Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Carlton took Boekhorst, a mature age recruit who nobody else was interested in and had publicly lambasted their own coach on twitter, with pick 19 lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
The highest pick Adelaide have ever used was Laurence Angwin at pick 7 who didn't play a game and got booted out after one season. He was then given a lifeline by...

Carlton. Who sacked him after he burglarised his teammates house and turned up to training on pingers.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

Solemn Sloth posted:

Only issue being Frawley was like 26 where as Murphy is 31 and will be on like a two year contract so will be even harder for the AFL to stretch it to something meaningful

Of course, but if the AFL wants it to happen then it'll happen. Logic and reason be damned!

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
Did Angwin steal stuff at Carlton too? I remember his stealing from a teammate at the Crows.

My memory was that he just got drunk as poo poo and crashed a bunch of cars. Managed to take down one of his teammates with him too, I forget the name, Karl something or something like that?

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

cmndstab posted:

Did Angwin steal stuff at Carlton too? I remember his stealing from a teammate at the Crows.

My memory was that he just got drunk as poo poo and crashed a bunch of cars. Managed to take down one of his teammates with him too, I forget the name, Karl something or something like that?

Yeah he broke into Karl Norman's house and stole some DVDs. He also apparently shoplifted from an AFL shop. The guy just loved to steal low-value goods

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

racing identity posted:

Yeah he broke into Karl Norman's house and stole some DVDs. He also apparently shoplifted from an AFL shop. The guy just loved to steal low-value goods

Also showed up to training high as a kite on E at least once

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
The Saints are intent on becoming the worst at everything.

quote:

ALAN Richardson is on the verge of the most unwanted of coaching records.

Should St Kilda lose – as expected – to a barnstorming West Coast on Saturday in Perth, the Saints coach will hold the equal-worst record of any coach to 100 games since 1967.

From 99 games coached to date, including one at Port Adelaide in 2013 as Ken Hinkley fell ill, Richardson has 34 wins to his name.

It is a tally he will share with Robert Shaw, who led Fitzroy and Adelaide from 1991-1995.

In VFL/AFL history, only Bill Stephens (25 wins at Fitzroy) and Jake Hale (33 at South Melbourne and Hawthorn) had lesser records from their first 100 matches, both men doing the bulk of their work in the 1950s and 1960s.

Michael Voss (38 wins) and Mark Harvey (41) both showed promise in their tenure but were cut short on, or just after notching the ton.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
He’s been playing lowball this whole time!

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
poo poo, I left out the very next line of the article:

quote:

Richardson's contract was renewed in November by the 10-person Saints board until the end of 2020 after two finals near-misses.

:suicide:

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
I think if we had extended mark neelds contract I would have quit and or died

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
The Neeld regime was disastrous for the club but the board owned a lot of responsibility for the list management decisions of that era as well

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.
Its kind of an unfair measure. Took over a list just as it was bottoming out hard then within two seasons had it winning more games then it lost, then even both ways the following year. Its been a really lovely year but that reason is only partially on the coach and acting like those first 2 years are his fault is misrepresentation really.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Periphery posted:

poo poo, I left out the very next line of the article:

:suicide:

loving QED. That says everything you need to know about the club culture.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

Nutsngum posted:

Its kind of an unfair measure. Took over a list just as it was bottoming out hard then within two seasons had it winning more games then it lost, then even both ways the following year. Its been a really lovely year but that reason is only partially on the coach and acting like those first 2 years are his fault is misrepresentation really.

Bolton is going at 19 wins from 59 games (32.2%).

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Unrelated: I have found one dog on citilink and one wondering around my neighbourhood without a collar or microchip in the last couple of years and the Lost Dogs Home found their owners both times. They are good, deregister north melbourne.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

realbez posted:

Unrelated: I have found one dog on citilink and one wondering around my neighbourhood without a collar or microchip in the last couple of years and the Lost Dogs Home found their owners both times. They are good, deregister north melbourne.

Just get the men to follow the women down to Tassie

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
https://twitter.com/EssendonFC/status/1002414357416894466

Apparently they're pretty good too

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Carlton manage to gently caress up their indigenous round kit with the dumb pocket thing too

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

The only way this game is entertaining at all is if Buddy and Ronke combine for 20 goals

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
I hope Carlton lose by 200 points for having the temerity to get another Friday night game

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
lmayo playing the song

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Quantum Shart posted:

lmayo playing the song

Can’t blame them really, we’d all be better if they just played the song and put a movie on

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
https://twitter.com/AFL/status/1002487996518621184
sell and use the indig stuff all the time, make it the away guernsey

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Quantum Shart posted:

https://twitter.com/AFL/status/1002487996518621184
sell and use the indig stuff all the time, make it the away guernsey

The Dees had someone paint a bunch of their boots for the round a couple of years ago

Also Buddy is clearly disgusted at Carlton being so close on the scoreboard

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Love those boots

What's the pocket thing MUYB? All I know about Carlton's guernsey is that the back looks like urban camo on TV

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

I like the highlights of John Longmire in his playing days playing for North in front of empty stadiums. So much has changed for the Kangaroos...

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Luke Parker good footballer Carlton bad football

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

hahaha patrick cripps blocks the player from missing the ball completely, loving awful call

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Love those boots

What's the pocket thing MUYB? All I know about Carlton's guernsey is that the back looks like urban camo on TV

On the shorts for this strip and their away strip you can see a patch of colour where back pockets would be for some weird fuckin reason

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
Just turned the footy on...

?????????????

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
Well well well Carlton up at HT.

The scene is set for the Swans to put on 10 goals for the 3rd quarter.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Solemn Sloth posted:

On the shorts for this strip and their away strip you can see a patch of colour where back pockets would be for some weird fuckin reason

the wipe squares so the players can clean their hands better after a mark, in breaks of play

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
They still look like something a designer at Rivers came up with

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Quantum Shart posted:

the wipe squares so the players can clean their hands better after a mark, in breaks of play

And yet buddy can’t wipe the ball down with a chux you fuckin bunch of cheating cunts

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Garlett likes painting his boots, has done so for all the games this year and even gave away his boots last week to a kid who should have gotten a free footy at the end of the game but someone else snatched it.

https://twitter.com/CarltonFC/status/1002370145082171393

Really likes it, it seems.
https://twitter.com/CarltonFC/status/1002361258308349953

https://twitter.com/CarltonFC/status/1002464726016655361

The Deadly Hume posted:

They still look like something a designer at Rivers came up with

Fevola came up with them... so you're close.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Holy poo poo Daisy

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
That was hosed and cost us a goal.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

hahahaha imagine booing that clothesline

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

It was obviously a free but I don’t think there was any intent in it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

My in depth analysis of this game is that Carlton are garbage and Sydney not that much better but actually have a couple of players that can drag them up