Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Good thing I didn't pick up Hamish in my already geriatric injury ward of an UF team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
My sister in law taught Goddard at Caulfield Grammar where he had a full scholarship (and one of the few to get one), apparently he was just a deeply ungrateful shithead then as he is now.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Spedman posted:

My sister in law taught Goddard at Caulfield Grammar where he had a full scholarship (and one of the few to get one), apparently he was just a deeply ungrateful shithead then as he is now.

To be fair this is almost every single kid and parent associated with an elite private school

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

My cousin went to high school with Lachie Whitfield and he was not shocked at all when I told him about Whitfield copping a drug ban. Said he was always a bit of a loose unit that got by on talent instead of working hard. He did speak pretty favourably about Hartung.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say
Hartung looks like Tin Tin so I'm not surprised he is a nice and good boy

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
You know I don’t think I’ll tune into the blockbuster tonight

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
The Japanese place opposite gate 1 does a great tonkotsu. $5 pots too! Gotta get blind enough to only focus on cripps

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Jesus Christ Wayne Carey is a dumb gently caress

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Its sorta busy here. I think it might crack 40k, both teams looking for their only chance of a win for a month.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Yes, lets light off fireworks when the roof is closed, nice.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Someone should tell Tom Boyd that if you can't grow a decent beard then you shouldn't bother trying.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
How do you know until youve tried tho

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Holy poo poo casboylt sprinted to get that contested mark.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
Not the highest standard, but a watchable game of footy

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Things are going well this year - Dan Hannebery has really slid off a cliff

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
I don't like Garlett getting dropped for a first gamer. I don't care how bad he was against the Tigers he's good against poo poo teams and we are playing a poo poo team this weekend

Forum Joe
Jun 8, 2001

Every day I'm shuffling!

Ask me about Tasmania!

Spedman posted:

Not the highest standard, but a watchable game of footy

I'm just happy the umps are letting a lot of stuff go to keep the ball moving. Seems a different game from the rest of the over refereed stuff from the last two rounds.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
No wonder we gave away gowers

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Double fifty lol

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
:siren: Caleb Daniel has removed his helmet! :siren:

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

Periphery posted:

:siren: Caleb Daniel has removed his helmet! :siren:

Caleb Uncaged :black101:

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
G. Post: 4 goals

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Ugh can you imagine how many Friday night games Carlton get when they actually become half decent

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

time to get prolific with
the whiz kid

snaeksikn posted:

Ugh can you imagine how many Friday night games Carlton get when they actually become half decent

All of them, I imagine. They'll rename Friday to Carlday.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

Diet Crack posted:

Things are going well this year - Dan Hannebery has really slid off a cliff

I traded Hartlett in and a few days later he does an ACL. :negative:

Also, check your UF trade inbox.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-04-27/afl-chief-gillon-mclachlan-not-against-hush-money-sexual-harass/9705678

quote:

AFL chief executive Gillon McLachlan says the league has no problems with hush money being paid to sexual harassment victims as long as it helps resolve the issue.

Fremantle hit the headlines earlier this month when it was reported an official made a secret payment to a former junior staffer to settle an alleged sexual harassment complaint.

The AFL's integrity unit investigated the harassment claims and found no further action was needed.

The Fremantle official at the centre of the storm has remained anonymous.

The murky issue of hush payments was raised when McLachlan fronted the media in Perth on Friday.

Without wanting to comment directly on the situation at Fremantle, he said it was important for confidentiality agreements to be honoured when the circumstances warranted.

Asked whether making payments to victims was against the AFL's respect and responsibility policy, McLachlan said no.

"What the core part of the policy is … is actually resolving the issue between the complainant and the person who they are making the allegation against," he said.

"It's entirely appropriate and part of the policy for it to be confidential.

"There's a wide series of options available for getting resolution. There are many cases that are resolved confidentially.

"That's one of the core tenants of the policy — where possible and where appropriate, the confidentiality remains because it's resolving the issue at hand between the two parties rather than actually being something for public debate.

"I think it's unfortunate when it comes out. Unfortunate for the complainant and the person who is being complained against."
Koch angry over Powell-Pepper handling

Earlier this week, Port Adelaide president David Koch slammed the AFL over its Sam Powell-Pepper investigation.

Koch said Powell-Pepper was a victim of the AFL's attempts to rebuild its reputation with women following the resignations of league executives Simon Lethlean and Richard Simkiss over their affairs with junior colleagues.

Powell-Pepper was slapped with a three-match ban over his late-night drunken behaviour, which the AFL said also included engaging in "inappropriate contact with a female".

Koch accused the AFL of "railroading a kid and trying to rebuild their reputation".

McLachlan said there was no bad blood between the AFL and Port Adelaide over the handling of the investigation.

"I think David was emotional and clearly feels he's protecting his player and his club," McLachlan said.

"I completely disagree and reject some of the things he said.

"Football's a passionate, emotional business, and I don't take any of it personally."

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
I guess Ross Lyon got away with that one

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say
yet another strong 2 quarter performance from geelong

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
Hell of a 4th quarter from the swans. Is sinclair normally that good for contested marks?

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
Sydney more than doubled their score in the 4th quarter :eyepop:

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
No, but Geelong are gassed. Too many kids/vfl players in the side.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

aejix posted:

Hell of a 4th quarter from the swans. Is sinclair normally that good for contested marks?

Nope. He's not Sandilands levels of stone fists but he's not the type to clunk them that often.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

aejix posted:

His form fluctuates quite dramatically. His last year with the Eagles his contested marking was really good, but his first year with Sydney is was shite. It's been all over the place since

the cool posts kid
Jul 24, 2007

hiddenmovement posted:

No, but Geelong are gassed. Too many kids/vfl players in the side.

hell of a midfield though

the cool posts kid
Jul 24, 2007

:confuoot:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

The light towers are off here and I don't know why

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
Saints are still garbagemen.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Get in the bin St Kilda.

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

time to get prolific with
the whiz kid
Why is every loving inside 50 a long bomb

Meanwhile Hawks lower the eyes and hit a forward in the lead for an easy shot on goal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Saints game plan: Let the Hawks have as much space as they want. If you win the ball kick it straight back to the Hawks.