Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Serge Painsbourg
Jul 26, 2016

On one hand, I hope they adapt the Enigma of Amigara Fault because that's one of his best. On the other hand, the show isn't that great and I don't think it would be able to do the story justice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serge Painsbourg
Jul 26, 2016

And More posted:

The Souichi stories genuinely seem to have the most effort put into them. They also benefit way more from the added movement because of all the wacky chases (and the nail shooting).

The Souichi segments convinced me that the creators of the show want to do a comedy anime with horror elements rather than a straightforward horror anime. Ito's sense of humor, when it comes through, is pretty lighthearted - case in point, the cat diary - and the Souichi stories fit that bill perfectly. They don't understand how to adapt the creepiness of most of his other work. It doesn't help that they spent all of :10bux: on the animation, either.

Serge Painsbourg
Jul 26, 2016

The second one felt like three separate stories mashed together instead of one coherent story. Which story or stories was it based off of?

Serge Painsbourg
Jul 26, 2016

Although, that being said, it was one the better adaptations, even if felt disjointed. The show managed to get a good creepy atmosphere going for that story, which is more than can be said for a lot of the other ones. The stories with less motion work better.

Serge Painsbourg
Jul 26, 2016

I worked chicken fryers in a deli during college, and the oil clung to everything. Greased got a visceral shudder out of me.

cyberbug posted:

They animated Glyceride, the fuckers. The first time I actually had to look away from the screen (in the pimple "popping" scene).

BTW, has anyone else been reading Thomas Ligotti? I find him a pretty close literary equivalent to Junji Ito.

How so? I'm not familiar with Ligotti, but Junji Ito's horror always struck me as being close to Kafka or Lovecraft.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serge Painsbourg
Jul 26, 2016

A new one-shot! This one's pretty good.

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Layers-of-Fear

• Locked thread