Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
I don't rate Barrett at all so this amused me

quote:

-Players leaving and also not playing can hurt teams
-Club talks big game in off-season, news at 11
-C. Curnow is a good player
-Players not playing can hurt teams
-Sliding Doors: Now with advanced strategy
-Bennell is a dubious prospect
-Joel Selwood has played 250 games, debuted in 2007 and has impacted the game
-Gold Coast still has an AFL licence
-Arbitrary contrarian viewpoint substantiated by absolutely nothing. © Damien Barrett
-Impey is a good player
-Ron Evans Medal winner shows promise
-North Melbourne still has an AFL licence
-Recruiting and trading is a good thing for teams to do, and it can contribute towards the winning of football games
-Butler is a good player
-Trust me, this year St Kilda will absolutely not disappoint maybe
-Mills is a good player, but he needs to demonstrate that he is a good player, although he is definitely a good player
-Important player is vital
-Rumours of Luke Dahlhaus's trade have not been greatly exaggerated
POPLAR DE MAN

-Well done AFL (originally published on afl.com.au)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...1d22-1521793216

quote:

Carlton is planning a $50 million redevelopment of Ikon Park to make it the home of AFLW

CARLTON’S grand vision for Ikon Park is a $50 million stadium revamp that makes it the home of women’s football.

The ambitious redevelopment would see the 22,000-seat stadium transformed with elite women’s facilities and retractable light towers.

The Blues are one of several Victorian clubs awaiting state government budget requests, with the AFL keen for $300 million to revamp Etihad Stadium.

The Herald Sun can reveal under the Carlton development the Pratt Stand would be knocked down.

The 109-year-old Gardiner Stand would be preserved given its heritage listing and historical significance.

Ikon Park would house facilities for the AFLW and VFLW teams and allied health facilities.

The 21-year-old Legends Stand would remain to ensure the ground was ideal for AFLW and JLT games.

Many Blues fans would love to play smaller-drawing AFL opponents at the venue but even Etihad clashes against Gold Coast and GWS exceeded the 22,000-seat capacity last year.

Carlton chief executive Cain Liddle told the Herald Sun ahead of Saturday’s AFLW Grand Final at the venue that the Blues had ambitious plans.

“We want to pitch this as the home of the AFLW, where the Grand Finals should be played and big games should be played,” he said.

“We are just on the fringes of the city, we are right on the gateway to the northern corridor which is a really strong female football corridor.

“We will need to invest in this but we want to try to address our facilities as well which nowadays can become outdated pretty quickly.

“We would hope we can get started on something like this 18 months or two years down the track. It’s not a 10-year pipe dream, it’s something we want to get cracking on.”

The AFL has a $300m plan for 54,000-seat Etihad Stadium that would open the stadium out onto Harbour Esplanade and include a sprawling waterfront entertainment zone.

Turning Ikon into the home of AFLW grand finals in Melbourne would perfectly complement that redevelopment.

“The beauty of Ikon Park is we have the perfect model from an AFLW perspective,” Liddle said.

“You throw 22,000 fans into this stadium and you can really generate a great atmosphere.

“We are really respectful of the local residents so we are not advocating six big pillars are put up for light towers, we are working on retractable light tower solutions and modern technology allows for that.”

The Blues are one of several clubs set to ask for state government funds as they consider infrastructure projects.

But given the state government is determined to boost facilities for female footballers in Victoria the Blues will be in a strong position.

The AFL is also determined to provide worthy facilities for the women’s brand given the amazing explosion in interest since the competition was launched last year.

An upgrade for Princes Park. Sounds good on the surface, but actually it seems not great. It is more of a revamp than an upgrade. WHy demolish the pratt stand? That is perfectly serviceable and is where the majority of fans sit (on the wing) during these past two AFLW seasons. All it needs is new interior lighting, painting and new seats plus a high pressure clean.

Gardiner stand is good to have restored, but a quarter of it cannot see the goals at one end due to the admin building.

Demolish the Heroes stand, it is taller than the Pratt stand so residents won't complain if a structure of the same height is built, but the heroes stand has only like 1000-2000 seats with most of those on ground level, it is an awful rotting structure which houses offices for YMCA and AFLUmpires Victoria. Rebuild that with new rooms underneath and extra office space out the back and have a 2-3 tiered stadium seating stand with a function room in it. It would expand the capacity of the ground to 30k or 35k, instead of just rebuilding the same capacity as now.

