Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1

thepokey posted:

I think it was this thread that once came up with the verifying final? Where the Grand Final winner plays the wooden spoon club the week after the grand final to make sure they are worthy and if they lost the whole season is declared null and void

Ha, yeah. Put it on the SASWiki when it existed.

How is everyone? Good? Blues for the 2019 flag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

I think the winner of the AFLX should play the winner of the regular season, with the winner being crowned Supreme Champion.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

BrigadierSensible posted:

I think the winner of the AFLX should play the winner of the regular season in a game played to the International Rules rulebook with the winner being sent to play Ireland.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."

BrigadierSensible posted:

I think the winner of the AFLX should play the winner of the regular season, with the winner being crowned Supreme Champion.

We did that already, the Dee's got fugging scragged

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

hiddenmovement posted:

We did that already, the Dee's got fugging scragged

Best of three? :negative:

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Can we scrag the Dees for attempting a takeover of Yarra Park for training space? gently caress right off with that poo poo.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

gabensraum posted:

Ha, yeah. Put it on the SASWiki when it existed.

How is everyone? Good? Blues for the 2019 flag.
I misread this to mean the loser of Premier vs. Richmond must become Richmond.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Quantum Shart posted:

Can we scrag the Dees for attempting a takeover of Yarra Park for training space? gently caress right off with that poo poo.

The argument that “the oval won’t be fenced, it’ll effectively still be public space” really don’t ring true to me given that’s what Collingwood claimed with their oval at the outset.

On the other hand I’m instinctively driven to support anything that dickhead Gary Morgan opposes.

Capping the Jolimont track makes a lot of sense imo, and six stories isn’t really out of line with what it would be opposite in Wellington Parade, and the diagram of the proposed space for the oval looks pretty inoffensive

Also I’d argue a part time private footy oval is a much preferable use of the ground than a part time private car park

Solemn Sloth fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Nov 20, 2018

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Yeah i learned about their yarra park proposal yesterday. It is pretty poo poo. Any rezoning then opens up the rest of the park.

Why can't they share Olympic Park oval with the pies? Their HQ is underneath the rectangular stadium and their front door looks out over that oval, plus the pies got public owned facilities (Olympic swim centre) effectively given to them.

Bad enough the government handed over the management of the park to the mcg trust the other year which has turned it into a car park on weekends which ruins the grass and soil (and trees when hit by cars)

drunkill fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Nov 20, 2018

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Yarra Park has been a car park for footy and cricket games as long as I can remember

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

Solemn Sloth posted:

Yarra Park has been a car park for footy and cricket games as long as I can remember

Yeah this is one criticism Im not sure I understand. People have been parking and bbqing on there for probably 50+years without really damaging the park as far as I can see.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Yeah the mcg has had parking in the park for as long as I can remember. If anything, it’s annoying as poo poo that the park is closed half the time for parking these days. I’d go to more games if I could still park at the g.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Actually that’s probably not true. I’m so loving tired all the time lol

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
Another one of our talls hasn't made it, Michael Apeness has announced his retirement, was drafted in 2013, when he actually got on the park he looked okay, lots of aggression at the footy, his body wouldn't let him get a good run at it.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

https://twitter.com/CalTwomey/status/1065159248261218306

:thumbsup:

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Probably why they;re only doing the top ten/first round tomorrow night then the rest of Friday.

Make sure it only crashes once.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
Everyone excited for the draft or what?!!!

:gary:

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Yeah.... I guess :munch:

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
No

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
no

at least not until tomorrow unless someone trades picks with Essendon and we end up in the first round somehow

I hope the AFL gets gently caress all ratings from its telecast and all this bullshit to hype it up dies a swift death

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Spedman posted:

Everyone excited for the draft or what?!!!

:gary:

No, because the two best kids the dysfunctional SA U18 program has produced in years are going to end up in a black hole on the Gold Coast

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

NTRabbit posted:

No, because the two best kids the dysfunctional SA U18 program has produced in years are going to end up in a black hole on the Gold Coast

And because the Gold Coast has better drugs than Adelaide they'll probably decide to stay

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
Having the draftees play AFLX right then and there is the only way I'd be interested in the draft.

Even then, ehhhhhhhh.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Actually part of me thinks GCS have been telling anyone who'll listen that they're taking those SA kids in order to try and elicit a godfather offer from one of the SA clubs for their first two picks.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

The broadcast has spent the entire first half hour talking about only the TAC Cup draftees, so running as expected

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

time to get prolific with
the whiz kid
I'm excited to see none of the wild 'what if' scenarios eventuate and for everyone to pick exactly who they thought

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

gently caress yeah overproduced as ffuuuuuuuuuck

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

As if Carlton didn't come here know exactly who they were going to pick but the AFL told them to drag it out to build tension

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

time to get prolific with
the whiz kid
Yeah the Blues officials were clearly just sitting around waiting for them to announce it with the rest of us

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Gil: That's enough waiting lets get started!

*everyone sits there for 5 minutes waiting for a decision to be made that has already been made*

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Periphery posted:

Gil: That's enough waiting lets get started!

*everyone sits there for 5 minutes waiting for a decision to be made that has already been made*

Hey I'd be waiting by the phone for Dodoro to offer something crazy, no harm in letting others sweat.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

So 2 hours to do something that should take 40 minutes at most

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

and if there are any trades of picks mid-draft i'd be pretty certain they'd been thrashed out and agreed to days ago rather than negotiated on the spot the way the AFL will probably try make it out

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Testekill posted:

So 2 hours to do something that should take 40 minutes at most

only if you're lucky and they dont have ad breaks or interviews to drag it out even more

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Piping the Fox Footy desk conversations into the venue and watching players listen to the talk about themselves via cameras in their faces is cringeworthy as gently caress, I can't even watch the screen when they're doing it

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

NTRabbit posted:

Piping the Fox Footy desk conversations into the venue and watching players listen to the talk about themselves via cameras in their faces is cringeworthy as gently caress, I can't even watch the screen when they're doing it

Yeah, I can't imagine what it'd be like for a player or family member in the room. Awkward as gently caress.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Paddy McCartin will be playing fullback next year.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'm bored already

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Rozee at 5 shakes things up and if the Suns take King at 6 then things are getting interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Everyone in SA knew Port were taking Rozee, but King to the Suns is a surprise