're just stupid mentally-stunted creatures who would be pitiable if not for their economic status

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

MizPiz posted:

A place where women can feel comfortable posting their Mueller fap-fiction without being made fun of.

CSPAM is a safe space

:justpost:

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Luv 2 Dress like an evil cyberpunk CEO

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Dreddout posted:

:roflolmao: she looks like she's ordering a subordinate to activate the elite Corporate Kill Team to go hunt down Robocop's grandson. :roflolmao:

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
So this tweet has been making a stir in comics Twitter

https://twitter.com/JonMalin/status/955246168736444421

Edit posted this in the wrong thread but gently caress it good enough

BENGHAZI 2 has issued a correction as of 10:41 on Jan 23, 2018

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Peanut President posted:

what does that even mean

taking her literally i think she means that women should have sensors and transponders and poo poo grafted into them. you know, like we do with pets.

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

first 0day drops and women are spinning in circles making GBS threads themselves everywhere

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Peanut President posted:

what does that even mean

an internet of women is a straight upgrade over binders of women

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

Peanut President posted:

what does that even mean

Jeb!

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo

Shear Modulus posted:

taking her literally i think she means that women should have sensors and transponders and poo poo grafted into them. you know, like we do with pets.

:blush:

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

That's your answer for everything.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Dreddout posted:

Im ready for the shadowrun future

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Kurtofan posted:

Im ready for the shadowrun future

"Future"?!

pushpins
Sep 11, 2006

Title text (optional; no images are allowed, only text)
What ever happened to that IMF guy who raped a hotel maid?.

Edit: This fits well

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2012/dec/10/dominique-strauss-kahn-case-settled

quote:

Hotel maid who alleged sexual assault by the former IMF chief settles civil action case, bringing end to lengthy court battle

quote:

having earlier seen criminal charges of attempted rape dropped...he is yet to hear if prosecutors in France will be allowed to pursue charges of aggravated pimping related to an alleged prostitution ring in France.

pushpins has issued a correction as of 22:27 on Jan 24, 2018

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

The Nastier Nate posted:

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/03/24/budget-breakdown-of-couple-making-500000-a-year-and-feeling-average.html

The end game of capitalism will be millionaires buying up the IPO of "International Guillotines LLC"

Hahahahha, $2000/month on food and 3 vacations a year, averaging $6000 each. Almost $800/month spent on clothes.

So what's the deal with Trudeau? Is he just a typical Obama-esque liberal? Or is he a person like Macron or Merkel who is basically just a conservative that uses some rhetoric about social justice that liberals like (or is merely opposed to Trump)? Wikipedia seems to indicate more the former.

It's always the most pathetic thing when liberals hold these folks up as icons. Someone in the Trump thread posted some Trudeau tweet and said how "it was totally a dig at Trump" when it wasn't at all and was just a normal tweet. It's like they view everything through this bizarre lens where a bunch of clean-cut/well-spoken (read: wealthy) people are valiantly battling the crude and rude Trump.

vvv To be fair they apparently have 2 kids IIRC, but it's still a lot. I think the three $6000 vacations and spending "literally more than most people spend on rent" each month on clothes are the biggest stand-outs. (I mean, most people don't even get enough time off work to take 3 vacations, and that cost heavily implies a vacation lasting at least a week or two and involving some pretty high class lodging, etc)

Ytlaya has issued a correction as of 22:54 on Jan 24, 2018

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Ytlaya posted:

Hahahahha, $2000/month on food and 3 vacations a year, averaging $6000 each. Almost $800/month spent on clothes.

gently caress that's like 30 bucks a meal for a couple holy poo poo

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
:goshawk: is the new currency of business.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Ytlaya posted:

So what's the deal with Trudeau? Is he just a typical Obama-esque liberal? Or is he a person like Macron or Merkel who is basically just a conservative that uses some rhetoric about social justice that liberals like (or is merely opposed to Trump)?

Yes.

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

Jane Fonda on Trudeau posted:

I guess the lesson is we shouldn’t be fooled by good-looking liberals no matter how well-spoken they are

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

Trudeau is a privileged rich kid whose daddy was a popular Liberal PM. He's basically a generic milquetoast liberal who holds lots of safely popular progressive social views while brushing aside or betraying any issue that might actually create positive structural change.

