Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Footless Max

Footless Max was once an enforcer in "The Blood Crocks", one of the gangs that dominated life in the under-forge. Life was good. He had a crew of gangers, a turf of his own, and what passes for wealth, down amongst the dregs of Aes III. It all came to an end when the capo of the gang died in an "accident" Max backed the wrong horse in the succession fight, and ended up having to flee for his life after Jax "Hammer" decided to purge the gang of anyone who had opposed him. Max drifted through the upper levels of the deep-forge for a while, surviving on his quick wit and quicker gun. Probably would have died all alone down there, had he not run into a lost crew of techies, searching for their arky-treasure. He'd helped them find their way back to a safe exit in exchange for a few ration packs and some ammo. They told him about the great treasures hidden far below the surface, and the great dangers. He'd known about the latter, but the former intrigued him. The crew asked him to be their hidden back-up when they met their contact, which turned out to be a wise precaution, as the meet was clearly a set-up. Half the crew ended up in the recycling tanks, but so did the treacherous contact and his goons. The survivors scattered to the ducts, but they let Max have one of the trinkets they'd found. Now he's offering his services as a guide to other seekers; the lure of wealth beyond measure has drawn him, as well as the prospect of being part of a crew again.

Max's Item

He'd thought it was a lantern at first. It's small box about 8x4x4 inches, with a metal handle on top. On the sides, near the bottom, there are a number of buttons and switches. Above that, the four sides glow softly in a few colors, although Max can't figure out what makes it change colors. Attached from the bottom is a metal pole about two feet long, linked to the box by a wire. The whole apparatus is a lot lighter than it seems like it should be, and so far, hasn't run out of charge. Which is good, because Max isn't sure how to recharge it.

pre:
Name: Footless Max
Homeworld: Forge World
Background: Outcast
Role: Seeker
Aptitudes: Intelligence, Fieldcraft, Fellowship, Ballistic Skill, Perception, Social, Tech
Divination:  Truth is subjective

Characteristics:  

WS:   25
BS:   35 (+10)
S:    25
T:    30
Agi:  35 (+10)
Int:  40 (+10)
Per:  38 (+10+3)
WP:   25
Fel:  45 (+20+5)
Inf:  25

Wounds: 12
Fate: 3

Insanity: 0
Corruption: 0

Skills:

Acrobatics
Awareness
Charm + 10
Common Lore (Underworld)
Deceive +10
Dodge
Medicae
Navigate Surface
Scrutiny
Security
Stealth
Survival
Tech Use

Talents:

Clues From the Crowds
Keen Intuition
Technical Knock
Weapon Training (Chain, SP)

Abilities:

Omnissiah's Chosen
Never Quit
Nothing Escapes my Sight

Gear:
Autopistol Pistol 30m S/–/6 1d10+2 I 0 18 Full — 
Chainsword Melee — 1d10+2 R 2 Balanced, Tearing
Shotgun (Combat) Basic 30m S/3/– 1d10+4 I 0 18 Full Scatter
Flak Vest Body 3 60 
Injector
2 doses of Obscura
Photo-visors

Acquisitions:
Combat Shotgun
Photo-visors

XP Spent       1500/1500

Awareness (100)
Charm (100)
Charm +10 (200)
Clues from the Crowds (200)
Deceive +10 (200)
Fellowship +5 (100)
Medicae (100)
Navigate Surface (100)
Scrutiny (100)
Security (100)
Survival (100)
Tech Use (100)
starting rolls: 1d5 4 1d10 2 1d100 28

sullat fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Jan 15, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sullat
Jan 9, 2012
Finished my character. Was going to get more obscura for an acquisition, but it turns out that poo poo is rare? I guess in the grim darkness of the future, space-weed is harder to get than space-meth. Truly a dystopian future.

sullat fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Jan 13, 2018

sullat
Jan 9, 2012
"It belongs in a private collection!"

sullat
Jan 9, 2012
The Plague father bestows his gifts upon you, rejoice!

sullat
Jan 9, 2012
Footless Max

Well, I talked to a guy who knows a guy who's putting together a team. Been asking around about the others. Here's what I've heard:

Adept Chatto: The team's cog-boy. Or, cog-girl? Does it even matter with the techies? Hope we're looking for something good.
Daniel McFarr: Apparently he's a witch? That can't be right, aren't we supposed to burn them? Or turn them into servitors? Well, not my problem.
Boomer: A ex-Guardsman. Someone who couldn't dodge the press gangs, I guess. Poor bastard. They say he likes to burn things. Maybe he's here because of the witch?

• Locked thread