Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«261 »
Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

The most prestigious title in sports entertainment

Lol at ABC commentators earnestly likening Dixon v Rance to Carey v Jakovich

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

I just turned the tv on... why are the umpires wearing yellow on their backs when Richmond is playing in yellow? Seriously how difficult to organise is shirt colouring?

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

lol @ Freo and still holding on to Harley "My Muscles are Broken" Bennell

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

drunkill posted:

And eagles specifically

Well done, you've divided the stats into two categories, reaffirming what we already knew about home advantage, neither of which explain the reasons the frees were given for - like head high tackles, ruck infringements, 50m penalties, marking infringements, out of bounds kicks etc. When a team like the Eagles puts forward pressure on, it leads to mistakes. We also happen to have been the best Ruck side in the comp for a long time, of which players CONSTANTLY got pinged against NicNat/Cox et al. - and we've categorically been a better side than half the competition for over a decade. So until someone actually gives us a break down of what the frees are given for, this is a moot point because the entire competition uses the same loving umpires.

Diet Crack fucked around with this message at Jun 8, 2018 around 12:07

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Weird hill to die on.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Canít wait for whatever Hardwick is going to complain about post game

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

Diet Crack posted:

Well done, you've divided the stats into two categories, reaffirming what we already knew about home advantage, neither of which explain the reasons the frees were given for - like head high tackles, ruck infringements, 50m penalties, marking infringements, out of bounds kicks etc. When a team like the Eagles puts forward pressure on, it leads to mistakes. We also happen to have been the best Ruck side in the comp for a long time, of which players CONSTANTLY got pinged against NicNat/Cox et al. - and we've categorically been a better side than half the competition for over a decade. So until someone actually gives us a break down of what the frees are given for, this is a moot point because the entire competition uses the same loving umpires.

Actually its because West Coast are cheats and the umpires are terrified of their deranged and unstable fan base

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

Gonna keep things in perspective and take the 9-3.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

I assume Ports song tonight was in a different language (local indigenous?) cause for a second there I thought I was having a stroke and had lost the ability to process words.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

If you saw Atlas, the giant who holds the world on his shoulders, if you saw that he stood, blood running down his chest, his knees buckling, and the greater his effort the heavier the world bore down upon his shoulders - What would you tell him?

To Shrug.

Solemn Sloth posted:

Canít wait for whatever Hardwick is going to complain about post game

Probably that kick out of bounds that wasnít called deliberate

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Periphery posted:

I assume Ports song tonight was in a different language (local indigenous?) cause for a second there I thought I was having a stroke and had lost the ability to process words.

Oh great it wasn't just me

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

time to get prolific with
the whiz kid

can we maybe not have umpires who love being the centre of attention, tia

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011
I AM A MORON WHO DOESN'T UNDERSTAND HOW ROADS WORK

Diet Crack posted:

All of the above is correct. While we are at it, No Selwood Has Ever Ducked

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

Fallen Rib

Razor Ray good now???

https://streamable.com/b7w1k

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Canít wait for people to spend the second consecutive week talking about how great a bloke Rance is and how out of character it is that heís a gigantic loving diving stinkyhole

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

hiddenmovement posted:

All of the above is correct. While we are at it, No Selwood Has Ever Ducked

Shuey isn't even in the top 3 this year! Progress!

Did Wingard play midfield before or has he always been a forward for Port? I seem to remember him running the middle at some point..

e: also gently caress Ultimate Footy, it changed my team for the following week even though I left it as is from round 10.

Diet Crack fucked around with this message at Jun 8, 2018 around 13:29

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!

What did Grigg say?

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

I have it on good authority from my club coach that Razor Ray is a weird as gently caress unit with the mouth of a sailor so this makes me lol.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

I liked the bit of tonight's game where Richmond lost

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Solemn Sloth posted:

Lol at ABC commentators earnestly likening Dixon v Rance to Carey v Jakovich

As per my honour-bound oath to make every second or third oath about the Demons Jake Lever's first instagram post since doing his knee was to hope he could come back as jacked as Jakovich did. Here's hoping.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

It looks like they sent the Norf bus down to Kardinia today.

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

the whiz kid

Sandy explaining that if Geelong can hold onto this lead they're a "good chance" to take the four points 🤔

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

This has been a pretty good match all things considered

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

boy undead posted:

IF... Geelong can hold onto this lead THEN... they're a "good chance" to take the four points

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Did we get the 4 points? Can't find it confirmed anywhere

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

hiddenmovement posted:

Did we get the 4 points? Can't find it confirmed anywhere

There's a good chance

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

You just feel like the cats need to be in front at the end of the game if they want to win it don't you?

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.

Itís almost like at quarter time the Giants went ďhang on a second, theyíre poo poo, we donít have to play like them!Ē

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

The man was stunningly well dressed. He had a smart looking jacket, and a really neat looking cape, the lining of which was shimmering and sparkling in more than Oriental splendour, which is a great deal of splendour indeed, just ask Kipling.

Checked out the 3 quarter time score of GWS vs GCS and decided that was enough for me.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Canít help but feel buddy is going to increase his career goal lead on the entire st kilda 22

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!

Quantum Shart
Sep 5, 2011

Should you be alive, if it's even possible to continue to exist in these sealed lands, one day perhaps you will make atonement for what you've done.

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyoooooooooooooooorrrrrggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Knees aren't supposed to do that

bigis
Jun 21, 2006

Gil, please just fold Carlton and St Kilda. Iím so sick of watching them.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

NTRabbit posted:

Knees aren't supposed to do that

Iíve got hyperreflexive knees so mine do, but I wouldnít want to do it under any sort of speed or weight

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

https://twitter.com/drunk_logic/sta...1291081729?s=21

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

lol at taking a mark in the 50 and being able to stand around for a while then walk a few steps and take the shot still without anyone getting near you.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

Wouldn't want to be that pillow with the way the game is going

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

the whiz kid

At least he has a pillow on standby to cry into.

«261 »