Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

Nutsngum posted:

Oh poo poo its Ross Lyon, watch out Samantha Lane!

He answered her questions like a man under an NDA: terrified of saying anything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
I can't wait to see how the Saints let me down this week!

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."

Nutsngum posted:

Ah yeah I do, you dont play for West Brunswick do you? If so, im sorry.

It has not been a good fortnight against your mob, but we got about 6 senior players back today and put a good win on the board over in Prahan

Lets not talk about the clubbies

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

That sounds like uncivilised weather in Perth today

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Two bad teams playing bad footy

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

time to get prolific with
the whiz kid
This is going to be a hard game to get through.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

hiddenmovement posted:

It has not been a good fortnight against your mob, but we got about 6 senior players back today and put a good win on the board over in Prahan

Lets not talk about the clubbies

Yeah, Rovers are kind of too good for D1 really. That said, winning flags is always difficult.
Which one of the clubbies players were you? :P

Oh and gently caress St Kilda. How the flying gently caress are we so god drat bad in front of goal. 90% at training, loving 20% on game day. Where are their loving heads at?

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

Nutsngum posted:

Oh and gently caress St Kilda. How the flying gently caress are we so god drat bad in front of goal. 90% at training, loving 20% on game day. Where are their loving heads at?

Terry Wallace said something on the radio the other day that seemed to fit: By practising so much on it you make it a real focal point of the club and this just increases the pressure on the players so they just gently caress it up even more. He said that sometimes you just need to de-escalate the whole thing and not specifically practise it but just say"The goal kicking coach is there if you want to work on it, if not; don't worry about it.

Or we just purge the club and start again.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
What I want to know is where the gently caress the Saints contested and clearance skills went. It's gone from decent to absolute poo poo.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
If there's one thing Terry Wallace knows about its loving up a footy team

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Oof, that Freo goal

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

snaeksikn posted:

If there's one thing Terry Wallace knows about its loving up a footy team

Can't gently caress it up any more than it already is. Plus practising more clearly has had the opposite effect than intended and the theory seems to match the reality.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

How is Jack Macrae still underrated?

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
It's not like the Saints needed Carlisle anyway. He's only like their best player.

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

the whiz kid
Knee to the head is prior opportunity

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

It's OK Carlisle doesn't need the brain cells and St Kilda need him back on the ground, they'll fudge the concussion test and get him back in

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."

Nutsngum posted:

Yeah, Rovers are kind of too good for D1 really. That said, winning flags is always difficult.
Which one of the clubbies players were you? :P

I haven't played this year, I was under the impression that they had a full decent side and that I was surplus to requirements so I haven't put my hand up.

But they had a three man bench and a tonne of kids/new guys today, so blargh.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
There is no way Richo lasts the year if we keep this poo poo up. I just don't see how any club could justify keeping a coach with these performances.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.
I just dont get what has happened to this team? Even if we were playing exactly as well as last year we should be competitive to 2/3rds of the teams out there. Currently we are just deplorable in almost every facet of the game. Yes we lost Roo and Montagna but that doesnt explain the complete breakdown across the board.

hiddenmovement posted:

I haven't played this year, I was under the impression that they had a full decent side and that I was surplus to requirements so I haven't put my hand up.

But they had a three man bench and a tonne of kids/new guys today, so blargh.

I think they need any help they can get.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Good Bloke, more like cooked bloke

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
Yeah, looks we've gone backwards since winning the spoon in 2014. Something is seriously wrong.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

Nutsngum posted:

I just dont get what has happened to this team? Even if we were playing exactly as well as last year we should be competitive to 2/3rds of the teams out there. Currently we are just deplorable in almost every facet of the game. Yes we lost Roo and Montagna but that doesnt explain the complete breakdown across the board.

Yeah, there's no way this is a talent issue. Losing Roo and Monty doesn't suddenly turn us into one of the worst contested/clearance teams in the competition since neither had anything to do with that.

It almost has to be a complete disconnect between the coach and the players because I'm really running out of other possible reasons.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
The only good thing to come from this game so far is Ed Phillips performance. Of course, now that I've said this he'll do an ACL or break a leg or something.

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

the whiz kid
Our best player is a first gamer.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
https://twitter.com/barshmalex/status/995200023754244097

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Look at these two massive loving idiots make contact with and umpire the week after someone got suspended for making contact with an umpire: http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-05-12/watch-two-players-make-umpire-contact

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

:captainpop:

Periphery posted:

Look at these two massive loving idiots make contact with and umpire the week after someone got suspended for making contact with an umpire: http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-05-12/watch-two-players-make-umpire-contact
Yep they'll get done.

Really sucks as Curnow was probably BOG today with 13 tackles, 2 goals, 7 clearances and 24 touches and we really need him next week. But he goes and does this with a few minutes left in the game. They might rule it as accidental any other week of the season but not after last week.

drunkill fucked around with this message at 13:12 on May 12, 2018

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

the whiz kid

loving beautiful

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

I enjoy seeing Essendon's suckiness clashing with their smug dumbass fans' sense of entitlement

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
The Saints have kicked 5 of the last 6 goals and I still think they are the worst team in the league.

E: That's the sort of kicking I expect from the Saints captain!

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
It's not enough to get me to watch the game, I know we'll just kick ourselves out of it again.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
fuckin lol mccarthy you scrub idiot. Two players open in the goal square but nah lets go back and miss the set shot instead

e: and it was an 11 point play too hahahahahha

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

the whiz kid
Seriously delist Geary and make Ed Philips the captain, it'll be an improvement

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

I believe I am cheering for St Kilda

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Membrey sucks. He used to be a good set shot for the last few years as well

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
gently caress off with the poo poo goal kicking already.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

snaeksikn posted:

Membrey sucks. He used to be a good set shot for the last few years as well

He's had 5 shots at goal today and last year and all of them would have been easy shots for him last year.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Relegate St Kilda to the VFL

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

the whiz kid
I am dead inside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spedman