Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Hawthorn have finally brought the number 1 back and given it to Harry Morrison, which I think is a good choice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...

realbez posted:

Hawthorn have finally brought the number 1 back and given it to Harry Morrison, which I think is a good choice.

Also Mitchell Lewis got 8, which is hilarious.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

spamman posted:

Also Mitchell Lewis got 8, which is hilarious.

This joke will never get old.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
It’s excellent

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Sky News is now paying Campbell Brown as a political commentator

https://twitter.com/skynewsaust/status/1070924493500014592?s=21

:psypop:

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

Solemn Sloth posted:

Sky News is now paying Campbell Brown as a political commentator

https://twitter.com/skynewsaust/status/1070924493500014592?s=21

:psypop:

Why not? He spent more time sitting on the bench during his career then parliament does.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
Campbell Brown is good mates with Rita Panahi

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.

realbez posted:

It’s excellent
Happy about Worpel in 5 too. It suits.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

Shmoses posted:

Campbell Brown is good mates with Rita Panahi

So is Judd afaik. Garbage attracts garbage.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/CarltonFC/status/1071916753326768128?s=09

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

As if co-captaining the blues isn’t bad enough docherty has gone and done another ACL

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Ffffffffffffffucking

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Cuunnna

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

making GBS threads

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
I think im done with footy.

gently caress

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
That really sucks. Unless you are a Crows fan in which case it just sucks a bit less.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

I'm a Crows fan.

That sucks.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Essendon extended their gaming licenses by 29 years.

Collingwood got rid of theirs today.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

drunkill posted:

Essendon extended their gaming licenses by 29 years.

Collingwood got rid of theirs today.

Operating out of a council owned building in too

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Essendon bad. Collingwood... good?

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

Chairchucker posted:

Essendon bad. Collingwood... good?
It’s been this way since Bucks and Hird’s face/heel turns.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

ALL 38 matches of next year's NAB AFL Women's competition will be shown live on television, with the Seven Network and Foxtel to share the coverage.

Seven will broadcast two games a round in every state and territory, plus all the non-Victorian clubs' matches into their respective local markets, on free-to-air television, with Foxtel to air every AFLW game live via its subscription service.

From 2020 – when the competition expands to 14 teams – Seven will broadcast three games each round, with Foxtel continuing to air every game live.

Both networks will broadcast all finals live across the country over the four-year broadcasting deal announced in Melbourne on Thursday morning.

All matches will also be streamed live on Seven and Foxtel digital platforms and via the AFLW App.

The AFL's head of women's football Nicole Livingstone said the deal was significant for the AFLW competition and women's sport generally.

"The anticipation around season three of the AFLW continues to build and the new broadcast agreement is another important milestone in the journey we are on," she said.

"We are thrilled that every AFLW match will be broadcast live for at least the next four years.

"We thank Seven and Foxtel for their fantastic commitment to and support of AFLW."

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
$2.5m deal (per year)

Shoulda gone to the ABC for more coverage on FTA.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Has anyone here tried this new kayo sports thing?

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Nope cos it is News Corpse and gently caress Murdoch

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

realbez posted:

Has anyone here tried this new kayo sports thing?

Briefly.

It’s probably ok if you have some people you can share the subscription with and if you watch heaps of sport, if you just watch the footy though I reckon you’re better off getting the international AFL streaming via a VPN

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Thanks, I’ll just stay with watchafl then. I didn’t realise it was just another Foxtel thing.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

realbez posted:

Thanks, I’ll just stay with watchafl then. I didn’t realise it was just another Foxtel thing.

Yeah it’s just fox sports or whatever but I don’t think you need to buy the basic package of poo poo no one watches and then get the sport upgrade. Supporting the bombers means the games are televised on free to air every other week so I’m only occasionally resorting to some dodgy stream.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

I feel like fox almost certainly gets a fair bit of money from watchafl licensing their coverage and programming.

Kayo is trash though, doesn’t even do replays for NFL, only live

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Yeah fox definitely gets money from it but not as much from me

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

Solemn Sloth posted:

Kayo is trash though, doesn’t even do replays for NFL, only live

That would be a rights issue, the NFL are tight with their digital stuff.

And anyway who cares, NFL is garbage

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Shmoses posted:

That would be a rights issue, the NFL are tight with their digital stuff.

And anyway who cares, NFL is garbage

It’s actually good on their gamepass because you can watch a replay of the 25 minutes of actual play instead of the 3.5 hour telecast

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

Solemn Sloth posted:

It’s actually good on their gamepass because you can watch a replay of the 25 minutes of actual play instead of the 3.5 hour telecast

Yeah but they’re still playing NFL

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Shmoses posted:

Yeah but they’re still playing NFL

Eh, id much rather watch nfl than baseball, cricket, ice hockey

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
Reading the fb comments between the latest NRL sexual assault story, Womens AFL broadcasting, Australian cricket team culture, I've come to the conclusion that most people are loving garbage idiots with poo poo for brains

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

lol at the captains of the dumbass loving super hero themed AFLX being paid as much for their one day tourney as the tier one AFLW players were paid for the 2018 season

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

Solemn Sloth posted:

lol at the captains of the dumbass loving super hero themed AFLX being paid as much for their one day tourney as the tier one AFLW players were paid for the 2018 season

The afl are a bunch of dumb cunts with this AFLX garbage. By pushing the players into it they're just making people turn off it as being some sort of joke as opposed to a legit touch-AFL style game for the general public to participate in.

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!

snaeksikn posted:

Reading the fb comments between the latest NRL sexual assault story, Womens AFL broadcasting, Australian cricket team culture, I've come to the conclusion that most people are loving garbage idiots with poo poo for brains

It's more that loving garbage idiots with poo poo for brains are more inclined to make online comments than other people (primarily because it allows the rest of us to avoid interacting with them).

cmndstab fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Dec 15, 2018

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!

Solemn Sloth posted:

Wait, really? That's bullshit. How much were they paid?

Honestly I would have expected they were doing it for free. Maybe a sponsorship deal at best.

Seriously, the AFL could double the salary of every AFLW player and probably still turn a profit on that venture alone. It's rubbish that they haven't at the very least added a "games played" bonus to at least reward the players putting on the show each week in the middle of summer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Remind me again what the stated goal of AFLX is?

A version of the game that can be played on international fields, and is appealing to non-viewers. Yeah?

Well are they marketing AFLX overseas to any of these international, non AFL viewing markets then?

Why not actually pay attention/market/treat with respect the AFLW which is bringing women and girls back to the game?

Instead, they throw money at AFLX, which was an abject failure last year, and throw money at it in the worst possible way. Highlighting it's faults as a glorified kick and giggle, and doing nothing to further it's stated purpose.