Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

gay picnic defence posted:

Jack Watts seems like a pretty classy dude

Reminds me of a guy I used to play cricket with back in Perth, he’d regale the younger guys at the club with his stories of massive nights on the everything while at the rippers, and also having a live in prostitute for when he regularly visited Bali, all the young blokes loved him, the older blokes couldn’t stand his bullshit.

Everyone kept going on this season about how loved Jack is at Port and how was everyone’s mate at Melbourne, can’t help but think what a massive distraction he could be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
He was such a nice wholesome boy til the power got a hold of him

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

Solemn Sloth posted:

He was such a nice wholesome boy til the powder got a hold of him

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

white powder!

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
My hot take is: Jack Watts sexts like a dork

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
Jack Watts seems like a man who is easy to please. Set him up with a swimming pool and some tits and he's set for the night

Also seems like a gigantic piece of poo poo being that blatantly nonchalant about cheating on his partner

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Some people can't do monogamy, and really they shouldn't try

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Most people who 'can't do monogamy' probably haven't tried.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Dan Menzel has been delisted by the Cats.

Were Cats fans expecting this? It was a bit of a surprise to me cause I was expecting him to get a 1 year contract - he did kick 15 goals in the first 5 games of the season (27 all up) despite missing a shitload cause they injected his junk with stuff.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Maybe they knew they’d be delisting him and decided to inject him full of junk to ruin him for other clubs

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
Yes. Dan is a good lead up fowarded but he can't turn anymore. His tackling pressure is non existant and he's useless when the ball hits the deck. This is why he was being shopped around last year.

I feel for the bloke after working so hard to get back, but in spite of his obvious positive attributes we really need to be able to apply more physical pressure in the front 50.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
You'd have to think he's a massive risk of doing his ACL again too.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

You'd have to think he's a massive risk of doing his ACL again too.

Seems like a guy who will do another ACL if he tries to do anything but run in a straight line

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Jack Watts seems like a pretty classy dude

What's the story here?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

MysticalMachineGun posted:

What's the story here?

His now ex-girlfriend used a camera phone to take pictures of what was allegedly Jack Watts' instant messenger history, complete with appointments for sex workers and strippers, talk about cocaine fueled parties he was often at, and cheating on his girlfriend with at least one other woman, one of whom was quite into the banging some other girl's partner on the sly thing. Pics were on bigfooty and reddit, but not anymore, because they contained names, phone numbers, and home addresses of Jack and his other women.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

NTRabbit posted:

His now ex-girlfriend used a camera phone to take pictures of what was allegedly Jack Watts' instant messenger history, complete with appointments for sex workers and strippers, talk about cocaine fueled parties he was often at, and cheating on his girlfriend with at least one other woman, one of whom was quite into the banging some other girl's partner on the sly thing. Pics were on bigfooty and reddit, but not anymore, because they contained names, phone numbers, and home addresses of Jack and his other women.

The screenshots are available on twitter still I think.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

NTRabbit posted:

Oh man, boys will be boys I guess

With this and Kochie it's a good time to be a Crows supporter with a Port supporting wife. Culture starts at the top after all, so I can only assume the Power is full of philandering racists

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Oh man, boys will be boys I guess

With this and Kochie it's a good time to be a Crows supporter with a Port supporting wife. Culture starts at the top after all, so I can only assume the Power is full of philandering racists

Who have awful, just absolutely loving atrocious, senses of humour.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

News: St Kilda taking over from Gold Coast as the partner for Port Adelaide’s games in Shanghai.

Views: that’s a lot closer for me to see in person

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

cursed link

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
:siren: North sign Tom Lynch! :siren:

WARCHEST UNLEASHED!

http://www.nmfc.com.au/news/2018-10-25/aflw-norths-lynchpin

Oh, Tom Lynch's sister, still cool.

Final AFLW lists for season 2019, barring a serious injury or early retirement & topup: http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-10-24/aflw-team-lists-almost-set-ahead-of-draft

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.

harperdc posted:

News: St Kilda taking over from Gold Coast as the partner for Port Adelaide’s games in Shanghai.

Views: that’s a lot closer for me to see in person
This means they'll have played for points in three different countries.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

The Deadly Hume posted:

This means they'll have played for points in three different countries.

I remember when they wanted to play in NZ for 5 years and gain a lot of memberships.

Instead they lost all the Anzac day games to Brisbane, Sydney and Carlton then abandoned NZ.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

I’m seriously confused how Alyssa Mifsud isn’t on anyone’s list, she looked pretty capable of breaking a game open at points last season

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

drunkill posted:

I remember when they wanted to play in NZ for 5 years and gain a lot of memberships.

