Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

I find myself kind of modestly intrigued by some stuff on this show. Jordan's storyline is a fresh take on the deluded soon-to-be-heel, the fact that they're leaning so hard into him being an obnoxious tryhard dork who is desperate for approval from the Cool Guys of the Shield and is compelled to constantly try and take shine off his ostensible allies actually feels really organic as a followup to the disaster of his My Black Son storyline and the crummy way the push that came with it played out.

Nia's storyline with Enzo is REALLY interesting. They almost seem like they're setting her up as a modern day Chyna with the relationship with shirtbird Enzo the Undeserving Champ, but I can't see them going all the way to letting her body Cruisers to help Enzo keep his title in TYOOL 2018, so I'm not sure what the point is. They've set her up on a collision course with Asuka way prematurely, but she's been pretty sympathetic with all her worrying over Enzo's flu and now when Alexa tries to manipulate her she's smart enough to easily see through it... but attacks Asuka anyway. There's a lot of nuance here and it feels like its going somewhere, but its murky at this point.

And they're doing something with Factions here. Titus Worldwide gets a big win (even if in a lovely way) over the The Bar on the same night that the Balor Club becomes an official thing and they pick up a clean win, and also the Miztourage gets right in the thick of it. What's the endgame for this, especially with only a couple shows left before the Rumble?

Very curious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Jesus, if they actually do another Taker match after the one with Roman. Forget about the match quality, what the hell about his big retirement leave his gear in the ring thing? What about building for the future by having the biggest icon in your company put the new guy over in his last match? What about Roman's stupid big dog gimmick being based entirely on being the guy who put Taker down? What about the entire story of that match based on the booking being that Taker can't hack it anymore and Roman reluctantly putting him down? Do they even care about their own self-appointed Golden Calf?

• Locked thread