Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
Jack Viney is a late out with signs of stress on the same toe which kept him out for a big chunk last year and hosed up his preseason

Cool, cool cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Noice

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Melbourne is averaging the second highest amount of inside 50s in recorded league history, second only to essendon in 2000. All the other sides in the top 5 of the rankings went on to play in a grand final.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Testekill posted:

Should be more concerned with making the finals first.

Yeah, the fact the Dees are still on a 9-6 record speaks for itself

And we're off to a good start already

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Petracca standing in a tackle sends a torpedo in for a Hogan contested mark, I could get used to seeing that kind of thing

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Max Gawn, what a player

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Demons are looking great against the worst 3rd quarter team in the comp

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Happy with the win but geez we gently caress up a lot of forward 50 entries. Hopefully will be able to take a couple of big scalps before the finals roll around instead of relying on flogging the lower teams

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Jason Can't-Stand-Ya

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Brown Paper Bag posted:

What's with this trend of coaches coaching from the bench. Hipster bullshit IMO

GWS kicked Leon Cameron out of the box because he kept throwing tantrums during matches and it was too distracting

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

The battle of the spuds

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

snoremac posted:

drop bolton that unable to kick a point idiot

actually drop castagna who kicked 5 points

I'm not sure which was worse, Bolton missing everything from a set shot or Shiel missing everything when running into the 50

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Periphery posted:

Welp, looks like Nic Nat has hurt his other knee. They haven't said what it is yet, but Simpson was pretty flat when he spoke about it.

Yeah just watched the replay, innocuous landing with the player going down immediately, that looks like an ACL

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

NPR Journalizard posted:

Pretty sure they haven't beaten any team in the 8

They towelled up the demons on queens birthday

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Windmill Hut posted:

I'm really hoping that Richmond are Geelong of 08. Even better than the flag year and clearly the dominant side during the regular season, but get done in the GF by an unexpected side.

It would be a welcome return of the kind of Richmonding that the footy world has been crying out for

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Paul Roos said On The Couch that when he came to the Demons he wanted Shaun Higgins as part of his established player recruitment strategy, and someone in the club talked him out of it saying Higgins was cooked.

Ffffffuuuccckkk what a get that would have been

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Poison the runners on game day, the antidote must be milked from a sphinx cat they have to keep with them at all times.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

drunkill posted:

He couldn't bear not playing against Jed lamb on the weekend. rip.

lamb is lucky to be playing

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

lycett is going to get a season ending injury in the next week or two imo, its just the way it always works out

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Hibberd injuring his quad at this point of the season hurts, especially as he's been playing Lever's counter-attacking role

Hunt will hopefully be fit next week so it's a good opportunity for him

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

teacup posted:

I never really listen to commentary or watch on telly until recently and Carey coming back kinda just passed me by. It infuriates me. I don’t understand how the AFL or the community at large just forgives him for everything he’s done. Not even the cheating stuff like the abuse is what I’m talking about

He really glassed the broken ceiling for abusers everywhere

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Lol flukiest goal I've ever seen

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Man the Suns uniform is just the worst

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Pls kick straight melbourne

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Oliver's hands are freakishly fast

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Have a week holiday Hawkins you soft oval office

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

The choke is on

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

The choke is no longer on but still, loving hell

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Periphery posted:

16.4 to 14.14

Bad kicking is good football to watch, I guess?

Tom McDonald, our best set shot kick in the side, missed his first 2 set shots on goal in the first quarter. Hogan got a knee in the hip early on and was off e: physically for the rest of the game. Just goes that way sometimes.

Still, ffffffuuucccckkkkkkk

snaeksikn fucked around with this message at 13:17 on Jul 21, 2018

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Diet Crack posted:

Yeah that was pretty loving soft to be honest. He only gets him in the shoulder as well.

Radio said Honeychurch was taken to hospital

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

GWS have been trying to kill the clock from the 12 minutes to play mark of the last quarter

Bold strategy, cotton

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Periphery posted:

Koby Stevens has retired due to the ongoing issues from concussion.

Well that's pretty hosed up. Hopefully there's going to be plenty of support from the AFLPA cos it sounds like he needs it

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

NTRabbit posted:

Tom Hawkins punching a guy in the face, cleared because even though he did it he didn't mean to do it

Didn't want to put a damper on his birthday, he's only got 30kg on Fritsch and is usually a Good Bloke

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Shmoses posted:

Do you guys really think Hawkins should have been suspended for that.

Should have been cited at the very least.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Shmoses posted:

https://twitter.com/afl_pkeane/status/1021290333202550785?s=21

I can’t see much in the incident that contradicts that ruling

I would call the motion a strike rather than a push, not disputing the open hand but he's kneeling over a prone opponent and swings his hand down in frustration clipping the opposition player in the jaw. He didn't accidentally hit Fritsch, he deliberately hit him when Fritsch couldn't do anything to defend himself.

So I wouldn't have rated the contact as incidental.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

richmond is the only club to have less twitter followers than club members

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

I can't believe we got however many preseasons of being teased with 9 pointer goals and then they pull this idea out of nowhere

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Jayden Hunt has been named as available but the club has confirmed Hibberd will be out for the next 3 weeks.

I'd say Joel Smith needs to lose his spot for Hunt, he's got great hands and athleticism but his skills just aren't there yet and we gotta just put our best team on the park at this point

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Ball was thrown up quicker but no mention of whether they got rid of the ruck nomination?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Didn't the doggies get people to sign their dogs to memberships a while ago as well?