Much like Obama, Trudeau is poo poo but the media slobbers all over his knob because he's charismatic. Also much like Obama, he's still better than the alternative.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Wheeee posted:

Trudeau is a privileged rich kid whose daddy was a popular Liberal PM. He's basically a generic milquetoast liberal who holds lots of safely popular progressive social views while brushing aside or betraying any issue that might actually create positive structural change.

Much like Obama, Trudeau is poo poo but the media slobbers all over his knob because he's charismatic. Also much like Obama, he's still better than the alternative.

I was under the impression he was genuinely good on refugees and had actually done things to facilitate Canada accepting more than it had previously.

The Dipshit
Dec 21, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Captain_Maclaine posted:

I was under the impression he was genuinely good on refugees and had actually done things to facilitate Canada accepting more than it had previously.

Negatory. There is still a long line of sponsors looking to bring in refugees.

Short critique here: http://ccrweb.ca/en/private-sponsorship-refugees

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/anildash/status/956528648256999425

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

WSJ posted:

Bankers at Davos: Can Anything Stop the Good Times?

“It does feel to me a little bit like 2006,” said Jes Staley, chief executive of British lender Barclays PLC. “‘Maybe we’ve solved the riddle of economic cycles’—that’s what we were all saying. We really got that wrong.”

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
lmao

yeah let's keep the davos quotes coming please

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Bankers are truly the brilliant masters of the universe

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Peanut President posted:

what does that even mean

We are going to turn women into network devices, rendering even the most consolidated of data centers obsolete.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Lol...”shame the rich”

I can think of some better tactics to redistribute their wealth.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Ytlaya posted:

So what's the deal with Trudeau? Is he just a typical Obama-esque liberal? Or is he a person like Macron or Merkel who is basically just a conservative that uses some rhetoric about social justice that liberals like (or is merely opposed to Trump)? Wikipedia seems to indicate more the former.

these are both the same thing, also yes

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

i'm glad public perception is turning towards "hey why do they need all that money anyway"

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

That's not real...is it? What the gently caress?

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Grem posted:

That's not real...is it? What the gently caress?

Of course it is.

It's poverty tourism under the guise of learning how to understand the poor people better, often ending with a sales pitch for someone's for-profit market-based solution to poverty.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Ytlaya posted:

I'm more wondering about almost $3000/mo on sports and lessons for their kids

Is the sport in question fox hunting, or is that figure just how the parents justify an exclusive country club membership

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

wizard on a water slide posted:

Is the sport in question fox hunting, or is that figure just how the parents justify an exclusive country club membership

its probably like ann romneys therapy horse

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Shear Modulus posted:

Which they used as a tax write-off.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Which they used as a tax write-off.

the sporting hobby/investment vehicle/deductible medical expense was a work of art

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Shear Modulus posted:

Nothing says “point me to the nearest guillotine” like a thoroughbred dancing horse.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

wizard on a water slide posted:

Children’s Lessons ($12,000): It’s a competitive world out there and these parents want the best for their kids. The kids are taking violin lessons, Mandarin lessons, and tennis lessons throughout the year. At an average cost of $1,000 a month, they believe this money is well spent. How else are they going to be able to get into private grade school that costs up to $50,000 a year? They’re feeling the pressure at work, so their kids might as will feel the pressure in school.

really, this articles got it all
https://www.financialsamurai.com/scraping-by-on-500000-a-year-high-income-earners-struggling/

Main Paineframe has issued a correction as of 04:12 on Jan 28, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Main Paineframe posted:

Children’s Lessons ($12,000): It’s a competitive world out there and these parents want the best for their kids. The kids are taking violin lessons, Mandarin lessons, and tennis lessons throughout the year. At an average cost of $1,000 a month, they believe this money is well spent. How else are they going to be able to get into private grade school that costs up to $50,000 a year? They’re feeling the pressure at work, so their kids might as will feel the pressure in school.

really, this articles got it all
https://www.financialsamurai.com/scraping-by-on-500000-a-year-high-income-earners-struggling/

To be fair, the mandarin lessons are probably worth it. The Chinese corporate fiefdom is gonna take over this country in 20 years easy.