Wasted plan.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Has the coverage mentioned Stringer being a giant piece of poo poo at all or is it all just a sloppy blowjob?

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Has the coverage mentioned Stringer being a giant piece of poo poo at all or is it all just a sloppy blowjob?

You know the answer to this

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

realbez posted:

You know the answer to this

Slurp slurp

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Surprised they actually took the time to show multiple replays and point out the hypocrisy between the Crow non-mark and the Essendon "mark".

Also eat poo poo Merrett, don't get chirpy if you can't take the heat

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
I'm glad there's no pedophiles in my team

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

NTRabbit posted:

Ah yes the old cheering injuries again...

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Could the umpires possibly stop playing for Essendon

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Quantum Shart posted:

footys back baybee!

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Haha Essendon are sending messages to their players by typing on a word doc and sitting a monitor in front of the bench. Low tech is best tech

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.

NTRabbit posted:

I too cheer when players get concussed due to reckless rough play

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Feel like Adelaide are missing a bit of rebound off the half back line

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

thepokey posted:

Guess who will be the first person complaining when a suspension gets handed out lol

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

How many shots will Essendon need to kick a winning score week in week out if Daniher and Hooker are their two main targets

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

I’m not sure how that wasn’t a 50 infringement by tips

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:

Solemn Sloth posted:

Feel like Adelaide are missing a bit of rebound off the half back line

even some intercept marking

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

That kick to Tipungwuti :stare: Pity he hosed the shot on goal

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Quantum Shart posted:

thepokey posted:

I'd be more sympathetic if Merrett hadn't just spent 30 seconds ignoring the ball on the ground so he could mouth off extensively about the tackle he just completed.

Also, play wasn't reckless, it was a legit bump that hit the shoulder, Merrett knocked himself out on the turf.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

2 bad teams

We're still in it because Essendon can't convert

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Also roaming Brian can take a long roam off a short pier

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

NTRabbit posted:

I'd be more sympathetic if Merrett hadn't just spent 30 seconds ignoring the ball on the ground so he could mouth off extensively about the tackle he just completed.

Also, play wasn't reckless, it was a legit bump that hit the shoulder, Merrett knocked himself out on the turf.

Did you actually watch the replay?

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
This might be a terrible game between two underdone teams, but at least only one of those teams is harbouring a player who hosed a kid

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

gay picnic defence posted:

Did you actually watch the replay?

Yes, from every angle they showed, nothing but shoulder

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

racing identity posted:

This might be a terrible game between two underdone teams, but at least only one of those teams is harbouring a player who hosed a kid

*in a very MEGA voice* Actually I think you'll find that's not pedophilia, it's ephebophilia

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

She was 17 so whatever

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

That tattoo on his guts is the bigger crime

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

gpd in brave "a bad tattoo is far worse than cheating with a high schooler" stance

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

NTRabbit posted:

amazing, every word of what you just said... was wrong

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Quantum Shart posted:

amazing, every word of what you just said... was wrong

Apparently you missed the bit where Bruce and BT questioned why Merrett was standing there mouthing off when, if he'd picked the ball up and played football, Essendon had open men for a fast break.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

MysticalMachineGun posted:

gpd in brave "a bad tattoo is far worse than cheating on my pregnant fiancee with a high schooler" stance

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

NTRabbit posted:

Apparently you missed the bit where Bruce and BT questioned why Merrett was standing there mouthing off when, if he'd picked the ball up and played football, Essendon had open men for a fast break.

you missed the bit where you'd not be one bit more sympathetic and are happy to justify cheering concussions.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Nothing dangerous about that tackle gently caress off

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Ray! Ray! Ray! I’ve paid a dangerous tackle lol

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

McGrath dead and buried HTB, play on, Essendon goal, gently caress off

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

realbez posted:

Ray! Ray! Ray! I’ve paid a dangerous tackle lol

Ray's face said it all

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

This Gibbs bloke might be alright

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Bryce Gibbs owns, always has. If he played for a good club thorough his prime it probably would've changed the legacy he'll have after his career is done.

Also lol at some of the real rusty umpiring so far

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

How can it be touched if he's kicked it out of his hand?

E: Oh good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

NTRabbit posted:

McGrath dead and buried HTB, play on, Essendon goal, gently caress off

The reverse angle showed it happened to fall onto his boot, otherwise he was gone