Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

And North somehow retained the marquee game while the Bulldogs were deemed unworthy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

time to get prolific with
the whiz kid
This is bad

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
I guess the only way to get people to show up to this game was to schedule it on a day where everything is shut

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
wait the footy is on now? I thought it was a night match.

Today is too good of a day to spend it inside docklands stadium

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

the whiz kid

drunkill posted:

The roof is open, but that just means it's impossible to see anything

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.

drunkill posted:

It's 22 to 22 at half time (with two goals each) so you ain't missed much.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

The Deadly Hume posted:

It's 22 to 22 at half time (with two goals each) so you ain't missed much.

unlike both of these lovely sides

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
North should be sent to Tasmania. Not to be the AFL team, to play in the state league down there

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
Terrible standard of footy to start the second half

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
put the auskick kids on after half time, let them play out the rest of the match.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

North wants Kearney to play for their men's team, it's why they're chasing her.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/AFL/status/979614112387817472

Rip

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.

gay picnic defence posted:

unlike both of these lovely sides
:drat:

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

it's gone

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
Yes it's a bad game but it's also one in which alleged bottom 2 side North Melbourne are beating alleged top 8 contender St.Kilda and I don't think we have hung nearly enough poo poo on the Saints for this.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

who is alleging the saints are a top 8 contender?

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Everyone involved with the saints

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

That last goal was loving embarassing. How many loose men did the roos have in the goalsquare just then? 4?

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

hiddenmovement posted:

Yes it's a bad game but it's also one in which alleged bottom 2 side North Melbourne are beating alleged top 8 contender St.Kilda and I don't think we have hung nearly enough poo poo on the Saints for this.

Richardson will get sacked before Buckley, huge lols, their list is a puddle.

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

the whiz kid
Firing up my microwave when I get home

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
Saints should be competing for a top 8 spot at this point in their development. They won like what 11 and 12 games in the last 2 years.

But they can look super bad a lot of the time and last year was a step backwards

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Doubled up by Norf. loving hell :psyboom:

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

realbez posted:

Everyone involved with the saints

so nobody who knows anything about footy then

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

https://twitter.com/AFL/status/979616071396179968

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say
this is an embarrassing showing from the saints

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Guess who put Ben Brown on the bench this week? This guy :negative:

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

hiddenmovement posted:

Imagine being a team seeking to play finals and losing to north lmao

:negative:

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Nearly double their scoring shots lol

To me they look like they plain aren't fit

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Brown was absolutely killed by Sideshow Bob. It's a shame that there wasn't a highly paid and rated KPD playing for the Saints that could have taken Bob.

Applecross WC.
Sep 13, 2004
Reverence and Disregard
Enjoyable watching the Saints the get smashed, they are absolute garbage.

If we can beat those frauds the Demons next week for about the 18th time in a row then I will be happy this season.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
The North fan :chanpop:

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
That was one of the worst games of footy I've ever seen the Saints play. The skills were non-existent, the contested ball was loving weak as piss (lost the count by 31!), and we were completely unorganized all over the ground. loving pathetic and if we keep playing like this we'll be hard pressed to win more than 5 games for the season.

At the very least I have a much shorter distance this year if I want to burn the club down.

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Jesus didn't die for this

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

the whiz kid
The old "we're better than that" is probably true because I don't think you could play a worse game of football if you tried, but the fact that they even had that sort of performance in them should be ringing a whole lot of alarm bells for the players and coaches. No matter how once off a performance might be, a good team would never play that loving poorly. Could be a defining moment for this rebuild, good or bad.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

boy undead posted:

The old "we're better than that" is probably true because I don't think you could play a worse game of football if you tried, but the fact that they even had that sort of performance in them should be ringing a whole lot of alarm bells for the players and coaches. No matter how once off a performance might be, a good team would never play that loving poorly. Could be a defining moment for this rebuild, good or bad.

Yeah, they either get their poo poo together and being to play like a team that has almost completed a rebuild, or the past 4 years was a complete waste and they need to start again.

Although, we are something like the 4th youngest list and 2nd least experienced this year so maybe we should be expecting inconsistency. But at this stage we've been consistently poo poo so I'm not sure that's the problem.

We can't exactly blame Roo and Monty being gone for our poo poo performance in the contest either. I don't know how we could go from being one of the better contested ball teams last year, to performing so poorly this year. Particularly when we got Armo back into the team.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
I was stupid enough to pay money to watch that trash at the ground and it was actually a blessing that the roof was open because it meant that I couldn't see for half the game.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
I don't care that I'm triple posting:

https://twitter.com/AdamBarclay86/status/979655987580649472

It really needs to have the burning hot plastic falling onto his foot to give it the real StKilda feeling imo. 7/10

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
I managed to live in ignorance of St Kilda's complete woefulness until 12:05am, I was quite happy before that point.

I am still happy in knowing that football is meaningless and that there is no conceivable reason for me to worry about it anymore. I'm going to dedicate my weekends to my music from now on I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
Looks like I chose a good season to stop paying any attention to footy news and just watch the games. Blindfolds and Yellow and Black on loop sounds pretty wacky but I'll take a 36 point win any day of the week :)

Also I forget if I already told you guys but I am now a dad, my baby daughter was born last week Monday :) Funny how that kind of thing makes you care a lot less about whether Tex is angry about leaks or whatever the gently caress is apparently going on.

Also apparently like half the cricket team has resigned or been suspended or something I don't loving know, time to get back to bottle feeding and fitting in 60 minute powernaps between nappy changes!