Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

that's an expensive rear end place

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Cup Runneth Over posted:

it's for 4 people

oh that makes way more sense

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

Yes. For profit insurance should absolutely be abolished as it almost always represents a failure of a social safety net that should exist in the first place. Also hurricane insurance shouldn't exist and shouldn't payout unless the home was constructed to be expected to survive 20feet sea-swells (50feet by 2050).

that's a wild pivot

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Thanatosian posted:

I'll loving tolerate a certain level of grift from the rich

this thread is named guillotine.txt

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

christmas boots posted:

Units of measurement are instruments of bourgeois imperialism so that's a yikes to mr Robespierre imo

I mean that’s what the French Revolution was, fundamentally

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

ehhhh. I doubt he's made restitution to all the people whose labor he exploited to make a billion dollars in the first place, and now he can't afford to. so gently caress em still.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Orange Devil posted:

Mr Feeney betrayed his class, and will be spared the guillotine for it.

in what way is giving away your personal fortune betraying the billionaire class

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Most of them prefer to hoard it like dragons, setting the example that your wealth can be taken away from you, willingly or not, is a traitorous precedent for most Big Money in the US at least

this is an absurd reach lol

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Cup Runneth Over posted:

name 1 billionaire who has given away all of their wealth and returned to the middle class

it still doesn't constitute a betrayal by any definition of the word

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

giving up your own personal wealth in a way that has absolutely no impact on the capitalist system literally isn't betraying poo poo. a betrayal is a violation of some sort of trust. the only people who you could claim he "betrayed" maybe are his kids

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Cup Runneth Over posted:

most people who own homes and are at least middle aged are multimillionaires

lol

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

somebody's snitching on themselves to the guillotine committee

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

no euphemisms in the revolution

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

If you make too many people "the enemy" that must be executed, you are just a less racist but more jealous hitler. hth.

wrongo

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

scary ghost dog posted:

i dont think leffen is american for whatever its worth

it’s not worth anything

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Peanut President posted:

isn't threatening to fine someone for voting wrong illegal

absolutely! but see, this isn't a threat, it's just a statement of facts,

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Tubgoat posted:

What on earth is a golf simulator?

a box you stand in and hit a golf ball against a net or some other kind of back stop that has a few radar units to measure the speed and trajectory (and spin I think) of the ball and can tell you how far/where the ball would have went, often displaying it visually against said back stop

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I was looking it up to find an example and it looks like all the new ones don't even have the little houselike element. it's all this

on older ones that entire area would be enclosed by like nylon fabric or netting

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

T-man posted:

these will come in handy when all golfcorses are nationalized and turned into affordable housing or farms, depending.

inshallah

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

[black folk],

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Joe Gillian posted:

What's your solution to "scabs existing"?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

T-man posted:

the goons freaking out about this have big "has never been a janitor and are thinking of them for the first time and overreacting to cover their shameful acts in the past" energy

I was a janitor for a year and let me say: gently caress those slobs for creating extra work due to laziness. put your loving garbage in the trash can

can I get gum out of a carpet: of course
do I want to: nope

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

scary ghost dog posted:

chopping the heads off of the ostentatiously wealthy is epic af and you had better believe i invented a complex dilution system to make sure the guys who clean up the scaffolds dont have to do any extra work, those poor souls

I hope you did your stretching before this reach

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I demand the right to throw my trash wherever I want because ADULTING is HARD! 😤😤

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

lotta people who've never stayed to clean up after a protest in a public space too

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

seven years in Siberia you revisionist. you filthy wrecker.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

what a piece of poo poo. guillotine for sure

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

that’s how I feel about cops

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

wtf is Trader Zoe’s

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

smug jeebus posted:

How is it a phishing test if it's literally from your employer? How are the employess to figure out that a company e-mail is illegitimate? That doesn't make any drat sense

you can spoof that, but in any case I don’t think it’s normal for your boss to ask you for your address and poo poo (which they presumably already have). I wouldn’t have filled it out without asking someone

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I hate having to include rich probably-libertarian dickheads in the working class but god dammit it must be done

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Complications posted:

Google software engineers are douches, but all workers should be unionized. Collective bargaining for everyone. Or AK-47s. Workers' choice.

can't leave it up to choice because then you could take the AK but get all the benefits of the union anyway while the union members don't get the benefit of your AK. give workers both

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Ytlaya posted:

Someone on a reasonably high 6-figure income can easily end up accruing more than a million dollars, which is enough to maintain higher than the median individual income off the returns alone.

I don't think it's the same as someone who is super wealthy, but I also don't think it's the same as most normal working class people. Someone in such a position could easily come to the self-interested semi-rational position that the status quo is preferable to left-wing goals. They don't have anything to clearly and directly gain from left policies and, as a result, benefit from defense of the status quo.

vvv

yeah I feel like someone who can live solely off their investments but chooses not to in order to accrue more money or keep a ridiculous standard of living is a member of the capitalist class even though they “work”

e: and I don’t mean subsistence level living, I’m talking about the ability to live comfortably in their chosen geographic location solely off passive income, so it’s a different standard for someone who lives in Idaho vs Manhattan

indigi has issued a correction as of 21:50 on Jan 12, 2021

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

A Buttery Pastry posted:

e: Your argument is basically that any income above what's needed to not die makes you bourgeois.

no it isn’t, lol. read what they wrote again. a landlord who makes $100,000/year from their properties but still works a job won’t suddenly lose all their holdings if they quit, that property will continue to generate income whether or not they work

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Then you go on a waiting list for it after people who need it

means testing but communist I don't think there's a better solution unfortunately but that's what it is

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I'm asking about luxury items like an iphone or piece of art or a Ferrari or something.

an iphone or something like it is arguably a necessity, I don't see why art wouldn't be commissioned or traded on a personal basis, and things like Ferraris probably wouldn't exist as they do today. they'd still make cars like that for racing or as engineering feats but it would be like rocket ships are now, not really for personal consumption or use

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Some people are into cars

I don’t see how a desire translates into a necessary privilege

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Tubgoat posted:

Ferraris would be produced to demand

no they wouldn't lol. a Ferrari is primarily a race car, people don't "need" race cars. would locomotives also be produced to demand? would everyone have their own train?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

in the suburbs and rural areas public transportation, in addition to set routes and schedules, would probably have to work partially like Uber as things are currently constructed