Instead they lost all the Anzac day games to Brisbane, Sydney and Carlton then abandoned NZ.

The fact that NZ doesn't have a suitable stadium in Auckland pretty much killed that despite the Saints amazing ability to play poo poo footy. From what I know the plan is still to return to NZ, but only after Auckland stadium is suitable: http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-10-25/nz-still-wants-afl-games-despite-saints-china-foray

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

Solemn Sloth posted:

I’m seriously confused how Alyssa Mifsud isn’t on anyone’s list, she looked pretty capable of breaking a game open at points last season

https://twitter.com/_sjblack/status/1055348584789360641

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.

Periphery posted:

The fact that NZ doesn't have a suitable stadium in Auckland pretty much killed that despite the Saints amazing ability to play poo poo footy. From what I know the plan is still to return to NZ, but only after Auckland stadium is suitable: http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-10-25/nz-still-wants-afl-games-despite-saints-china-foray
I'm not surprised they have to scratch around for a decent stadium. The Caketin in Wellington is fine, just not really enough people into footy there, but Eden Park is barely suitable for cricket (just thinking how ridiculous the NZ v Aus round robin match in the 2015 World Cup was...)

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

After a season of shocking televised games and winning the wooden spoon, Carlton are being rewarded with the Good Friday game because of course they are.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

Testekill posted:

After a season of shocking televised games and winning the wooden spoon, Carlton are being rewarded with the Good Friday game because of course they are.

Cause despite that we still get better numbers than the Povdogs lmayo

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Larger crowds than the saints or the dogs on offer.

Makes sense given that North and Blues are on either side of royal park with the royal childrens hospital equidistant inbetween the two clubs.

It isnt a prime time spot anyway, good friday game is on at like 3:20 so as not to overlap the telethon.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Round one, 2019

quote:

Thursday, March 21

Carlton v Richmond at the MCG, 7.20pm AEDT

Friday, March 22

Collingwood v Geelong at the MCG, 7.50pm AEDT

Saturday, March 23

Melbourne v Port Adelaide at the MCG, 1.45pm AEDT

Adelaide v Hawthorn at Adelaide Oval, 4.05pm ACDT

Western Bulldogs v Sydney at Marvel Stadium, 7.25pm AEDT

Brisbane v West Coast at the Gabba, 7.20pm AEST

Sunday, March 24

St Kilda v Gold Coast at Marvel Stadium, 1.10pm AEDT

Greater Western Sydney v Essendon at Spotless Stadium, 3.20pm AEDT

Fremantle v North Melbourne, Optus Stadium, 3.20pm AWST

Apart from the normal excitement of a new season and the unknown that comes with it, that's a pretty uninspiring round of footy.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Carlton vs Richmond again? gently caress this administration off into the sun

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
It is now the traditional season opener after the past 10 years of it happening, plus richmond opened the season about another 4 times since 2000 as well.

It is also the only big 'event' game the two clubs get. (good friday is not a big event, everyone is away for the long weekend)

Edit: Actually Richmond get dreamtime at the G, I forgot about that.

drunkill fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Oct 27, 2018

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Why is it tradition to open the season with a belting of a poo poo club though?

Also, Marvel Stadium. Seriously gently caress AFL House and everyone in it.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

drunkill posted:

It is now the traditional season opener after the past 10 years of it happening, plus richmond opened the season about another 4 times since 2000 as well.

It is also the only big 'event' game the two clubs get. (good friday is not a big event, everyone is away for the long weekend)

Edit: Actually Richmond get dreamtime at the G, I forgot about that.

Richmond also get anzac eve

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
You could mot have crafted a worse Sunday of football if you were trying

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Anzac eve isn't really a thing.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

drunkill posted:

Won’t stop them trying to make it a thing though.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

drunkill posted:

It’s been going for four years and has had the 14th, 6th, 2nd, and 6th highest home and away crowds in each of those years :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forum Joe
Jun 8, 2001

Every day I'm shuffling!

Ask me about Tasmania!

racing identity posted:

You could mot have crafted a worse Sunday of football if you were trying

I disagree. All three Sunday games are between teams that would be aiming to finish at about the same place. St. Kilda vs Gold Coast are both wooden spoon contenders, so that’s a fight both will want to win to get an early start off the bottom. Essendon are trying to say they’re a top eight team, and playing GWS should be a good benchmark. Plus, Shiel was one of the most talked about trades in the recent trade period, and we get to see him play against his old club right from the beginning. Freo vs North will both be trying to improve and although North finished higher last year, both teams were in the same vicinity. Both teams will be fighting to show significant improvement over the off season.
I reckon there’s a chance each of those games could be a close-faught contest.