Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

One of the most mind-bogglingly idiotic, hateful, and plain ignorant things I've ever read was Adam Carolla's "Minimum Wage Gilded Cage" essay where he rips lowly workers for having the audacity to mildly inconvenience him by following the rules of their lovely thankless jobs. He compares this horrible tragedy to slavery or Japanese internment camps, I'm not exaggerating. It's been a decade or so since I've read it but I dont remember him directing his ire towards anyone but the lowly workers who are only following the rules of their jobs to keep bread on the table but I doubt Carolla would expend the brainpower to do anything other than poo poo on people beneath him anyway. It's also got bits of homophobia and sexism towards a "bull dyke" which is a nice extra touch.

I sincerely hate Carolla and hope he dies a protracted painful death in a part of the world without painkillers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Who Is Paul Blart posted:

owning a car is enough to warrant execution after the revolution

If America got good public transit I would gladly get rid of my loving car, no more maintenance/insurance/registration etc? gently caress yeah sign me up

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Ayn Rand called anyone who used social programs a parasite and she herself used Social Security and Medicare late in life, so she wasn't entirely wrong

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Cup Runneth Over posted:

lmao her argument is literally "the welfare state is stealing from me so taking from it is just taking back the money stolen from me"

I've literally heard this argument in real life verbatim more than once

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

This bullshit just popped up in my news feed and the whole thing is full of quotes that make me loving sick to my stomach:

https://nypost.com/2020/09/14/why-one-very-rich-woman-says-we-need-to-talk-about-money/amp/

quote:

That was just the start. After Risher gave birth to her first daughter, her husband’s career vaulted into the stratosphere.

“Initially, when David joined Amazon, I had just had a baby, and I didn’t identify as a stay-at-home mom. I didn’t identify as a wealthy woman.”

Just co-opting terminology used for gender identity to make me feel better about my lavish self-indulgent lifestyle, man it's rough being a millionaire white Karen.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Cup Runneth Over posted:

money != wealth and multimillionaires aren't even upper class anymore. most people who own homes and are at least middle aged are multimillionaires

come on man this is basic poo poo

also the article says he has always lived frugally and currently resides in a cheap apartment

*Looks at the average annual income which is less than 35k* Oh really thats cool

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Holy gently caress, Meg Whitman was the CEO of Quibi, how did i miss that? :lmao: Last I remember she failed to buy her way into being California's governer, she is the human embodiment of the term "failing upwards."

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Marx Was A Lib posted:

lol holy poo poo you're not kidding

https://www.thedailybeast.com/peloton-removes-qanon-hashtags-from-virtual-classes

this is an amazing rabbit hole

What the gently caress

Why is everything so goddamn stupid all the time

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

You have GOT to be loving kidding me

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Yeah tow truck drivers are trash and deserve all the bad things in life, no sympathy for those parasites

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Flesh Forge posted:

https://twitter.com/VtheEsquire/status/1431000399960543238

he's all "haha my master troll has made everyone so mad"

I have a feeling if the delivery guy squeezed past his car like his line indicates he'd bitch about that too

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

My head's still reeling from the fact that loving BP pushed the whole "personal carbon footprint" thing of the early 00s

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Halloween Jack posted:

(I don't know what the first and second priorities are and I'm not going to look it up.)

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

It should be lower-middle class, just well off enough to not literally starve or wind up homeless and die of exposure but not comfortable enough to ever take a day or two off work or do anything fun without repeatedly checking their bank account for the rest of their lives

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

https://twitter.com/RadioGenova/status/1639187461577363456?s=20

lmao the French are going to be ramping up guillotine production pretty soon

Incredible