Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

Yeah, that all makes sense. It's going to be an interesting few months at the Eagles.

Nic Nat his recent injury history really is one of the great football injustices in recent history. We've missed so many amazing performances because of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

masterpine posted:

a bloke who'll be 30 years old and has two dodgy knees as his counterpart if he decides to stick at the Eagles for the journey.

I was trying to figure out who this was, so I looked it up and saw Naitanui will be 29 next season and felt like I aged a decade in the space of a few seconds :negative:

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
https://twitter.com/gysenn/status/1019214048661889025?s=21

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Looks like McCartin is out for the rest of the year as his Lisfranc sprain is recovering slower than expected.

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

racing identity posted:

It would be immensely tough for a fringe AFL player to not be constantly looking at social media, seeing the awful things that Joe Dipshit says about you on Facebook or Bigfooty and think "Why bother putting in all this effort just to help the team that you cretins support"

It's gotta be the money that gets most players through. I get paid quite well now, but I frequently work stupid hours and often very stressed. I deliver great work, but clients will always find a way to complain and just generally be cunts. I often get asked by friends and family why I stick around, and at the end of the day, it's really hard to accept that i'll need to take a significant pay cut if i'm to work at another company or industry with less hours and less pressure.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

You wonder how many players are sticking out through the pressure and social media bullshit in the hopes of getting a plum media gig for the rest of their careers

And then you think about how's there's like only a handful of opportunities in media for them

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

And the ones on 7 are gated behind a 300 game/premiership/brownlow requirement

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

NTRabbit posted:

And the ones on 7 are gated behind a 300 game/premiership/brownlow/do we want to pinch them from another state requirement

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:

NTRabbit posted:

And the ones on 7 are gated behind a 300 game/premiership/brownlow/glassing a woman requirement

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
Hibberd injuring his quad at this point of the season hurts, especially as he's been playing Lever's counter-attacking role

Hunt will hopefully be fit next week so it's a good opportunity for him

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

lmao at the Footy Show giving noted soft cheat Joel Selwood a tough man puff segment a couple days after the tribunal admitted he dived

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

NTRabbit posted:

lmao at the Footy Show giving noted soft cheat Joel Selwood a tough man puff segment a couple days after the tribunal admitted he dived
So they should, he is a great player and the Crows would crawl over broken glass (or walk through hot coals :v: ) to sign him to their side.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

NTRabbit posted:

Take this rubbish to bigfooty

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

Shmoses posted:

Take this rubbish to bigfooty

I'll have you know that the Saints bigfooty page is currently discussing very important things. For example, they are flipping out that Blake Acres wasn't selected this week, despite the fact that he's coming back from a 8 week groin injury, has played limited time in two VFL games and would be coming off a 5 day break if he was to play.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Periphery posted:

I'll have you know that the Saints bigfooty page is currently discussing very important things. For example, they are flipping out that Blake Acres wasn't selected this week, despite the fact that he's coming back from a 8 week groin injury, has played limited time in two VFL games and would be coming off a 5 day break if he was to play.

PLAY FREEBIRDMAN

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

Periphery posted:

Looks like McCartin is out for the rest of the year as his Lisfranc sprain is recovering slower than expected.

They said its a possibility but will entirely be based on how he trains next week. Aka, stop listening to footy news.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

I swear every article about Freo is either Ross being a twat or Harley Bennell getting in trouble with the law or being injured. Yet Ross wants to keep him on?

lol

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Diet Crack posted:

I swear every article about Freo is either Ross being a twat or Harley Bennell getting in trouble with the law or being injured. Yet Ross wants to keep him on?

lol

When he arrived Harley Bennell got the departing Zac Dawson's old locker, and found an unmarked filofax hidden under a false shelf

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
Barrett clearly not happy at being told he;s a fuckwit by Bevo

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Campbell Brown accused Scoops McClure of making poo poo up for clickbait on that show they're on this week which made Scoops quite angry and defensive, the only good thing Brown has ever done

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Why is Wayne Carey on the tv

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."

NTRabbit posted:

Campbell Brown accused Scoops McClure of making poo poo up for clickbait on that show they're on this week which made Scoops quite angry and defensive, the only good thing Brown has ever done

He got himself sacked once

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

Solemn Sloth posted:

I never really listen to commentary or watch on telly until recently and Carey coming back kinda just passed me by. It infuriates me. I don’t understand how the AFL or the community at large just forgives him for everything he’s done. Not even the cheating stuff like the abuse is what I’m talking about

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

teacup posted:

I never really listen to commentary or watch on telly until recently and Carey coming back kinda just passed me by. It infuriates me. I don’t understand how the AFL or the community at large just forgives him for everything he’s done. Not even the cheating stuff like the abuse is what I’m talking about

The community hasn't forgiven him, most people think he's a poo poo bloke, a handful of media companies have forgiven him, and a handful of old boys club other commentators don't even admit he needed forgiving because they don't want their memories of his playing days tarnished. The community would have to boycott watching the football to do anything about it, because there's no way to get around it.

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

teacup posted:

he kicked a lot of main eggs

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
the best bit is when they get carey on the tv during white ribbon round

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Pretty impressive to push a guy in the back when you’re tackling him side on I reckon

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

NTRabbit posted:

The community hasn't forgiven him, most people think he's a poo poo bloke, a handful of media companies have forgiven him, and a handful of old boys club other commentators don't even admit he needed forgiving because they don't want their memories of his playing days tarnished. The community would have to boycott watching the football to do anything about it, because there's no way to get around it.

Yeah you’re right. Just poo poo. Like I know this is naive as anything but the AFL company aside the community has seen things like the AFLW, indigenous round, the start of a pride round, white ribbon etc. sport can be such a positive influence in the community and “hah hah AFL” aside it can still be quite a community focused game (or at least it feels like it in Victoria)

Then you’ve got loving Carey on everything

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

teacup posted:

He really glassed the broken ceiling for abusers everywhere

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Feeling supes good about dropping a game to st kilda rn

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

time to get prolific with
the whiz kid
This is a bit poo poo.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Maybe my 'Richmond by 50' tip was too conservative.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

boy undead posted:

This is a bit poo poo.

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
Who says we can’t win away from home

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

the whiz kid
State of the game update: fart noise

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Chairchucker posted:

Maybe my 'Richmond by 50' tip was too conservative.

This but 75

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

teacup posted:

Who says we can’t win away from home

Finally, someone else can take the flat track bully title.

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

the whiz kid
Well that's a contender

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Lol flukiest goal I've ever seen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hiddenmovement