Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Erin Phillips, Tex Perkins, and Delly are there to watch the games, doing a promotional thing with the Embassy over there

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Oct 14, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

ESPN3 is/was the name of their streaming site in the U.S., so it isn't an actual channel, but part of their OTT setup. Looks like ESPN3 was carrying four or five hours' worth of the Nationals grand finals (and it sounds like my old club lost in their GF). Barrish is apparently "media director" for USAFL, for what it's worth.

the other notable invitee was Razor Ray heading up a group of umpires for the USAFL umpire training, which resulted in entirely predictable jokes on the Facebook page.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
With how long it has taken I can’t see how freo get Hogan unless they get Gold Coast in the room and make it a 3 way deal. Melbourne don’t want an 18 year old, they made a prelim and want an immediate addition to their team.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Our two Irish blokes have called it quits.

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2018-10-15/byrne-retires

Byrne made a comeback late in the season after recovering from his injury and showed good form. He returned to Ireland last month and the club had been trying to get him to re-consider retiring. They allowed him to play gaelic footy while over there. He then told the club on October 7th that he'd retire. He broke his ankle yesterday.

Mcdaid only played VFL so isn't as much of a loss.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
Fox footy are saying Freo balked at Hogan's management asking for 8 million over 8 years which is why they called off the trade.

I guess it's one of those ones where there was no right or wrong answer for Freo. It smells to me of Hogan being pretty ambivalent about leaving so just asking for a godfather offer and seeing what happens.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
That’s Buddy time and money, and Hogan isn’t Buddy

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Spedman posted:

Buddy’s contract was $2m more, a year longer, and would see him as five years older at the end of his contract than Hogan’s would. Also Sydney had a much more realistic opportunity for success to offer Buddy than freo does Hogan.

If Hogan’a foot doesn’t heal it’s obviously a bust and there’s the risk, but if it does that’s a loving gigantic steal for Freo. Halfway through his contract the salary cap will have increased by approx 20% too.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

The money isn’t a concern, it’s the 8 years for a guy who’s got a busted food, dodgy back, had cancer, and allegedly enjoys himself off the field. A 4 or 5 year deal is far more reasonable.

He’s got all the potential in the world, but so many questions over his longevity.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Spedman posted:

It's also Tom Boyd money

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

To be clear I'm glad Freo balked and I would be happy for the Dees to put an 8 year contract in front of Hogan

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

snaeksikn posted:

To be clear I'm glad Freo balked and I would be happy for the Dees to put an 8 year contract in front of Hogan

:same:

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
8 years is pretty funny, even if it was an intentional joke offer to see if the morons managing freo would consider it. But man, I can’t even get the loving federal government to renew my 12 month contract!!!

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

snaeksikn posted:

I’d be happy to lock him away too if I were a Dees man

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

snaeksikn posted:

It's also Tom Boyd money

Don't think Hogan is delivering anyone a premiership any time soon

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."

Testekill posted:

Don't think Hogan is delivering anyone a premiership any time soon

Saving this for when the dees win a flag off him kicking 8

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

hiddenmovement posted:

Saving this for when the dees win a flag off him kicking 8

Casey are in with a chance

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

"While the Power leadership group has been in communication with Burton, Hamish Hartlett's connection from the pair's time at Sacred Heart College is also expected to be influential."

Hamish Hartlett is 28 and Ryan Burton is 21, the two never even shared a campus let alone a football team, they just make up whatever poo poo they like

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Hey now they can bond over that weird English teacher with the ear hair who is still there ten years later

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Two trades today:

- North get Aaron Hall for pick 68.
- Hawks get Jack Scrimshaw (former pick 7 in the 2016 draft) for the difference between their 2019 3rd round pick and the Suns 2019 4th round pick.

Suns must really just want to get rid of anyone that doesn't want to be there cause those are both essentially giving players away.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Melbourne should offer a future 2nd round pick for May

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
They can have Mav Weller for pick 24. His brother was worth pick 2 and Mav is at least 1/12 the player of Lachie so it's a pretty fair deal imo.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Hawks get Scully. GWS get a future fourth round draft pick.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Periphery posted:

Hawks get Scully. GWS get a future fourth round draft pick.

lmfao

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
Uhhhh

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

#tradebansydney

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Surely his ankle must be really hosed?

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
It begins.

North to play 4 tassie games a year til 2021.

The North Melbourne Tasmania Kangaroos enter the AFLW next year... coincidence?

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Bulldogs giving Hawthorn their future 4th round pick for Duryea. Just can't get behind this trade, seems like a lateral move at best as he's just another small flanker.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

drunkill posted:

It begins.

North to play 4 tassie games a year til 2021.

The North Melbourne Tasmania Kangaroos enter the AFLW next year... coincidence?

Seems silly when the Gold Coast are odds on to fold by 2025

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman

hiddenmovement posted:

Seems silly when the Gold Coast are odds on to fold by 2025

That long?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

We'll still be here for you Volkerball

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Gold Cost will not fold for quite a long time.

The AFL are happy throwing ~20million a year at them.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

drunkill posted:

Gold Cost will not fold for quite a long time.

The AFL are happy throwing ~20million a year at them.

Sunk cost fallacy at work? They have spent something like $200m on setting up the Suns.

Although I do think that 2 teams could work in QLD. The AFL and Suns just really hosed this up from the start - the AFL by not giving the Suns the same concessions and GWS; and the Suns by totally loving the culture of the club by bringing in a bunch of dickheads and drug dealers.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

Solemn Sloth posted:

#tradebansydney

#freepickhawthorn

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

gently caress Hawthorn imo

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

There's a suggestion that Scully was let go because, aside from his stuffed ankle, GWS needed the extra room to be able to tell Dodoro and Fremantle to go and get hosed, because they've been lowballing the poo poo out of the Giants for Shiel and Lobb in the knowledge GWS couldn't afford to keep them.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Periphery posted:

Sunk cost fallacy at work? They have spent something like $200m on setting up the Suns.

Although I do think that 2 teams could work in QLD. The AFL and Suns just really hosed this up from the start - the AFL by not giving the Suns the same concessions and GWS; and the Suns by totally loving the culture of the club by bringing in a bunch of dickheads and drug dealers.

There’s only been a 5 year period where Queensland could support one afl team tbh

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

NTRabbit posted:

There's a suggestion that Scully was let go because, aside from his stuffed ankle, GWS needed the extra room to be able to tell Dodoro and Fremantle to go and get hosed, because they've been lowballing the poo poo out of the Giants for Shiel and Lobb in the knowledge GWS couldn't afford to keep them.

The giants turning around and keeping Shiel would be the best

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Periphery posted:

That, and pride. I can't see any of the current senior management at AFL HQ admitting they hosed it up, even after 20 years of making losses despite finally seeing some on-field success.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

The Age is suggesting that by the end of tomorrow Port will have given up Polec, Pittard, Wingard, Hombsch, Amon, 23, 30, and 49 to get Ryan Burton, a future 3rd, and pick 5, so someone is on some drugs somewhere in there.

It's a manager leak of course, the same company represents Neale, Hogan, Wingard, Lobb, and Hombsch, and is trying to wrangle 8 clubs into a contingent mega deal also involving Beams, May, and Kolodjashnij that pours money directly into their bank accounts.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 10:48 on Oct 16, 2018