Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Thanks for the thread KungFu Grip. I miss you making the threads. Can I have your stuff when you die from having to watch TWO Royal Rumbles in one show?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Aphrodite posted:

Broken Matt was bad too.

In the earlier segment Alexa tells Asuka she's going to regret what she called Nia.

If Alexa is supposed to have just been making that up, that first segment doesn't make any sense at all.

So Nia is just a moron and maybe racist.

Pretty much. Alexa and Nia are jerks here.

Nia is probably losing next week as well (or it will end in a no contest). People are speculating this will be Asuka's first real feud (Nia/Asuka) until Elimination Chamber. I say until Elimination Chamber because if they double eliminate each other at the Royal Rumble (or Asuka gets hosed over by Nia, or vice versa), they'll probably face off in a #1 contenders match at Elimination Chamber, assuming the women don't have a chamber match. I do not think Nia is winning the Rumble though, and anyone who thinks otherwise has never seen a Rumble before. I don't think many giants win the Rumble. They tend to be the victim to the "everyone gangs up on them and tosses the giant out" trope WWE loves.

It would possibly help Asuka get over with more casual viewers if they let her toss/suplex Nia around for a bit as well. The only thing that irritates me about this is if what is posted above is true, Alexa most likely won't be defending the title until Wrestlemania.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Jan 9, 2018

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

a new study bible! posted:

I loled at "Asuka doesn't speak English."

Yeah, that's probably something that isn't going to be brought back up next week, considering WWE blew that to pieces fairly quickly. It would probably have more credence if Nia said: "Asuka's English isn't that great."

But its WWE.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Aphrodite posted:

Even if you consider that they might not have known the Goldust/Asuka taped segment was going to air just before that, she still had an English conversation with Alexa earlier on the show that this was a direct follow-up to.

It's amazing.

So what I've learned from this entire thing is that Nia is a horrible racist jerk as a result of this. At least Alexa never actually insinuated that Asuka doesn't speak English.

(I know its WWE booking but still)

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Samoa Joe is injured according to PWInsider. He had won the fan vote, but apparently now its Bayley and Elias teaming up.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
So Nia and Asuka are acting catty with each other on twitter. It's really loving terrible and I hate this angle already.

Nia made a remark about how Asuka doesn't speak english, and how that electric chair drop and senton got her point across because "Asuka doesn't understand English, so this is the only thing she understands."

Asuka responded with a message in Japanese.

This is where things get pretty goddamn terrible. Nia responded with "OH GREAT NOW YOU ARE RESPONDING WITH RIDDLES/NONSENSE"

And Asuka responded with "You stole my snacks, I'm going to beat you up!"

I hate this angle. And I hate whoever wrote this angle.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

MassRafTer posted:

WWE is good at swerves I wouldn't have expected Nia to be the racist one in this feud!

Well you see, she's not like most girls (who aren't racist).

I think the only way this feud can get worse is if WWE starts having Asuka call Nia Jax....Nia Fats.

...They are going to do that, aren't they? :negative:

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

VJeff posted:

When did Bray or Jinder interact with Bayley? :confused:

I think he was referring to Alexa barely avoiding Worst Promo, Worst Feud, and Worst Worker. Although she's very close, and probably on track to win it in terms of female work this year.

piss tape israel posted:

Haven't seen any of the Nia-Asuka poo poo but from what I'm reading in here Nia hasn't exactly gone full-Jinder (yet)

Oh she hasn't, but this entire feud is INCREDIBLY stupid. WWE is trying to push the narrative that Asuka cannot speak English. Problem is like 30 minutes earlier, they aired her cutting a promo with Miz (her Mixed Match Challenge partner). And she spoke English. And she speaks English on her twitter. I think the best way out of this is to handwave it away next week and pretend the whole "Asuka cannot speak English" thing was never mentioned.

For what its worth, they may be doing that, considering they never uploaded the Alexa/Nia segment to YouTube or any of their social media accounts.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Hey guess what? RAW 25 will be 5(!) hours long!!!

https://twitter.com/OfficialTCA/status/950875514461409283

Hell yeah, inject 5 hours of terrible writing right into my veins.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Chris James 2 posted:

Oh and the 6 hour Rumble is 6 days after the 5 hour Raw 25

Yeah, so I'm gonna do some math here and figure out how much WWE we are getting that week.

5 Hour RAW
2 Hour Smackdown
30 Minute Mixed Match Challenge (its actually supposed to be like 25 or so, but I'll err on the side of caution)
30 Minute 205 Live
1 Hour NXT
2 Hour NXT Takeover
2 Hour Royal Rumble Kickoff Show
4 Hour Royal Rumble

For those who don't understand, that means we are getting ~17 hours of WWE television. :psyduck:

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
I'm glad WWE finally let TJP be himself.

