Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
The fact that people feel justified in paying for a subscription for a service and then not using it because there are better unofficial options is a testament to just how lovely their service is.

I do like the cr phone app... hm is there an SJA phone app?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
If I could easily reread a single series from all the months I've bought I'd be more inclined to use it. I was hoping to reread HxH to catch up on the hiatus with chapters that make sense. Except I can't anyway since my subscription had run out lol

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Batoto is shutting down

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
There's now a site called Manga Window using batoto's domain. Can't say I think much of their page setup right now, though.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Just checked bato.to, and, no?

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Just checked bato.to, and, no?

Your DNS server isn't updated yet.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Ah, makes sense.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

So did they actually pay all that cash for the domain

dang

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

El Burbo posted:

So did they actually pay all that cash for the domain

dang

How much did it end up going for?

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Just checked again, and it no longer redirects. Weird.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
Has anybody been able to import their follows list onto Mangadex successfully? I'm following the instructions but I'm just getting a "something is wrong with your JSON" error.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

It took mine but it still hasn't been processed.

Astro Ambulance
Dec 25, 2008

I put mine in a few days ago and it was working within a few hours.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
I also put mine in.
Didn't know I'd need the actual JSON file, so I had to go to vatoto for it. But once I did, i just opened up the import page and refreshed every 10 mins or so until it said the server couls take it and then i pasted and hit enter. It worked soon after.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

C.M. Kruger posted:

Has anybody been able to import their follows list onto Mangadex successfully? I'm following the instructions but I'm just getting a "something is wrong with your JSON" error.

A few people have been getting this error from what I've heard, haven't seen any of their data though. If you don't mind, pastebin the JSON and post it on the Discord and mention @Hologfx and @Teasday. I'll be back in a couple hours but unless someone helps you out first I'll check out if the JSON is valid (it really should be) and if it is I'll bug Holo to fix his code.

Edit: Actually after checking the discussion from last night they've been talking about the JSON import a lot, so it's probably enough just to go and ask for an ETA. Your problem is probably known already.

tiistai fucked around with this message at 09:50 on Jan 31, 2018

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Paracelsus posted:

Just checked again, and it no longer redirects. Weird.

It's redirecting to a new site now

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Is there any news about the new site?

I clicked on an old batoto link for a laugh after reading the site went down, and was surprised that it not only took me to a valid site, but to the actual manga I had bookmarked.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
I haven't heard much about it, I'd have to look to see if it's in the spirit of the old one or a ripper site.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
The new site at bato.to? It's a regular old scraper

It's also a bit of a mess in some cases, such as having Mousou Telepathy twice

tiistai fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Feb 8, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Yeah, just checked the login page and it says you can share an account with mangapark.

• Locked thread