Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug

Iggi the Spider

If you're wonderin' what kind of spider is as strong and smashy as it is sneaky, well, you never met the spiders where I'm from. Twice as tall as a man, with a scream you could feel in your bones. They'd peel open shacks and suck out the meaty bits inside. I got the name from my resemblance, and because I'm right smashy. Like the spiders. The spiders were tasty, too. Not sure if I'm tasty. Anyway, the key was to kill 'em in one or two hits, real fast, so they couldn't return the favor. I was good at hunting 'em, but then again if you weren't good you didn't live. A spider could feed a settlement for a week, or even longer if you had some mutants who could tolerate eatin' the poison bits. So that's what I did: I smashed spiders and then dragged the carcass to the nearest settlement, sold the meat I didn't keep for myself. Spent the clink on drinks and female company.

Anyway, so one day this noble-looking guy shows up with a whole gaggle of idjits in tow, sayin' he's a big game hunter and he's gonna hunt him a spider. Called it a "Proxi IV Underhive Megarachnid," which seemed pretty dumb to me at the time. I wasn't aware there were any other kinds of spider, see. Figured everybody just had to put up with the things. He wants a local guide, and he's offerin' major clink. I figure that, hey, maybe I'll buy a new head for my spider-smashin' axe. All I gotta do is make sure these guys don't get eaten. How hard could it be?

Well, they got eaten, mostly because they insisted on killin' it themselves. I tried to tell 'em guns were no good, but they just laughed at the big dumb mutant. See, the spiders didn't really have much in the way of vital spots like people do. To kill 'em you had to either completely smash the head or inflict a wound big enough that they'd bleed out real fast. Little holes like from bullets and lasguns just pissed 'em off. So pretty soon the only one left is the main noble guy, and he's my meal ticket, so I rush in and kill the spider. Off goes the head, he gets drenched in green ichor, but at least he's alive. I was a bit worried he wouldn't pay, since I ran in when he told me not to, but he was... well, he was pretty much blubbering and kissing my feet. Said he was a "rogue trader." I told him I wasn't in the market for rogues. So after he explains what that means, he offers to hire me on as a bodyguard of sorts. Well, I said, it beats spending the rest of my life in the spider caves.

It's been a couple years since then. Turns out my spider strategy works pretty well on all kinds of critters. Just kill 'em before they kill you. Easy. Anyway, the bossman had some kind of long-standin' deal with the cogs. They fix up his ship for free, in return he lends them some of his talent when they need it. And the thing is, the ship got tore up real bad recently. Bit off more than we could chew against some orks. Now we're stuck in drydock for like, a year. I was going stircrazy, so I volunteered as soon as I heard the cogs had asked him for some mercenary assistance. And I gotta say, it's been pretty fun. Been too long since I got to wander around in endless tunnels and caves. It's like being back home, except with less spiders. And it's so simple: just keep the cogheads from getting murdered by whatever monster they insist on poking, smash any hereteks I find, and at the end of the expedition I get more clink and shiny stuff than I know what to do with. Oh, they're a little uncomfortable about havin' me around, but that discomfort goes away real quick when something shows up in need of smashing. Heh heh. Good times.

Iggi's Archaeotech Item

It's a long leather glove, reaching most of the way up the left forearm. There's a plastic box mounted on the forearm portion. The box is covered in dozens of small worn buttons. They look like they were once labeled, but the paint is long gone. When the buttons are pressed, a small clear area on the right face of the box displays a variety of glowing orange symbols, none of which Iggi can parse. Three red wires run from the box along the wrist and connect to a thin metal plate in the center of the palm. Five more wires extend from the plate. The wires run up the fingers of the glove, connecting to tiny metal circles on the fingertips. The metal portions of the glove are perpetually ice-cold to the touch and have a faint iridescent sheen.

pre:
Name: Iggi the Spider
Homeworld: Hive World
Background: Mutant
Role: Assassin
Aptitudes: Perception, Offence, Agility, Weapon Skill, Fieldcraft, Finesse, Strength*
Divination: Be a boon to your allies and the bane of your enemies. (Free Hatred)

Characteristics:

WS:   40 (+15)
BS:   25
S:    40 (+15)
T:    30 (+5)
Agi:  40 (+10)
Int:  25
Per:  40 (+10)
WP:   20
Fel:  25
Inf:  30 (+5)

Wounds: 12