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/950930412108312577

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Chris James 2 posted:

He's a known MRA

Also don't forget he also loves to spout really stupid stuff like how repealing net neutrality is a good thing because companies will totally not gently caress you over. No sir.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
TMZ reported that Triple H and Ronda met last night.

http://www.tmz.com/2018/01/10/ronda-rousey-triple-h-wwe-dinner/

She's probably getting a WWE deal, but I don't know if she'll make the Rumble still, considering she's filming that day in Colombia.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Senerio posted:

Miz and Asuka are my favorite tag team and also video reaction to a partnership.

"You're my partner?!?!? ...... WE'RE WINNING THIS WHOLE THING!!!!!"

I will only be satisfied if Miz tries to do the "It" kicks while Asuka looks on in disgust, and then shows Miz how to do real "It" kicks on the unfortunate victim in her way.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
PWInsider is reporting that Paige will not be cleared in time for the Rumble. Her injury is worse than expected.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Mixed Match Challenge brackets were posted.

Sorry Becky. You had a good (short) run.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
They seem to have put Miz and Asuka on a fairly easy path to victory. The only question mark is Bliss/Strowman, but I'm pretty sure they can work around that by having Bliss do something dumb like slap Strowman, causing him to throw her to the wolves or something.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Yeah, but Fox's interest is only there if they don't manage to lock UFC down in another deal. Which doesn't seem likely, because aren't UFC and FOX on good terms with each other?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Nipponophile posted:

11 charities about ending horrible diseases and making people's lives better.

And one charity about... rescue dogs...??

Dogs rule. :colbert:

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

RacistGuidingLight posted:

why wouldn't Sami or Becky choose Sami's Serian slop truck?

Its not a registered 501c3 charity.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
PWInsider is reporting Paige is done/finished as an in ring performer for WWE. :smith:

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
If the dog charity wins, J-Ru should lift the ban on posting pictures of dogs in the GDTs. :colbert:

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
The amount of vitriol I've seen directed towards Sasha regarding this Paige thing is absolutely staggering. Death threats, calls for her to be fired, etc.

I hate wrestling fans sometimes.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

VJeff posted:

What about on other websites?

He's been in a full-on victory lap for two days.

Oh its been mostly on social media, not really here. Other sites though aren't so great either though. I've seen calls for her to be fired, death threats, etc.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Stephanie has been posting midnight workout tweets again. Meaning she's probably gearing up for some sort of in ring return. :v:

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
RAW preview is up. The big thing they are teasing is Asuka vs Nia, and how Nia is a massive threat to the undefeated streak. So it'll probably end up with Nia being suplexed/tossed around the ring, because of that segment b/w Nia and Alexa last week. It was bad enough that WWE didn't upload it to any of their media outlets.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Now that I think about it, Nia's role seems to be "minor roadblock on the path to facing Alexa for the title", and that's about it. I don't think WWE has much confidence in her, considering they stuffed her in that comedy love storyline with Enzo. And after last week's acting masterclass, they probably don't have much confidence in her period. The writing was bad, but Nia's delivery was worse than a high school acting class's delivery.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Benne posted:

Would Nia even be employed in WWE if she wasn't related to The Rock?

Probably. She is samoan after all!!! :shepface:

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
I liked Nia the most when she wasn't on TV for a little while last year.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Jan 13, 2018

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

That DICK! posted:

Nia sucks really bad and in the absence of Stephanie is the worst part of the show

In terms of McMahon exposure, while both are still incredibly bad, I've grown to tolerate Stephanie a bit more, since her appearances have been minimal at best as of late. Meanwhile Shane is stealing the spotlight on Smackdown.

Both are still bad though. Like Nia.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
So in today's news of Paige fans are stupid. There are some of them telling Paige she needs to leave WWE and go join Impact Wrestling, as they'll let her wrestle. :psyduck:

Say what you will about Vince, but at least Paige will almost certainly have a cushy job in WWE somewhere and be paid well, and be in good health. Where with Impact, she'll probably paralyze herself and Impact will offer no recompense.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Jerusalem posted:

I mean, outside of how breathlessly stupid that idea is even on the surface, this is the same company that fired a guy who got paralyzed on their show, right?

Yes it is. But "she's 25 so she's going to wrestle again, and Impact is the best place to do it" is a really delusional take.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

rovert posted:

Has to be good news

I don't know how you could infer that from a single tweet.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Say what you will about Asuka or Alexa and their title runs, but this post from another site is just precious (in a bad way).

Apparently the value of a champ is now decided based on how many times they defend the title over how good their matches are. If that's the case, then wrestlers like Okada, etc are all garbage. :colbert:

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Hey Rovert, how reliable are these scoopsmen?

https://twitter.com/PWStream/status/952959550587580421

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Chris James 2 posted:

JR and Lawler back Raw 25

Darkstar are you excited for the potential/horror of Lawler commentating an Asuka match

Considering I've learned to tune out Jerry Lawler commentary, not really. Same with JR, since he's lost his touch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Benne posted:

lol just lol if you're watching Raw instead of Cavs/Warriors tonight

I don't watch any sportsball games. :colbert:

• Locked thread